Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • iMac won't connect to Garmin
  • dantsw13

Ive just started having problems with connecting my Garmins to my iMac to transfer maps. Both my Etrex20 and Edge810 now don’t show up in finder. Any ideas?

vincienup
    Free Member

I’ll be trying my Edge Touring on the mac when I get home before breaking out the pitchforks. I gave up trying to make it talk to a machine at work last night to upload rides – (message about ‘unfortunate temporary unavailability of servers’). I’m hoping this is down to the firewall here although it seems to be quite a common complaint on the Garmin boards which they helpfully advise uninstalling everything, reinstalling everything and turning all your security off and going online wide open to solve. 😯

Not for the first time I’m getting the impression that Garmin make quite nice GPS units and are totally incompetent at customer service and client-side software…

wilburt
    Free Member

My latest Garmin and all my previous Garmins have been very unreliable at connecting. After a recent update my 520 became impossible to connect on either a mac or pc. I had a twitter chat with Garmin which ended with me telling them I was buying a Wahoo Bolt.
    Theres a way to force connection as a drive on pc but it didn’t seem to work on mac. The Garmin still doesnt connect to mac but luckliy I can just as easily use the pc.

sockpuppet

I simply tried a different cable last time, after a prompt from here! Low-tech, but it worked.

bensales
    Free Member

Actually, in this case, I think it’s Apple’s fault. I had same problem with my 520 and Dad’s Touring. This was the trick for finding the mounted drives:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4257892?start=0&tstart=0

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I had the same problem a few weeks ago when syncing via Garmin Express then opening Connect on my MacBook. Seemed to sort itself out, so maybe a software issue solved by an update? Are you fully upto date with your updates?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘iMac won't connect to Garmin’ is closed to new replies.