Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • I'm now fat.
  • zippykona

For the last 20 years I have bought 32″ jeans. Just had to be measured and I have a 36 ” waist.
    Measured all my jeans and they sure aren’t 16″ wide at the waist.
    What goes on?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

16″ wide at the waist.

You sure – really sure – you’re not anorexic?

Northwind

zippykona – Member

What goes on?

When you’re younger you can eat what you like, drink what you like, and still climb into your 26″ waist trousers and zip them closed. Then you reach that age, 24-25, your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag, and without any warning at all you’re suddenly a fat bastard

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Welcome to middle age sir.

Bazz

When you’re younger you can eat what you like, drink what you like, and still climb into your 26″ waist trousers and zip them closed. Then you reach that age, 24-25, your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag, and without any warning at all you’re suddenly a fat bastard

Wasn’t that from Red dwarf or summit?

mrgoll
    Free Member

Hmmm. Sounds like a classic case of Builders tum? All that slaving away working hard everyday, building up a solid core. The extra muscle under your insulation layer is now puffing you out a little around the midriff adding to the illusion that you have widened. Yep, I’m pretty sure you have just overworked your core. 🙂

nedrapier

“I should iron my jeans! I want a nice white crease down the front of my 501s. Actually, sod that, I’m going to Millets, get myself a pair of proper jeans. With an elasticated waist!” – J. Dee

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Yes, Bodyswap. Not that I’m a Dwarfer or owt….

Solo
    Free Member

Liar, Liar, 36″ waist pants, on Fire !.

🙂

samuri
    Free Member

It’s your muscles. They’ve reached the size where 32″ in no longer enough to contain their girth.

Or your cock has got a lot bigger.

Obviously, being a mountain biker this is entirely possible.

martinhutch

Sitting on a hardtail all day has pounded the contents of my pelvis up against my diaphragm, giving the illusion that I am a fat bastard.

Kevevs
    Free Member

buy “pre-stretched” 2nd hand 32″ jeans from the charity shop. They’ll fit, and you can convince yourself you’re still slim. Works for me, can’t do the button on new ones 🙁

scaredypants

32″ – is that the “size zero” people keep going on about ?

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Carter USM, now there’s a blast from the past!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m 32″ in jeans, and pretty sure my waist doesn’t measure that.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Have jeans sizes gotten a little optimistic over the last 5 years too?

I’ve got some 34″ jeans from the 90’s and there’s no way they’d fit now, despite having much newer 32″ jeans I don’t fit into and plenty of new 34″ ones that I do.

*wistfull thinking*
    Had food poisoning this week so a headstart on loseing the 10kg I’ve had since Uni. then with any luck a summer riding bikes will get me back to my pre-university weight.
    *wistfull thinking*

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

Have jeans sizes gotten a little optimistic over the last 5 years too?Mostly, yeah…to make the purchaser feel better about themselves. They’re probably a couple of sizes out, meaning the OP is actually sporting a 40″ waist. The fat bastard! I am, ahem, also wearing a ’36’ inch trouser 😀

martinhutch

I’ve managed to get myself into 32″ labelled jeans for the first time in yonks. Got my waist measured at the docs the other day – 34″…

trail_rat
    Free Member

you say that like its a bad thing to like red dwarf 😉

njee20
    Free Member

30″ jeans here, but not a cat in hell’s chance of getting into 30″ ‘smart’ trousers, so I imagine my waist is not 30″!

Solo
    Free Member

Pyro

34s here, simply because jeans designed for 32″ waists don’t go over my god-knows-what inch biker/rugby player’s backside.

BigJohn

I’m now fat.

But before I started the iDiet I was obese. So that’s a significant improvement.

And I’m a bit older than 25. And so are my children. So it’s never too late.

diawl2
    Free Member

I feel your pain. I put a load of fat on round my waist over Christmas but am stoically refusing to go up a waist size. I also suffer from an enhanced Gluteus Maximus. On the plus side, I can squat loads.
    Tesco are generous in their sizing of jeans.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

diawl2 – Member
    Tesco are generous in their sizing of jeans.

No surprise there…Tesco are a company who know their core market 😀

wwaswas

Elastic waists are good for this, I’m told;

I’m 46 and still wear 31/32″ waist jeans although there is a small roll of ‘skin’ over the top when I sit down now 🙁

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘I'm now fat.’ is closed to new replies.