• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I'm going out. I may be some time.
  • Bunnyhop

A trip to the post office is a must, so I'm going out.
    What should I wear?
    High heels, which seem to be the footwear of choice for the local chav ladies is probably not a good idea.

It's put down at least 2 cm of snow in the last hour!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Went for a pint over in Todmorden Saturday night, got the train. As i was waiting on the platform a train pulled in and disgorged a group of young girls/women. Given the weather was snow, she was wearing 4" heels and a sleeveless mini dress – nowt else, not even tights!

Yes, she had an impressive figure, yes she had amazing legs and yes, she had the skin of an 18 month old baby but WTF????

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Uggs if it's not too far. They get a bit soggy if they get wet!

crazy-legs

bunnyhop:

muddydwarf:
    She was probably a Geordie, the weather will have been "mildly chilly" on her scale… 😉

Bunnyhop

Uggs – I wouldn't be seen dead in them, sorry not offence.

Crazy legs – that's more my style.

TN
    Free Member

Go for it Bunnyhop – if you don't check back in in an hour or so, where shall we send the dogs??

I've just been out in search of grit – looked like I was going out on an expedition. Especially when stopped to talk by a very 'girlie' lady down the street, in her pretty pink parka with furry lined hood and her ugg-style boots. I think my clothing it was probably slight overkill in hindsight but I was warm and I got grit without falling on my arse or damaging anything/anyone, so it was a success…

Sue_W
    Free Member

Did my last trip to take family pressies to the post office yesterday … car snowed in so the nearest post office is a 3 hour hike off-road through the mountains to Llanberis

Beautiful – untrod crisp snow, blue sky, sun, glistening mountains and silence (bit nippy mind!)

So, cloting of choice was thermals, fleeces, winter overtrousers, down jacket, hat, scarf, mountaineering gloves … rucksac with supplies (and parcels to post). Looked like a mini-michellin man, but assure you there are some half-way decent legs underneath

Best post-office trip I've had for ages 🙂

Bunnyhop

Great stuff TN and Sue_W.
    As you can see I'm safely back.
    I did offer to help carry some shopping up the hill for a lady. She was made up to the nines and was managing by putting her bags down in stages and returning, her face was pink with excertion. The taxi's aren't running and she ended up walking. Health safey gone mad though, 'cos no matter what I said she wouldn't allow me to help, incase I fell and slipped!!

It's still snowng though and showing no signs of stopping.

coffeeking
    Free Member

High heels, which seem to be the footwear of choice for the local chav ladies is probably not a good idea.

Heels is probably the only way you'll get grip without crampons.

Bunnyhop

Ooooh I mis-read crampons 😳

miketually
    Free Member

2cm in an hour? MTFU! 😉

We went to visit my wife's gran this morning. It was -5 when we set off – I had to get a hammer and crowbar from the garage to break the lumps of ice out of the front wheel arches.

mrsflash
    Free Member

I actually find high heels work quite well in snow and ice, kind of like crampons.

rOcKeTdOg

heels should just be for the bedroom

mamadirt
    Free Member

I'm going out. I may be some time

Me too 😀 . Can't remember whether I ordered the beef or the turkey . . . please let it be the roast beef 😛

Drac

She was probably a Geordie, the weather will have been "mildly chilly" on her scale.

If she was then's a soft Geordie to think it was mildly chilly.

nbt

PeterPoddy – Member

Uggs if it's not too far. They get a bit soggy if they get wet!

Uggs are quite popular with the "in crowd" of the Beautiful People down in Marple Bridge, where everything has a label like Ralph Lauren or Diesel or some other stupidly expensive name

Slag Wellies is the other common name for them, of course. Can't really understand why…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I'm going out. I may be some time.’ is closed to new replies.