Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 188 total)
  • I'm Furious! (Nursery content)
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

As an aside, I can’t get my head round this bit…..

said daughter has an as yet undiagnosed liver/low blood sugar issue which they are aware of, and keeping her hungry aka blood sugars low can send her into seizure in the worse case.

Sounds like a standard ‘I’m disgusted thread’ bolt-on template intended to shore-up and vindicate the OP’s initial whinge, whilst simultaneously rousing support amongst dim-witted readers and instilling guilt in any perceived guilty party that happens to be reading the post.

For example:

“To the idiot who accidentally lightly bumped intentionally smashed a trolley into my car in the supermarket car park this morning. Thanks a lot!
    What you didn’t know is that my grandad was in the back seat as I was taking him shopping as he’s too old and frail to go himself after being wounded at Verdun and awarded the George Cross for bravery… having worked every day of his life, never claiming a penny in benefits… and suffering from a rare undiagnosed PTSD condition that can easily be triggered by IDIOTS ramming trolleys into him. I hope you’re proud of yourself!

convert

Pudding is not proper food, it’s a treat. The treat was withdrawn as a punishment. Fair enough I reckon.

If you think their nutritional plan for her is sorted down to the last calorie to include this pudding you are deluding yourself. As said above what would you have wanted them to to if she had refused to eat it?

You are over reacting.

allthepies
    Free Member

You’re a bundle of fun aren’t you 🙂

jambourgie that is.

Kryton57

When a child in your care has a serious medical issue related to food intake/sugar levels then it’s stupid to use withdrawal of food as a punishment IMO. Would they do the same to a diabetic child ?

Put the child on the naughty step or something.

Thank you. Yes, she has had seizures, last episode in Hospital was this time last week after a 24 hour vomiting bug. Maybe try considering my anxiety based around that fact, before posting some insulting content regarding my character – I appreciate I didn’t use it initially. Of course she deserves the discipline, in the “time out manner” we agreed and have come to expect, same at home. Andyl – do you have kids? And if so do you refer to the, as “it” also? A bit heartless IMO.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

She clearly needed to be torte a lesson

Spelling maybe?

OP, get a grip. What would you rather have the nursery do on this occasion?

deejayen
    Free Member

I can’t recall ever meeting a 2 year old, so I’m curious about what they can do! Can they talk and understand and actually tidy up? It just sounds a bit too young to me. I’m not sure that ‘punishment’ would work – I suppose nursery staff can’t dedicate too much time to individuals, but I seem to remember that as a young child I responded better to explanations (and an example) of what was expected of me, rather than threats.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Get over yourself.

Discipline is good, even at an early age. I used to get my pudding withheld if I didn’t finish my main course.

legend
    Free Member

Based on this thread: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/my-mil-bought-me-a-garmin-vivofit

I think we know that dessert is not something to be trifled with in the Kryton household!

project
    Free Member

Parent entrusts their child into the care of a service providor, service user,(small child) refuses to do as told, service providior then refuses a treat.#

Parent then creates a a medical history un diagnosed by medical personnel to make a story out of a small matter of indiscipline.

martinhutch

Spelling maybe?

I know, it’s a cultural dessert round here.

teasel
    Free Member

Spelling maybe?

Heh

Re-read Mr Hutch’s post in a less pedantic light.

Made me hungry, it did…

Kryton57

I didn’t creat a medical history , to tart up an Internet post Project, what do you take me for? She’s being treated for sudden crashing of blood sugars when in a fasted or deprived state by GOSH by medical personnel btw not the cleaner, , the underlying cause is not yet known.

phil40
    Free Member

i was inclined to say it seemed like a fair punishment, then I asked my wife (lectures to degree level in early years education and is an ofsted inspector). It turns out you are absolutely right to be furious!

Nurseries have no right to deny food at ant time, even pudding, they should not have done it, and ofsted would be very very unimpressed. She then started going on about the UNCRC (1989) welfare requirements, asking for the behaviour policy of the nursery to see where it says witholding food is an accepted punishment for not tidying up.

She wasn’t happy and I am a little scared!

sockpuppet

She clearly needed to be torte a lesson

Spelling maybe?

Some people donut get a hint I guess

colp

I’m discustard!

phil40
    Free Member

united nations convention on the rights of children UNCRC (I had to ask!)

jambourgie
    Free Member

It’s PC scone mad!

somouk
    Free Member

What nursery is it?

A lot have policies on acceptable punishments so worth asking to see it.

With holding food is specifically banned as a punishment at the nursery chain my girlfriend works for.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Some people donut get a hint I guess

I’m embarrassed now! Never saw that! 😳

colp

I think they are in the right.
    I’d do the same thing myself without an afters-thought.

RustyMac

Having a 2 year old I’d be a little hacked off with that method of punishment, especially with a known medical condition. I would most likely be emailing the nursery to say you disagree with the approach of withdrawing food for poor behavior and whilst you agree that discipline is important you would prefer them to use another method with your child such as the naughty step or time in the quiet corner to try and avoid any agrivation of their medical condition.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Perhaps she wouldn’t tidy away the dishes from her aperitifs, starter and main course, so they couldn’t give her pudding because there was nowhere to put it. Unless she was to eat off the floor. I for one would not be impressed that they would not let her eat off the floor. Why are people criticising the nursery for not making a child eat off the floor? The mind boggles…

theotherjonv

I can’t believe you’re all getting so het up over a trifling matter.

Discuss it rationally tomorrow with them, tell them it’s out of order (maybe without quoting the UN specifically) and ask them not to do it again.

Tell your daughter that if she refuses to help tidy up again she will be punished in another way.

End of. People make mistakes, it’s how they deal with them and learn from them that matters.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Actually after reading this again I think the nursery are taking the biscuit.

Kryton57

Having a 2 year old I’d be a little hacked off with that method of punishment, especially with a known medical condition. I would most likely be emailing the nursery to say you disagree with the approach of withdrawing food for poor behavior and whilst you agree that discipline is important you would prefer them to use another method with your child such as the naughty step or time in the quiet corner to try and avoid any agrivation of their medical condition.

I shall be talking to them tomorrow.

bearnecessities

Apologies if this has been said, but seems a trifling matter.

STATO
    Free Member

Given the medical condition and your disgust at them withholding food. I’m presuming they had an agreed menu approved by doctors to manage the condition, and pudding was an intricate part of it. I mean, if it was a meal that didn’t include pudding you’d be ringing up checking that she had sufficiently size main meal and her intake weighed and monitored?

colp

Make sure you know what you are going to say before you go in,
    You know, don’t go off all half-baked.

monksie
    Free Member

You really are trying to sell the concept that your daughter not getting her (just) dessert(s) by deprivation by the nursery staff could of……what? Caused some kind of medical crisis?
    You’re funny.
    “I shall be talking to them tomorrow”
    And they’ll be having a right laugh at you on your way out.

DrJ

Did the police send you a letter informing you of her bad behaviour and warning you of the consequences of giving her pudding?

colp

She could have passed out at the dinner table and possibly fallen into a korma.

martinhutch

Steady on laddoo. We’re not doing curries today.

scotroutes

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5diMImYIIA[/video]

Poor wee lassi

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Even though she’s only 2 1/2, the earlier she realises that she can’t have her cake & eat it the better. (IMO)

imnotverygood

I rather feel the OP has lost his sense of perspective on this one. I’m not surprised sympathy is lacking.

colp

martinhutch – Member
    Steady on laddoo. We’re not doing curries today.

Sorry mate, sometimes I have to be spoon fed the rules.

colp

imnotverygood – Member
    I rather feel the OP has lost his sense of perspective on this one.

Give him a break, he might have a lot on his plate at the moment.

scotroutes

Sorry mate, sometimes I have to be spoon fed the rules.[/quote]That looks pretty cool fae here.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Joking aside, I’d be more concerned that the Nursery are using the children as a source of free labour. I have friends with 2 year old kids and they can’t even talk let alone tidy up! Don’t they have a caretaker or external cleaning service? What else have they got these poor babies doing? Cleaning chimneys? Servicing motor vehicles?

project
    Free Member

Apologies to Kryton for being naughty, now lets assume your daughter was elderley and she had ben deprived of a part of her meal, would that be anymore acceptable.

No refusing people food no matter what age for petty non medical reasons eg dietry, weight loss allergies, etc is not acceptable.

Report the matter to Care standards and see what they do/say, they inspect child care establishments.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 188 total)

The topic ‘I'm Furious! (Nursery content)’ is closed to new replies.