Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 188 total)
  • I'm Furious! (Nursery content)
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

Also NATO article 5 includes lunch boxes and flasks within any signatory country.

ransos
    Free Member

By taking our kids to nursery we have to let other adults have the responsibility and the continuity of the decision making that day, after all they are in charge;

We pay them to look after our children, and in return, anything goes? I disagree.

andyl
    Free Member

slowoldman

Treacle sponge or chocolate sponge?

DrJ

Now that the trials of war criminals from former Yugoslavia are winding down, there’s a building going spare in The Hague. Obvious solution, really.

hora
    Free Member

OP take her out of the nursery then and into a new one.

State that she can eat whatever she wants when she wants. After all shes your Princess and she can have what she wants.

When you’ve got a nightmare on your hands you’ll then go onto to blame her school teachers, etc and not yourself?

School rang me up ‘your 4yr old fell out of a tree whilst playing and scratched his face’.

Ok.

What else could I say? Stop him climbing trees? I just laughed.

BigDummy
    Free Member

conventions are about interpretation, and given that she lectures this stuff to undergraduates, and also works as an Ofsted inspector for nurseries (not the care quality commission). I would say her view still trumps ours!

I am happy to acknowledge that it would be interesting to see her reasoned opinion on the case, while agreeing in broad principle with DrJ. It sounds daft, but that doesn’t mean of course mean that she’s not correct.

🙂

ransos
    Free Member

When you’ve got a nightmare on your hands you’ll then go onto to blame her school teachers, etc and not yourself?

And people accuse the OP of a lack of perspective…

jam-bo

School rang me up ‘your 4yr old fell out of a tree whilst playing and scratched his face’.

Ok.

What else could I say? Stop him climbing trees? I just laughed.

And if he’d come home with a scratch on his face and no explanation? they didn’t phone to let you know, they phoned to cover their arse…

warns74
    Free Member

“Nurseries have set millions aside for PPI (Particularly Pampered Infants)”

Were YOU denied pudding?
    Did YOU trip over a soft toy and graze your hand or bump your knee?

Call now to talk to one of our advisors and claim your free packet of Angel Delight

Junkyard
    Free Member

they have to do that so that if he drops dead you wont sue.
    Its a response to the claim culture so dont blame schools blame the **** who sue schoold

For example my son got rushed to hospital as he cut his head on a nail* – act of vandalism the school had not noted. They were relived we did not sue as they would have had to pay out for the injury and trauma. I filed it under shit happens but plenty of folk would have seen the pound signs. Probably have got a few thousand for it.
    * fairly minor but two stitches

patriotpro
    Free Member

So, on a public forum, you ask folk to judge your reaction to a scenario then when they oblige you respond with

Kryton57 – Member
    Jesus Christ, how judgemental.

I’m in awe 😆

hora
    Free Member

And if he’d come home with a scratch on his face and no explanation? they didn’t phone to let you know, they phoned to cover their arse…

No I was glad that they let him climb the tree/have the opportunity.

They could easily have told me when I got to the school to collect him.

However I appreciate some parents would go batshitmental that they weren’t told within 0.5sec’s of the event happening so they could have the choice to rush round, etc etc.

I imagine some are right tools. I just said ‘oh really (laughed abit) then said ‘thats him allover’.

When he was 2 he went OTB on the velodrome BMX track so I’m not that **** ‘£££-compo’ as a parent 😀

martinhutch

Jesus Christ, how judgemental.

Actually, JC supports Kryton on this one:

Luke 18:16 – ‘Soufflé little children to come unto me’

thestabiliser
    Free Member

and ‘Bleesed are the cheesecakers’

Northwind

slowoldman – Member

When was pudding relegated from “food” to “treat”?

Why not both?

wwaswas

Why not both?

Freat?

Trood?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

If they accuse you of being petit, filous a complaint form.

wwaswas

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ah, Pink Floyd…

deviant
    Free Member

sudden crashing of blood sugars when in a fasted or deprived state

This has been done but worth repeating….she’d already eaten therefore her bloodsugars werent in danger of crashing because she wasnt in a deprived or fasted state.

I had this at about the same age, this is going back 30=odd years and it didnt have a name then (maybe things are different now?)….i was just burning through my calories too quickly, massively fast metabolism….advice to my Mother from the Docs at the time was to ‘give me a spoonful of sugar if i looked peaky’…it worked, i was fine.

I’d suggest you could also create food issues by giving your daughter what food she wants when she wants it because you’re scared of her having low blood sugars…children arent daft and she’ll soon work out the link and play on this…

“daddy i want some chocolate?”

“no”

“daddy i dont feel well”

Hmmm…..

State that she can eat whatever she wants when she wants. After all shes your Princess and she can have what she wants.

Haha, yep….Hora gets it.

Its not that indulged children become monsters as adults (generally they dont, it tends to wear off in late teens)…its that you make life so much harder for them as young adults, they get used to having everything their own way and then go into the big wide world and realise it isnt like that and have a very unhappy time adjusting to people telling them “no”.

Massive over reaction IMO.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

hora – Member
    No I was glad that they let him climb the tree/have the opportunity.

They could easily have told me when I got to the school to collect him.

However I appreciate some parents would go batshitmental that they weren’t told within 0.5sec’s of the event happening so they could have the choice to rush round, etc etc.

I imagine some are right tools. I just said ‘oh really (laughed abit) then said ‘thats him allover’.

When he was 2 he went OTB on the velodrome BMX track so I’m not that **** ‘£££-compo’ as a parent

POSTED 29 MINUTES AGO #

Just to counterbalance your point my step son fell over at school , banged his head , the school didn’t tell us and nor did he . Next day he collapses at home , goes into a coma , nearly dies and comes out 3 months later with brain damage and his life pretty much ruined . Had the school told us then his treatment would have been much quicker and his prognosis significantly better .

colp

Just chat to the nursery. Tell them you’ll keep her in there but it’s conditori on them giving her pudding.
    The whole thing sounds like a very delicatessen situation.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Had the school told us then his treatment would have been much quicker and his prognosis significantly better

Be honest – would you have taken him to the hospital and would they have scanned him?

legend
    Free Member

waiting with baited breath to hear about the stern talking to the nursery received this morning!

conkerman
    Free Member

Not acceptable.

Unless you have agreed that this is an acceptable penalty.

The blood sugar thing is a red herring.

Go and speak to them and tell them that you do not agree and they need to be a bit more creative.

If they give you any static, move the child and let slip the auditors of ballache (CQC/OFSTED)

jota180
    Free Member

[Quote]legend – Member
    waiting with baited breath to hear about the stern talking to the nursery received this morning[/quote]

Too late for that
    The UN negotiation & arbitration team have been briefed (by another posters wife] so they have now taken over the incident

hora
    Free Member

Just to counterbalance your point my step son fell over at school , banged his head , the school didn’t tell us and nor did he . Next day he collapses at home , goes into a coma , nearly dies and comes out 3 months later with brain damage and his life pretty much ruined . Had the school told us then his treatment would have been much quicker and his prognosis significantly better .

Thing is would you have taken him to hospital that day if he came home looked ok/talked ok but only deteriorated the next day?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

wanmankylung – Member
    Had the school told us then his treatment would have been much quicker and his prognosis significantly better
    Be honest – would you have taken him to the hospital and would they have scanned him?

POSTED 31 MINUTES AGO #

hora – Member
    Thing is would you have taken him to hospital that day if he came home looked ok/talked ok but only deteriorated the next day?

POSTED 20 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

We would have taken him straight to hospital , not to the doctors first and when we were at the hospital they would have CAT scanned him straight away rather than trying to find out if he had been taking drugs , sniffing glue , had an allergic reaction to something and various other possibilities.
    After a 10 year battle the court agreed with us that at least 3 hours would have been saved and his outcome would have been significantly better . I have been told that his case is the reason why children always get a note to take home if they have any kind of accident at school .

tonyd

My boys are always coming home with knocks and scrapes, both of them had bang to the head yesterday. We just sign the form, chuckle about it and moved on – no rushing to A&E, no scans, etc. However if something happened today we would at least know about it so could inform the people treating him.

OP – over reaction in my opinion. If you don’t trust the nursery to act on your behalf then find another nursery. You can’t always have a set response to a childs behaviour, even if the no pudding thing were an off the cuff ‘punishment’ it was done for a reason. I would hope that nursery staff are pretty well versed in how to get a child to do what is asked without calling the parents to ask advice or resorting to a checklist. In this case it sounds like the staff member made a call and you need to trust them a little.

Are you micro-managed at work? Ever been? Now put yourself in the shoes of the nursery staff you’re criticising.

cranberry
    Free Member

Yes – a friend of mine works at the ICTY ( International Criminal Tribunal for Yugoslavia ) cataloguing and checking statements and media files entered as evidence. He rarely speaks about the sort of videos that he has to look at, but once mentioned that sometimes the perpetrators had videoed themselves torturing and killing people for fun.

As his job is coming to an end perhaps we could all, as citizens of the world, press our respective governments to constitute an International Criminal Tribunal for The Denial Of Pudding and keep my friend in employment – albeit that we would inevitably have to put in place some form of counselling for those who heard the shocking evidence of an uncooperative child not getting any pudding once.

aracer
    Free Member

I’ve been phoned up to be told similar, and everybody in the school knows me and I’m sure also my attitude to things like this (am currently sitting in the school typing whilst waiting for IT stuff to install). Just standard practice, and with good reason given RN’s experiences. Like everybody else I don’t rush to A&E when I get such a report, but as he successfully argued, having the knowledge makes a difference in what treatment you seek if there is a subsequent problem.

Much sympathy for you and your son.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

waiting with baited breath to hear about the stern talking to the nursery received this morning!

Apparently, they gave the OP his daughters leftover pudding, and he’s agreed to drop all charges.

colonelwax
    Free Member

Bit of a mix-up at the nursery, think they gave the pudding to the other UN so I can see why the United Nations might have to be involved

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Well, one thing I’ve learned here:

I’m looking forward to becoming a parent in the next few years but OTHER PARENTS ARE MENTAL.

Look at you lot!

I look forward to receiving my membership to the “mine is better than yours” club.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Looks like the OP has deserted the place

wanmankylung
    Free Member

We would have taken him straight to hospital , not to the doctors first and when we were at the hospital they would have CAT scanned him straight away rather than trying to find out if he had been taking drugs , sniffing glue , had an allergic reaction to something and various other possibilities.

How do you know that they would have scanned him straight away? I’ve taken my kids to the sick kids hospital a couple of times after they had a bang to the head – no scans, despite being symptomatic.

hora
    Free Member

The amount of times our lad had a bruise on his head (ran into other child, fell off picnic table in nursery etc). With hindsight maybe we should have too but he wasn’t sick, listless or withdrawn etc so we just thought it was kids being kids.

wwaswas

How do you know that they would have scanned him straight away?

Just a guess but “because he’s been to court and all parties have agreed that at least 3 hours was lost due to the information not being known by the parents or medical staff”.

Give the guy a break – it sounds like they’ve had a shit time and had to go to court to get whatever help their son needs as a result of this incident. He shouldn’t have to run the gauntlet of the STW armchair lawyers and medics.

hora
    Free Member

Agree ^ my angle is how would the school (or me) know if its a simple fall. Sometimes things can develop. sometimes its just a headache. Hard to call (in general).

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 188 total)

The topic ‘I'm Furious! (Nursery content)’ is closed to new replies.