• This topic has 434 replies, 125 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 435 total)
  • I'm about to be screwed… the question is how hard? THC content content.
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Everyone’s on ‘spice’ now

I’m not! 😀

I just managed to get through an entire bottle of red on Sat night, on my own. 😳

fongsaiyuk
    Free Member

One idea floating around my head is to go along to the town hall and deregister and disappear from Germany.

offer up info on your dealers in exchange for a new id and a place on the witness protection scheme 😉

lesgrandepotato

Just how much of this old spice do I have to drink? all I feel is nauseous and slightly hairier.

Northwind

Spice still sounds like something from Brass Eye

MrSmith
    Free Member

Sting on Spice

Northwind

He who controls the spice controls the wing

Sandwich

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JgRgFfDNNY?t=20s[/video]

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Really? There’s been stuff about it on the news in recent months, it’s certainly no surprise to me.
    But also, why should I give a shit? It’s the responsibility of those in charge to stop the access to such things in prison.

Well I think you should give a shit, up to now at our place alone the record for ambulances/paramedics called in ONE day is 13, to attend prisoners whov’e gone under on NPS. Now give a shit or not, that’s a serious state of affairs is it not? & who’s in charge, any ideas?

spice is a very potent synthetic cannabinoid that until recently was legal to sell.

Drugs are regularly brought into prisons by a variety of methods – from someone “plugging” some ie concealing it in a body cavity and deliberately getting locked up ie having a warrant out for them and then presenting at a police station then going into jail and selling it / passing it to the boss to drone deliveries to throwing it over the fence to almost anything you can think of.

Nail, head.

It’s really REALLY stressful for prison staff, believe me. One minute you can be trying to save a life & the next he’s trying to gouge his (or your) eyes out. It’s already happenned, a prisoner in Yorkshire took his own eyes out, properly out, while on NPS.
    Can’t think of anyone doing that while using weed…

He who controls the spice controls the wing

& is the end of a very large purple bell.

bruneep

One idea floating around my head is to go along to the town hall and deregister and disappear from Germany.

Bravo! That says it all for me.

bearnecessities
    Free Member

Doesn’t say much more than the fact he’s feeling really scared, does it?

Cougar

Isn’t that one of the side effects? (-:

bearnecessities
    Free Member

🙂

I can’t say too much as typing on phone, but I am not defending in any way someone that gets behind the wheel of a vehicle, that isn’t capable to drive it.

The issue, IMO, is how that capability is determined/measured.

hora
    Free Member

Forget the rights and wrongs. THC is stored longterm in the body. In anyway doesn’t that concern you?

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’ve the perfect solution to being a heavy toker. Don’t get a license! 😆 Works for me anyhow!

Saying that though, I’ve been in cars many many times with people that are stoned. It’s absolutely nothing like drink driving. Not saying it’s correct either, but I don’t fear for my life..

alpin
    Free Member

Not paranoid…. Just scared of the potential cost and upset. But thinking about it now that my hangover has subsided, if the fine is that high then the authorities would come looking for me and if the fine is smaller then it’s probably not worth the hassle….

Will try and speak to a lawyer tomorrow.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’ve been in cars many many times with people that are stoned. It’s absolutely nothing like drink driving. Not saying it’s correct either, but I don’t fear for my life

TBH I hate this attitude of stoners – their drug somehow leaves them more able to be off their tits and drive.

the only thing prisons tell us about drug use is if we cannot stop it getting in there with all the controls in place – not a dig at staff at all- then we sure as hell wont stop it in wider society.

A mature debate is required and is not going to happen till the older generation who believe reefer madness is a documentary shuffle off.

Most prisons would rather have stoned folk than drunk folk

tjagain

I always remember the dutch cops reaction to drunk and rowdy english football fans – ” they will be fine once they get to the coffee shops” !

Cannabis smokers cause little harm to society.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

the only thing prisons tell us about drug use is if we cannot stop it getting in there with all the controls in place – not a dig at staff at all

All what controls? There’s no staff to control anything, simple fact.

Most prisons would rather have stoned folk than drunk folk

As long as theyr’e not stoned on NPS. (Hooch is rarer now except for at Xmas & New Year)

Cannabis smokers cause little harm to society.

Or prison staff/Ambulance staff, which is why I’d love to see it legal in my place of work!

seosamh77
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

TBH I hate this attitude of stoners – their drug somehow leaves them more able to be off their tits and drive.My experience is that is pretty much the case. It’s just not the same as drink driving so comparisons arent really helpful.

Tbh it must be a fairly easy thing to prove, must be stats about somewhere?

Junkyard
    Free Member

The evidence is – from memory when i did my degree

1. Cannabis impairs your performance on most tasks especially attention and co ordination
    2. the effect is less in habitual users – ie they are more used to it

3. I know nothing about alcohol and i agree its almost definitely less but that is not to say that most smokers i know have no t riven in a state when their driving was impaired – even if it was still ” good enough”

I went for actual research – its basically about 2 minutes worth

The researchers looked at 250 parameters of driving ability, but this paper focused on three in particular: weaving within the lane, the number of times the car left the lane, and the speed of the weaving. While alcohol had an effect on the number of times the car left the lane and the speed of the weaving, marijuana did not. Marijuana did show an increase in weaving. Drivers with blood concentrations of 13.1 ug/L THC, the psychoactive ingredient in cannabis, showed increase weaving that was similar to those with a .08 breath alcohol concentration, the legal limit in most states. For reference, 13.1 ug/L THC is more than twice the 5 ug/L numeric limit in Washington and Colorado.

http://time.com/3930541/marijuana-impact-driving/

ENT:
    We review and evaluate the current literature on cannabis’ effects on driving, highlighting the epidemiologic and experimental data. Epidemiologic data show that the risk of involvement in a motor vehicle accident (MVA) increases approximately 2-fold after cannabis smoking. The adjusted risk of driver culpability also increases substantially, particularly with increased blood THC concentrations. Studies that have used urine as the biological matrix have not shown an association between cannabis and crash risk. Experimental data show that drivers attempt to compensate by driving more slowly after smoking cannabis, but control deteriorates with increasing task complexity. Cannabis smoking increases lane weaving and impaired cognitive function. Critical-tracking tests, reaction times, divided-attention tasks, and lane-position variability all show cannabis-induced impairment. Despite purported tolerance in frequent smokers, complex tasks still show impairment. Combining cannabis with alcohol enhances impairment, especially lane weaving.
    SUMMARY:
    Differences in study designs frequently account for inconsistencies in results between studies. Participant-selection bias and confounding factors attenuate ostensible cannabis effects, but the association with MVA often retains significance. Evidence suggests recent smoking and/or blood THC concentrations 2-5 ng/mL are associated with substantial driving impairment, particularly in occasional smokers. Future cannabis-and-driving research should emphasize challenging tasks, such as divided attention, and include occasional and chronic daily cannabis smokers.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23220273

If you are asking me whether i would rather get in the car with someone really stoned or really pissed i pick really stoned. however i dont really want to get in the car with either or have either on the road.

tjagain

Nice data.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Curious how much of an impact a drivers emotions have on road safety…

Is a calm driver safer than an angry driver for example?

Del

meh

tjagain

Jive this is where we get into really difficult terrain. For example from what I have read stoned driving is similar to tired driving in terms of impairment. Angry drivers often do really dangerous things. I have seen people lose their temper and try to drive bikes off the road deliberately. What about people with poor vision? many of those on the roads.

Personally I’d like to see a lot mote traffic law enforcement and a zero tolerance policy towards any careless / reckless / dangerous driving

seosamh77
    Free Member

If you are asking me whether i would rather get in the car with someone really stoned or really pissed i pick really stoned. however i dont really want to get in the car with either or have either on the road.

I’m not asking either, I’m just curious about the sensible discussion, and your post is a great start to that.

Personally, like I say I have been in situations many of times with stoned drivers, so it interests me, as I do think it is different from drink driving. Not that I particularly condone it mind, personally, I wouldn’t do it, but I do think we should look at it differently. I’ve no license, and that’s alot to do with my fairly habitual use of cannabis over the last 20 odd years. I don’t touch it much these days, but that’s been a big factor in me never bothering to get a license. So personally I do tend towards the just don’t drive approach.

Is there any stats related to traffic accidents caused by stoned drivers that you know of?

alpin
    Free Member

Talk with lawyer at 5pm… 😐

captaincarbon
    Free Member

An old colleage recently hit a pedestrian and was regular cannabis user. Pedestrian lost a foot. There is ne excuse or justification. Ever.

Northwind

captaincarbon – Member

An old colleage recently hit a pedestrian and was regular cannabis user. Pedestrian lost a foot. There is ne excuse or justification. Ever.

Was it connected? Was he impaired while driving? I’m a driver and regular masturbator but unless i’m actually ****ing when I drive someone over it’s not that important.

(tbh I think I drive better when ****ing, I’m more relaxed)

(can’t believe ****ing is swear filtered! That’s ruined my poetic flow…)

yunki
    Free Member

There is ne excuse or justification. Ever.

I tend not to drive if I’ve ingested too much caffeine.. I don’t feel safe

IMO there is no excuse or justification for driving whilst under the influence of caffeine, and I imagine it’s use has been implicated in relatively many more rta’s than cannabis

so errrrr…. what point are you trying to make?

gobuchul
    Free Member

Seriously? Is that a joke or a troll?

PJ266
    Free Member

I once finished a cafetiere of strong coffee to myself at work, couldnt look at the screen or concentrate for about half an hour. Driving would have been…. interesting.

yunki
    Free Member

Seriously? Is that a joke or a troll?

Are you a joke or a troll?
    I’ve been pondering the question for quite some time….
    C’mon, which is it?

maccruiskeen

Is a calm driver safer than an angry driver for example?

We’re not emotionless robots. So unless we overcome our anxieties about self driving cars then the person in your car and the cars all around you will be human in all the best and worst senses.

The issue with impairment in relation to substance use and impairment relating to mood is your mood can change when circumstances demand it – you can stop being angry or relaxed when the circumstances unfolding in front of you demand it. If you get in a car with any substance based impairment then you can’t override that – you carry that impairment into every circumstance you might encounter on that trip. Thats why you can be prosecuted and penalised for driving with that impairment in the absence of any other accident or offence – because of that relinquishment of control

Pedestrian lost a foot.

Was it connected?

Not any more. for gods sake pay attention.

tjagain

So from Junkys links above cannabis and driving gives you a 2 fold increase in likelihood of crashing. However mobile phone use gives you 4 times the likelihood of crashing. So who here will admit to using their phone when driving? You are twice as impaired as a stoned driver.

Northwind

maccruiskeen – Member

Not any more. for gods sake pay attention.

I shall send round your certificate of “Winning STW, 16/8/2016”, forthwith

chestrockwell

Having spent a bit of time stoned when I was younger I think those suggesting driving whilst stoned is ok are idiots.

If you smoke so much of it that you feel it doesn’t affect you then you are smoking far too much. My brother is addicted to the stuff and it has caused him issues.

Why it has become almost socially acceptable is beyond me.

yunki
    Free Member

Can I just state for the record that I don’t under any circumstances drive while under the influence of cannabis..

I wouldn’t feel safe and besides, it’s very difficult to exercise proper control of a motor vehicle when I’m hiding in a bedroom cupboard with a tin foil hat on, worrying that ‘they’ are gonna kick my back doors in at any moment

I’m fairly certain that many people are perfectly capable of going about their daily lives with THC in their bloodstream though

tjagain

chestrockwall. Its not addictive. at all.

No one is condoning driving stoned – just exploring the questions around degrees of impairment and comparisons to other things that impair your driving as well as do the limits set reflect the actual impairment.

If you accept the english drink / drive limit is the right level of impairment for it no longer to be safe to drive – and at just under the limit you are impaired then for a similar level of impairment the cannabis drive limit appears set too low.

theotherjonv

So from Junkys links above cannabis and driving gives you a 2 fold increase in likelihood of crashing. However mobile phone use gives you 4 times the likelihood of crashing. So who here will admit to using their phone when driving? You are twice as impaired as a stoned driver.

What if you’re phoning your dealer to organise a purchase? Is that also 4x or 8x more likely?

Cougar

chestrockwall. Its not addictive. at all.

Whether or not it’s chemically addictive, it’s surely psychologically addictive?

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 435 total)

The topic ‘I'm about to be screwed… the question is how hard? THC content content.’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM