if your fed up of cyclists dying on our city streets and want to get involved:

Home Forum Bike Forum if your fed up of cyclists dying on our city streets and want to get involved:

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • if your fed up of cyclists dying on our city streets and want to get involved:
  • pennine

This subject comes up fairly regularly. As I work for a large distribution company with over 100 44 tonne artics perhaps I ought to try and setup some cyclist v lorry photos showing good and bad positioning. I commute a couple of times a week on mainly main roads heavy with commercial traffic. Generally, the heavies give me plenty of room, and on the otherhand, being a C+E holder, I know when to give them plenty of room too.
    I see quite a few cyclists who, imo, put themselves in danger by undertaking at the wrong place.
    I cringe when I see them creeping up the inside of trucks waiting to enter a roundabout. When clear the truck will move forward slightly and then sweep leftwards with the driver giving a glance to see where the backend of the trailer is. Once the unit turns, the driver looses his vision down the side. A cyclist below the line of his mirrors is now out of sight. Difficult to describe in print, but as mentioned by Crazy Legs, the driver can only look in one mirror at a time. Many more mirrors will only create more blind spots. Having said that, one death is too many.

There is an out of sight cyclist by the side of the cab door. He was riding faster than the truck so came up the inside. The driver was trying to pass between parked cars and a bollard.

qwerty

pennine – the more info the better in my opinion

this work has been done

kukuruza

Here has found yesterday streaming movies

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘if your fed up of cyclists dying on our city streets and want to get involved:’ is closed to new replies.