Home Forums Chat Forum If…you were a traffic cop, what car would you pull and why?

Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • If…you were a traffic cop, what car would you pull and why?
  • MoreCashThanDash

I have noticed a trend in the last few years amongst friends and others observed at pubs etc that is going back to the bad old days

It may be getting worse than it was, but no way is it as bad as the 70s and 80s, and certainly it isn’t accepted as widely as it was.

And again, a short term clamp down helps get the message across – as ever, lack of resources is the issue

alpin
    Free Member

pull over every car that smells heavily of cannabis.

Driving stoned is easy. You account for it. You’re aware of the high. It’s not like alcohol or cocaine where yor judgement is obscured by bravado.

TheFlyingOx

Driving stoned is easy. You account for it. You’re aware of the high.

I can 100% vouch for that not being the case. To my shame I once drove a girlfriend home from a party where we’d been smoking. It took me 2 hours to go from Frecheville to Totley and back because I could only concentrate on one thing at a time: either stay in the right lane or do the speed limit. Thankfully when I was concentrating on lane discipline my speed only dropped.

hooli

Anybody in the middle lane of the motorway when the inside lanes are empty.

timba
    Free Member

I’d sit just south of Edinburgh Royal Infirmary and pull over every car that smells heavily of cannabis.

We had a (police) car that smelled of cannabis every time you opened the boot, but couldn’t find it. Thinking someone had dropped an exhibit we put a handy drugs dog in who immediately jumped out, not bothered.

The theory was that on a hot day we could smell the hemp fibre used to make interior trim, parcel shelves, etc. The dog was a bit more discerning :)

ayjaydoubleyou

people who randomly tap the brakes on a motorway or dual carriageway. (without anything infront of them).

anyone who does that is high, drunk, distracted, or just so plain incompetent at motor vehicles that I reckon I’d easily find worn out tyres, lapsed MOT or something else to ruin those muppets’ days and make the rest of the road users a bit safer.

Also (while I’m well aware of the history of them and the modern response from emergency personel should an accident occur), anyone with a “baby on board” sign displayed while not actually transporting said infant. Make them throw the thing in the bushes then book them for littering.

smiffy

Lego numberplates.

MoreCashThanDash

Driving stoned is easy.

Obviously why it’s legal and actively encouraged then….

Cougar

And one of the houses had this immaculate white Range Rover parked out the front. Top end, all the blacked out windows, spotless alloys, little bling dust caps.

There may as well have been a big neon sign pointing to the house shouting “MR BIG DRUG DEALER LIVES HERE!”

There’s one of those near where I used to live in Accrington, the reg plate is something like W3EED.

Cougar

Also (while I’m well aware of the history of them and the modern response from emergency personel should an accident occur), anyone with a “baby on board” sign displayed while not actually transporting said infant.

Is the modern response “nothing different whatsoever”?

Baby On Board signs serve precisely one purpose and only ever have done so, which is to sell Baby On Board signs.

Daffy

Driving stoned is easy. You account for it. You’re aware of the high. It’s not like alcohol or cocaine where yor judgement is obscured by bravado.

Says the person who continually drives whilst stoned?  I’d imagine alcoholics might say the reverse?  Any time I’ve had the option of driving whilst having had a drink, I was VERY aware of the drink and chose NOT to drive.  In contrast, I’ve known more stoned people at gigs who believe they’re acting normally when they’re REALLY not than I have people who think they’re alright after drink.  IME most people who drink drive are quite aware they’re not 100%, but do it anyway.  Most people who drug drive BELIEVE they’re totally fine.

Cougar

I suppose the nature of many drugs is you get conditioned to it.  I wouldn’t drink and drive but also I wouldn’t think twice about driving after a lunchtime pint.  Conversely, on the vanishingly few times I’ve been stoned I wouldn’t trust myself to be in charge of my own shoes.

tonyf1
    Free Member

Anyone driving a Skoda as this would likely be the most exciting encounter they’ve  ever experienced.

MoreCashThanDash

Anyone driving a Skoda as this would likely be the most exciting encounter they’ve ever experienced.

Pull over anyone being Skoda-ist!

onehundredthidiot

I’d sit just south of Edinburgh Royal Infirmary and pull over every car that smells heavily of cannabis.

I used to ride in from Middleton and some days the stretch from sheriffhall to the eri was like a Cheech and chong film. The number of frigates making smoke aiming towards the eri was surprising.

tjagain

Driving stoned is easy.

Its been tested a good few times.  A deficit is very hard to show if the driver is concentrating

Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.