Home Forums Chat Forum If…you were a traffic cop, what car would you pull and why?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 136 total)
  • If…you were a traffic cop, what car would you pull and why?
    derek_starship
    Free Member

If I was TO Starship, I’d always be ready to tug these:

model 52

Why? Almost certainly missing some doc’s, lacking several aspects of roadworthiness and the driver is likely a functioning alcoholic who will blow 120+ at any time of day.

ElShalimo

I admire your honesty about your old car and drink problem

maccruiskeen

Doesn’t Northwind drive one of those?

matt_outandabout

Any T5 with a Hope or Santacruz sticker on the back. Just to see which forumite they are.

CountZero

I think the reason is self explanatory…

Sandwich

Whatever the modern equivalent of the older chocolate brown Allegro or beige Marina. Driven by those committing crime to avoid drawing too much attention to themselves.

derek_starship
    Free Member

@Sandwich – I think you’ll fins that’s a green Mondeo on a 52/54 plate!

a11y

Any car with a pops n bangs map.

Any car with a ‘chameleon’ windscreen tint.

Any car with excessive ‘stance’.

Any car with a shopping list on the side.

Any car with an excessively smoky remap.

And that’s just for starters.

simondbarnes

Whichever one that was breaking the law.

singletrackmind

Anybody delivering hot food.
    Mopeds and cars . Without fail piloted by people with scant regards to others and the speed limit, some of whom won’t have the correct insurance in place for delivering said hot food.

Closely followed by our Irish gentle travelling folk. If it’s a requirement for everyone else to have rfl , MOT ticket, valid licence and insurance then there’s no reason for them to be exempt. Using the highway with no intention of paying a penny towards it’s upkeep whilst it’s enabling their nefarious activities, book em Dano

oceanskipper

Do flatbed vans count?  Every single one that’s overloaded with washing machines/fridges/old bikes etc.

The ‘Why’ should be obvious.

aide

Audi’s (especially white ones) – just to see if their indicators do actually work

BigJohn

Blacked out windows and mucked about with number plates.  Driver wearing a hat.

And at the other end of the age spectrum, trilby or tissues on back shelf.

CountZero

And at the other end of the age spectrum, trilby or tissues on back shelf.

Been a long time since I saw one of those! And I fall into that age bracket, I’ll have you know! I won’t have anything on the ‘parcel shelf’ in my car, it’ll obscure too much of my view out the back window, and anything sliding around would drive me nuts! Any hats get chucked on the back seat.

Blacked out windows and mucked about with number plates.

Won’t argue with that.

ChrisL

maccruiskeen Full Member

He used to, but not for a few years now.

FB-ATB

@countzero riding buddy was a copper, he said that the car modders were most likely to be fully documented. They were aware of the attention their cars would get from BIB so made sure they were legit. Also they took pride in the cars so wouldn’t risk them being impounded.

FB-ATB

maccruiskeen Full Member
    He used to, but not for a few years now

done for driving uninsured?

fasthaggis

What car?

Regardless of the brand,any tailgaters would be top of the list,but in a strong second place would be E-MX riders ,like the one on a Surron that hooned past me and small dog on the river path this morning.

Their ride, along with their balaclava, would be fast tracked to the nearest crusher.

convert

Shift bingo….

By the end of the shift you need to have pulled over:-

• A left hander
    • A man in chinos
    • A woman in a miniskirt
    • Someone call Kevin (without cheating and using the system)
    • Someone with a chainsaw in the back.
    • A married man travelling with a lady who is not his wife.

Then let you car prejudices and your frustrated inner detective, that never got a chance so you are stuck bored out of your mind as a traffic cop, work their magic to pull the right cars.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’d pull the car that displayed probable cause. Profiling is just one of the many issues we have currently with the criminal justice system.

slowoldman

Using the highway with no intention of paying a penny towards it’s upkeep whilst it’s enabling their nefarious activities

Aye they don’t pay road tax do they?

but in a strong second place would be E-MX riders

First place for me, bloody dangerous scrotes. Late the other night I was about to pull out onto a main road after the car coming along it and luckily spotted a few yards behind it were two blacked out yoofs on a blacked out Sur Ron or equivalent wheeling along at great speed. It was a close call I tell you.

escrs
    Free Member

The one with tons of parcels on the back seat, parcel shelf and every other nook and kranie in the car, none of it secure and im betting thier insurance policy does not include business use

Always see them driving around with their rear screen and rear side windows blocked, didnt realise how bad it was until an Amazon delivery depot opened up on my commute route, riding to work has got considerably more dangerous!

theotherjonv

I’d say the ones that jump lights on very reddish amber, but that would be about every third car nowadays and there aren’t enough hours in the day.

Although just occasionally it works out

Tom83

Any car with “Powered by fairy dust” on it.

funkmasterp

Every Tesla until the owners get annoyed and buy a different car. I’d post every time on twitter and tag Elon in. The massive **** bag

supernova

Anyone with a 3D number plate. It’s the minimum punishment you deserve for your lack of taste.

ton

any car that is too big for a typical british road…………….. or a **** car as i call them.

any type of pick up truck, and range rovers or copies of this, most SUV things.

basically any vehicle drive by a selfish ****……..  who could most possibly be driving a normal saloon car.

wbo
    Free Member

Trades vans as according to the thread on here they all have a basic diet of coke and weed.  Stop em every day at 5 or so..

RustySpanner

Any Audi or BMW.

Six years of motorway commuting and I can guarantee that they are the only makes that usually drive like entitled ****.

singletrackmind

I drive a BMW . With blacked out windows.
    Looks like I’m due to get my collar felt by the stw driving standards authority very soon.

ThePinkster

along with their balaclava, would be fast tracked to the nearest crusher.

Do they have to take it off first?

timbur
    Free Member

I drive a big 4×4 with tinted rear windows. Lock me up.

(It’s 20yo and tows a trailer most of the time however still lock me up)

:o)

crazy-legs

Mobile phone users.

During whatever the last football tournament was (Euro 24? – don’t know, don’t care), I was behind some guy who had his phone on landscape mode on his dashboard with the match on it! I could see it through his rear window.

He’d have been pulled over immediately and then the phone smashed repeatedly against his head.

mattyfez

Mobile phone users.

Yeah the police should start using un-marked transit vans or something to catch phone users from the more elevated position, it would be like shooting fish in a barrel…

andy8442
    Free Member

All Audi A3 S3’s. You just know they are stolen and up to no good.

binners

Anyone in a baseball cap. Pete Docherty was right

Oh… and people in pork pie hats. In case it’s Pete Docherty. He’s bound to be off his nut .

birky
    Free Member

Golf mk4, usually black, diesel, remapped, loud exhaust, plumes of soot = dope smoker

Same applies to Fabia mk1 Vrs.

db
    Free Member

The white fiesta who did an amazing overtake across double white lines earlier. Sometimes I wish I was in police car.

scuttler

Second 3D number plates.

Cougar

the older chocolate brown Allegro

That would be Russet Brown.

mucked about with number plates.

I’ve never understood why they don’t get pulled every 100 yards.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.