Home Forums Chat Forum If you got a tic…

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • If you got a tic…
  • irc

“Seriously. You can do alot of ecological damage to some incredible fragile systems tramping that shit through the countryside.”

Seriously? I’m not putting it in a crop sprayer. It’s dried onto the fabric so only limited amounts will come off. A few walkers on an island the size of Jura?  You couldn’t even measure any effect on the environment. Use a legal and  effective clothing treatment or risk Lyme disease? I’ll go with the spray. A  landscape poisoned by one careless walker…….

cruib

Poopscoop

You bend over and get on with it…

Good advice for many situations in life.

theotherjonv

The tick had buried itself quite deeply among some quite delicate folds. Needless to say, gloves and head torch were required.

Were you tempted to say everything twice for effect……for effect….for effect

joshvegas
    Free Member

A landscape poisoned by one careless walker…….

Ah right. So only you are to use it and it wasn’t a recommendation?

Its not a deterrent it just kills anything it touches. If you are running about in bracken its just as likely to land on your top half and work its way in.

And a puddle is an ecosystem and permethrin is water soluble.

So yes very much a dick move on your part.

montgomery
    Free Member

Can you point us in the direction of any reading on this? Interested to quantify the effects.

irc

A dick move recommended by Lyme Disease UK. I,m happy that any risk to the environment is outweighed by the benefits to me. I’ll carry on using it where appropriate. Next time on Jura for sure.

Tick Bite Prevention

irc

The NHS also suggests using permethrin on clothing

https://fitfortravel.nhs.uk/advice/malaria/mosquito-bite-avoidance

lovewookie

out in north wales in the mid 90’s I managed to pick up some ticks. back then I didn’t really know much about them, but, while sat on the plastic throne of the static caravan in Porthmadog, there they were, looking up at me from my nethers. worst BJ ever.

so best to keep the old bush trim so they have no place to hide.

MoreCashThanDash

so best to keep the old bush trim so they have no place to hide.

Username checks out

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.