Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • If you could go back in time what would you tell your 10 year old self?
  • singletrackmind

Actually. I would tell 10 year old me .
    You know how you like building dams , forts , finding out how things work etc
    Forget academics, put up with the bullies and learn to be a builder. Get a basic qualification in plumbing and electrics .
    You will never be out of work and will be able to earn more money than most people.

kennyp
    Free Member

Dear young me,

You know that Canadian prog rock trio that you’re really into? Well 48 years later they’ll still be your favourite band. Sadly though they never get to be cool. And neither do you.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Girls aren’t scary, they are actually quite nice.

Do a wider range of hobbies and clubs, especially when young and when at university. You’ll not get your chance to try things as cheaply as you very older and you’ll meet more fun people.

Work is boring so go for a high paying career.

Coyote
    Free Member

Thought of another one. Your parents aren’t always right, think for yourself and not how they tell you.

Kramer
    Free Member

Don’t be the guy who’s in the bar/club every night, be the guy who’s in there occasionally when it’s worth it.

Do something new every month even if it’s only small.

If you’re wondering whether to kiss her, then kiss her.

Some things are the most fun the first time, then never quite as good again, others get more fun the more you do them. Concentrate your energy on the second.

Make a budget and get your finances under control, start saving a bit now.

The reason that you’re not as good at sport as the rest is because most of them are older than you.

Kramer
    Free Member

Oh, and “just be yourself” means work out the things that you want to do, and let other people come along for the ride, don’t try and do things because you think others will be impressed by them.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Stick a small sum away in savings and a small sum into a pension right from the off…. but not too much,  spend some on fun too.

Kramer
    Free Member

Wear ear plugs at raves and gigs.

Harry_the_Spider

When you are 18 and you slam your mum’s 3 week old car into reverse in a darkened car park so that you take off like a ****ed cat, in order to bang your drunken mate’s head on the dashboard. DON’T!

There is a pay and display machine behind you lurking in the darkness and the tariff board will try and slice the car in half like something out of Laurel and Hardy.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Nothing original, it seems.

Mine bitcoin / buy yahoo / buy apple / buy a flippin big house on a 0% deposit crazy mortgage.

Don’t hang around with crap mates.

Hard pass on Louise*

*not actually called Louise of course, but this is STW.

funkmasterp

Make a budget and get your finances under control, start saving a bit now.

At ten? 😂

Aidy
    Free Member

Yeah, this whole thread seems to be either stuff you could find in a fortune cookie, or stuff a 10 year old just isn’t going to remember after the 10-20 years it’s going to take to become relevant.

johnx2
    Free Member

I wish I’d listened to what my dad told me when I was ten. But I didn’t so I’ll never know what it was. Chances of ten year old me listening to ancient me are zero

Harry_the_Spider

Yeah, this whole thread seems to be either stuff you could find in a fortune cookie, or stuff a 10 year old just isn’t going to remember after the 10-20 years it’s going to take to become relevant.

Good job that nobody has invented a time displacement machine then eh?

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.