Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 141 total)
  • If there was a 2nd Brexit referendum, what could the question actually be?
  • chewkw
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member

Nahh … we are still on deciding on whether to decide on second round referendum …

I disagree. 😉 [/quote] 😆 Are you trying to disagree on disagreeing with what has been disagreed or are you disagreeing on whether to disagree on deciding on whether to deciding on second referendum? :mrgreen:

P/s: just a technicality … the referendum in 1971
    was the first one (In) so this is the second one (Out) … ok the 3rd one etc … No, no 3rd referendum on the same issue. 😛

flap_jack
    Free Member

Your opinion was noted

Excellent.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Healey, Heath etc actually saw action, as did my parents. All IN.

Well, as absolutely nothing has changed since then, we should clearly just carry on as is.

fasthaggis

edit – Shouldn’t post what I really think..

Boy

It make-a me sick
    Just to make-a lousy bucks
    Got to feel-a like a fool
    And-a mama used to say all-a time:
    What’s-a matter you? Hey! Gotta no respect
    What-a you t’ink you do? Why you look-a so sad?
    It’s-a not so bad
    Brexit’s-a nice-a place
    Ah
    Shaddap-a you face!

flap_jack
    Free Member

Well, as absolutely nothing has changed since then, we should clearly just carry on as is.

The intention was to bind the governments together such that there would be no more war in Europe.

I hope your optimism is justified and that my pessimism is wrong.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Without our civilizing influence those savages will be stuffing each other in ovens the minute we leave. 😯

Or not.

rone

Vote with your wallet.

If you believe this is still a goer please stick a tenner in an envelope and that should cover the cost of some of the mess.

However it’s a fiver to stay in.

This would test the credibility of the leave vote.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@flap – I need to dig out a copy of the ’75 leaflet which states something like “the EEC is only about trade not political union”

Best so fat @loum

Yes or no, Should public referendum results be ignored by elected government?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Yes or no, Should public referendum results be ignored by elected government?

Yes or no, should elected government act in the best interest of the nation?

ninfan
    Free Member

Yes or no, should elected government act in the best interest of the nation?

Who decides what’s in the best interest of the nation though

RichPenny
    Free Member

I do.

Northwind

“Now that you know what it’ll actually be like, you can’t seriously want Brexit, can you? Yes/No PS If you vote Remain this time maybe Tony Blair will stay dead”

epicyclo

b r – Member
    Rather than it getting lost in the monster Brexit post, if there was a 2nd referendum what could the Yes/No question actually be?

“Should we hang Boris and Nigel by the left testicle or the right”

or

“Should we hang Boris and Nigel by the right testicle or the left”

ninfan
    Free Member

You might have a problem with Nigel there…

flashinthepan
    Free Member

I suggest Rock/Paper/Scissors between May & Farage. Or an IQ test to be allowed to vote, or…. I don’t know what.

That we’ve allowed bigoted, small minded f***wits to decide our nation’s future just beggars belief. Let it be forever known as ‘Cameron’s Folly’.

I’ve 16 year old twins and they cannot believe their future has been compromised by 65 year old retired Daily Mail readers

newrobdob
    Free Member

I voted in first time.

If they did another one I’d probably vote out, even if I was poorer as a result. Couldn’t care less about immigration stuff, not something I worry about.

theotherjonv

what has changed for you since to make that change?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Zippy, too little too late. The rime for pro EU campaigns was 2015-16, from when we knew there would be a Referendum to the vote

Nipper99
    Free Member

You may have some difficulty in hanging Farage by his left testicle so right one only.

zippykona

It’s never too late.
    The future awaits those with open minds and a willingness to create rather than destroy.
    Look at the map you are European. Embrace all that it offers.
    Don’t lock yourself away in the darkness come and join the party.
    All are welcome.

epicyclo

Nipper99 – Member
    You may have some difficulty in hanging Farage by his left testicle so right one only.

Obviously I do not have a close personal relationship with him. 🙂

enfht
    Free Member

And those that actually fought for the country voted IN.

The original vote was solely for trade, not the country’s governance and control. And those same folk in the 70’s who fought to keep the country would therefore understand this fundamental difference even if your ilk don’t.

kimbers

I’ve 16 year old twins and they cannot believe their future has been compromised by 65 year old retired Daily Mail readers

This is the real tragedy in all this, I’ve got 6month old twins and can’t believe that their own grandparents have **** them over.

kerley
    Free Member

This is the real tragedy in all this, I’ve got 6month old twins and can’t believe that their own grandparents have **** them over.

One of my aunts voted leave to make life better for her grand children.

It’s alright, I don’t talk to her anymore.

Nipper99
    Free Member

You would have to let 16 year olds vote.

jambalaya
    Free Member

As you well know alternative optimistic views of the future exist. We are economically far better off outside the EU than in it imo

ninfan
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

ok at the map you are European. Embrace all that it offers.
    Don’t lock yourself away in the darkness come and join the party.
    All are welcome.

Europe yes, EU no. That was a Leave Campaign tagline. I love Europe, however I absolutely don’t want to be in a political union with it. As you probably know my second wife is French, I spend a lot of time in France. Always have. I have never wanted anything more than an economic relationship with the country.

Junkyard
    Free Member

As you well know alternative optimistic views of the future exist

they do unfortunately they have no factual basis in reality and they are espoused ONLY by those who put their personal politics before the facts
    No one neutral is suggesting we will thrive in a post Brexit world only those who want it are still explaining to us how everyone will suffer but us

Even you accept all other EU countries will lose out we just need you to accept we will as well

Sandwich

We are economically far better off outside the EU than in it imo

Facts to support this please, otherwise it’s just opinion. As the Captain pointed out above opinions are worthless.

For the avoidance of doubt facts from a non-biased source, properly checked not your interpretation of them.

cchris2lou

Can we keep it to one thread? Same arguments by same people.

br
    Free Member

Brunettes are more attractive than blondes IMO 🙂

cranberry
    Free Member

Her majesty’s government wishes to ask:

Are you still here and if so, do you need some help booking the removers ?

http://www.the-eurogroup.com/

chewkw
    Free Member

This thread needs to be merged with the other “EU Referendum – are you in or out?” thread because the issue is the same.

oldnpastit

Jamby – member

(a) If we can retain access to the single market, so that large swathes of industry and services are not destroyed overnight.

*or*

(b) If we can do super-awesome trade deals with loads of other countries to take up the slack, without being shafted, and in time to prevent large swathes of industry and services being destroyed overnight.

(a) assumes that the European Union won’t decide that this is an existential threat.

(b) assumes that our civil servants charged with doing this are up to the job. I know someone in the DTI, and by all accounts, even the good ones are ground down into submission by a vast bureaucracy which mainly exists to stop ministers doing anything. I would not be hopeful.

Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Surely it should be “are you so bloody stupid to forget that you have done this before?”
    Hilarious that those who wanted to stay are playing spoiled brats and want another go. If its out again would you want best of 3? Same with the Scots. Soon sorts out the selfish from the rest doesn’t it?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Do you have any evidence to the contrary?[/quote]
    That’s the fun part. Nobody has a clue how it’ll turn out.

My bet is it’ll be very dull and nothing much changes.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Pointless discussion really isn’t it? It’s those who think that we might financially gain by staying but cannot actually prove it for another hundred years against those who are more interested in a less crowded country. Bit like “do you want custard or Abba?”

RichPenny
    Free Member

This a great thread, full of possibilities 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘If there was a 2nd Brexit referendum, what could the question actually be?’ is closed to new replies.