Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 130 total)
  • If I ruled the world I would ban……
  • captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Can I add in those that WON! at ebay and paid for stuff you know like normal shopping

What’s wrong with winning an auction?

Why?!? I think the young lady in them is lovely, especially when she wiggles through the imaginary wall Although she does need to work on her imaginary eye-movement sweeping echnique

Internet ads not TV.
    Emma Leth, lovely.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Professional Sport (especially football)

redstripe
    Free Member

Shaun Keaveny

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

tenfoot – Member
    The idiot over the road who lets his motorbike idle for 10 minutes before zooming off up the road.

(is there a technical reason for this?)

POSTED 4 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Yes there is. Bike engines need to be up to temperature (usually c.40degC minimum) before use. I always let mine tick over until it’s warm enough to use. My bikes are toys though so only used at weekends – I can see if you’re commuting and starting your bike at 6.00am every morning it could grate with the neighbours.

thepurist

Anyone reporting facts about what might (or might not) happen if we leave or stay in the EU when the likelihood is that reality will be different to whatever they are claiming.

6 Music the day or 2 after any “event” in the music world. I’ve heard enough radiohead to last me a lifetime.

And on that note, bands that seemingly get acclaim for doing more or less what TalkTalk were doing years ago.

andytherocketeer

people that don’t use pay at pump, and go inside and pay by card

and pump the last quid’s worth really really slowly to get it to a nice round £xx.00 and still pay by card (and most likely overshoot by 1p)

tenfoot

tenfoot – Member
    The idiot over the road who lets his motorbike idle for 10 minutes before zooming off up the road.

(is there a technical reason for this?)

POSTED 4 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Yes there is. Bike engines need to be up to temperature (usually c.40degC minimum) before use. I always let mine tick over until it’s warm enough to use. My bikes are toys though so only used at weekends – I can see if you’re commuting and starting your bike at 6.00am every morning it could grate with the neighbours.

OK thanks – I take my nomination back.

In that case, I ban people who don’t do their research properly before banning something.

slowoldman

Breaks
    Stantions

Cougar

Bike engines need to be up to temperature

But you can achieve the same result by not riding it like you stole it for the first 30 seconds after you swing your leg over it.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

people that don’t use pay at pump, and go inside and pay by card

Even those of us with fuel cards? 🙁
    Or those of us that like to keep people in employment? 😥

In that case, I ban people who don’t do their research properly before banning something.

And this. 😀

thepurist

Pay at pump machines that don’t accept all valid forms of payment.

Fuel payment card companies that don’t make their products compatible with pay at pump machines.

thepurist

And late afternoon appointments for fasting blood tests. I’m already hungry!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Tannerite – for the sake of our American Cousins, for those not aware of it, it’s a product specifically sold as an explosive which is detonated by shooting it with a gun. Many people have been wounded by doing that sort of thing – and really, when I think about it – the person who wants to use an explosive that is detonated by shooting with a gun, is the last person I’d want having explosive which is detonated by shooting with a gun.

The appropriation of public assets by private individuals – from small scale stuff like the street over road from my office having their road classified as “for access only” despite the fact it’s a dead end, making it a defacto private road, but public owned and maintained to a local village trying to have their roads classified as non through roads to stop commuters using them because it gets busy in the morning – sorry, but you knew that when you moved in, they’re not your roads! Like the guy who thinks the pavement outside his house belongs to him all the way up to George Osborne selling the first group of Royal Mail shares to his mates at a knockdown price and now trying to sell of RBS for half it’s value to make it look like hes reducing the deficit.

Tea and Coffee, because it means every workplace must have it’s own mini chemistry set to make the stuff constantly and it’s always a huge mess which is somehow acceptable, but mostly because of the way people look at you like you’ve just said you sacrifice kittens at the weekend if you let slip you don’t drink the horrible crap.

Tax Havens and ineffective tax legislation which doesn’t let it happen by mistake, but rather is carefully constructed to only allow the very wealthy to make use of them.

Caravans to save their owners from themselves – “oh I know it cost £20k, but I can go on holiday whenever I like for free!” Well Son, there isn’t an armed guard outside my house stopping me setting off to shit in a plastic bucket in a field whenever I want and £20k buys a lot of actually nice holidays.

Taxis using Bus Lanes, they’re supposed to be for public transport and environmentally friendly vehicles like Bicycles – not PRIVATE hire cars, which unless no one has notices are CARS, but unlike normal cars make every trip twice.

5thElefant
    Free Member

The lack of availability of tannerite in this country.

I have a mole problem. It’s the obvious solution.

jonm81

All on street parking. If you want to own a car buy/rent a house with a driveway and stop dumping cars everywhere so that no-one can now get down the streets or pavements.

allan23
    Free Member

People complaining on Facebook about testing children and using “carnt” in the post. If they were cyclists then they’d probably have a problem with breaks as someone pointed out above.

Not usually a fan of banning stuff, misrepresentation really boils my piss. From political misuse of statistics, to news media only reporting the bits that make an exciting story, and on to “Share This” fake posts on social media.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

STW moderators who ‘correct’ people! In fact all moderators, this place should be a free for all which would make it really interesting. 😉

mintimperial

Cars.

egb81
    Free Member

Standing in queues and failing to prepare for the simple task at the end of it; e.g getting your card/bags out to pay for stuff in shops or, worst of all, airport security checks. If you fail to empty your pockets of metal and take your laptop and toiletries out before the front of the queue then you should have your passport burned.

Cougar

I have a mole problem. It’s the obvious solution.

Can’t you just get some cream for that?

STW moderators who ‘correct’ people! In fact all moderators, this place should be a free for all which would make it really interesting.

You’re banned. And Mlehworld is thataway. ->

DrP

People posting pictures of their kids on facebook with the sole text of “luv my kidzzz” or “love this Boi” etc etc.

I get it – you love your kids, as I love mine.

By all means put a picture of them doing something funny or cute:
    “Zacharia just found the toilet-bloo, look at his blue face, Lolz” etc etc,
    But save the:
    “This is my child. I love it” sentiment..

DrP

montarius
    Free Member

People over the age of 25 wearing converse shoes

BillOddie

Domestic Cats that are allowed outside, vicious pointless little buggers that kill wildlife for fun. (Alternative – we should be allowed to hunt them for sport)

People who say pacific but mean specific.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

What would sir recommend for casual usage then? Surely Converse are just a canvas shoe so not quite sure why they would have an age limit of 25.

I’m 38 and wear Nike SB, so what the **** do I know….

trailhound101

In 2014, 1,174 peope were killed and 22,807 wre seriously injured on UK roads. If this were due to dodgy medicines, poor health care practice, firearms or anything else there would be a public outcry!
    Can we ban cars please.
    (Also gets rid of air pollution, paving over great swathes of the countryside, turning our urban areas into hostile unfriendly places, the noise, etc etc etc).

And ban ‘Round Britain Quiz’ too – pretentious twaddle of the worst order!

PJM1974
    Free Member

Corporate lobbying – the CEO of any organisation and any MP found flouting this rule would be sentenced to a lengthy spell breaking rocks on an uninhabited island off the coast of Scotland
    Career politicians – see above
    Dog poo
    Strictly
    Rail companies from raising fares

neilthewheel

runners who jog on the spot when they’re waiting to cross the road.

Companies that charge like £50 for a pair of canvas plimsolls that have been knocked up in a sweat shop for about 5 1/2 p.

yunki
    Free Member

Malcolm

People who walk down the road staring at their mobile phones instead of looking where they are going.

Cougar

People who give the slightest of shits as to what footwear someone else is wearing.

allan23
    Free Member

In 2014, 1,174 peope were killed and 22,807 wre seriously injured on UK roads. If this were due to dodgy medicines, poor health care practice, firearms or anything else there would be a public outcry!
    Can we ban cars please.

6000 people die as a result of an accident in the home every year according to RoSPA. By that argument there should be an outcry about people living in homes, they’re more dangerous than the roads.

That’s why I’d ban statistics.

(BTW: I kind of agree about cars, wouldn’t ban them, I’d just get someone to develop black box technology that revokes your licence if you only do journeys under a few miles.)

andytherocketeer

Would have to ban beds. More people die there than anywhere else.

Ban cars, but then they’d be replaced by shed load more delivery trucks instead. Including those needed to deliver bikes to bike stores. Unless you walk to Lowestoft or Southampton and collect them from a container that’s just come from Taiwan.

gonzy
    Free Member

ban Hora from buying any more bikes
    ban Binners from Greggs
    ban Katie Hopkins from breathing..but only after she’s run down Regent Street naked with a sausage up her ar$e

PJM1974
    Free Member

Oh and I’d have anyone who decides that we need a new axle/wheel/fork steerer/bottom bracket standard taken outside, liberally sandpapered and then showered with aftershave.

ThePinkster

Ban cars, but then they’d be replaced by shed load more delivery trucks instead. Including those needed to deliver bikes to bike stores. Unless you walk to Lowestoft or Southampton and collect them from a container that’s just come from Taiwan.

Or they could use trains. That’d be a novel idea.

They could even use the M6 to build HS2, thus saving a shed load of money and no further damage to the countryside…

5thElefant
    Free Member

Trains. Or London (then I wouldn’t have to suffer trains).

branwell
    Free Member

Lazy able bodied gits parking in disabled parking spaces.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Pulled pork*

Pan-fried

Hand cut/scored

Naturalistic fallacy

I had pulled lamb the other day, it was nice, but it was just lamb

Edit: brown pasta

fingerbike
    Free Member

Doorless fridges in shops.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘If I ruled the world I would ban……’ is closed to new replies.