Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Idris Elba – Anyone suffer?
  • colournoise

Much as Luther is a cool thing and he’s clearly a talented guy, he’s bloody everywhere at the moment…

colournoise

Arse. Wrong forum.

firestarter
    Free Member

After watching the wire he can do no wrong

iain1775
    Free Member

Arse. Wrong forum.

He’s everywhere but the right forum 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

Firestarter +1

core

He can’t drive for shit, specifically, can’t rally drive, at all.

He always just seems to be trying too hard, at well, everything to me, being cool in particular though. Can’t abide him.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

He always just seems to be trying too hard, at well, everything to me, being cool in particular though. Can’t abide him.

I thought he probably was cool; didn’t really know who he was though (just word of mouth). THen I saw him on the Jonathan Ross program and that’s the kind of impression I got

mildred

He can’t drive for shit, specifically, can’t rally drive, at all.

This.

I saw that car programme too, it was just awful.

twistedpencil

S’all in the game

RustySpanner

No.
    I had a terrible case of Michael Foot once though.

kudos100
    Free Member

After watching the wire he can do no wrong

I’ve watched a few interviews and he is a bit try hard, but damn the man can act. I had no idea he was English when I was watching the wire, his accent was so good.

colournoise

Rusty Spanner – Member
    No.
    I had a terrible case of Michael Foot once though.

Woohoo!

Northwind

I see he’s being rumoured for Roland in the ever-delayed Dark Tower movie. That’ll make some people’s heads explode.

jamsie
    Free Member
    ashfanman
    Free Member

I see he’s being rumoured for Roland in the ever-delayed Dark Tower movie. That’ll make some people’s heads explode.

I actually think he’d make a decent Roland. (And McConaughey as the Man in Black? What a cast!) But it will be interesting to see how they then handle the racial elements of the Detta storyline…

That said, the whole project will probably just fall apart and it will resurface in another five years with a new studio, director and cast.

egb81
    Free Member

He peaked too early with the Wire. Once you’ve been an integral part of one of the greatest TV shows ever made it’s mostly downhill from there. Same goes for Dominic West.

kayla1
    Free Member

Ro-land?

jimster01

Much as Luther is a cool thing and he’s clearly a talented guy

The trouble I had with Luther was I couldn’t hear half the time – he just seemed to mumble.

Houns

Enjoyed him djying at Glastonbury

binners

I like his cookery shows. Was that what he got his OBE for?

AlexSimon

That’s Lenny Henry you idiot!

perchypanther
    Free Member

There are some terrible afflictions in the world….

firestarter
    Free Member

Sorry for thread resurrection but if you haven’t already then watch Netflix flimsy beasts of no nation with him in it very very good

pondo

I saw that car programme too, it was just awful.

“Idris Elba: King Of Speed”? Genuinely dire – that’s the only thing I’ve ever seen him in, and it’s coloured my judgement somewhat – maybe I better watch him in something else.

firestarter
    Free Member

Watch the wire, best TV ever

stever
    Free Member

Try rest and anti-inflammatories.
    Usually settles down in a week or so.

D0NK

whoosh

He peaked too early with the Wire. Once you’ve been an integral part of one of the greatest TV shows ever made it’s mostly downhill from there.

Luther series one, last 2 episodes was some of the best telly I’ve ever seen. (but yeah wire was great too)

dmorts

Got the Luther 1-3 boxset for Christmas, up to episode 3 of series 1.

I’m just not getting into it and I think it’s quite poor, not far off being farcical.

Crime happens. Luther says it’s him/her for sho. Alice calls. “Back off Alice!” Perpetrator elusive and only Luther knows how catch them. Alice visits either Luther’s wife or her new lover. “I said back off Alice!”. Entrapment. Perpetrator caught. Everyone ‘appy.

Clobber
    Free Member

Firestarter +1

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I’ve just watched the box set of Luther back to back, having never seen all of the episodes before. He is a good actor and Luther is a good character, but there are some serious shortcuts in the plot line at times.

None the less I am now reading The Dark Tower series and loving it.

jon1973
    Free Member

whoosh

Whoosh

dmorts

I’ve just watched the box set of Luther back to back…..there are some serious shortcuts in the plot line at times.

I think this is exactly the issue I have, why do they have a new crime every episode? It makes the plots very thin and the Alice storyline is baffling so far

nickewen
    Free Member

I suffer.. Watched him in the Wire and he was class and thought Luther was okay. But, when I watched him in that car programme he came across really badly – couldn’t take instructions and was a fairly shite driver. I’m sure at one point the young rally driver lad said something like “you need to listen or you’ll crash”. I think he may have binned it shortly after this..

AlexSimon

Thanks for the defence Jon 😉

This

JulianA
    Free Member

Tried walking up that flipping mountain once. Much too much like hard work.

outlash
    Free Member

I went to the same school as him (year above me though) so AFAIC it’s nice to see him doing so well.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I like his ginger beer.

Seriously I hate how he’s forced upon us as cool. On R6 soon, I’ll not be tuning in.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I like his ginger beer.

Seriously I hate how he’s forced upon us as cool. On R6 soon, I’ll not be tuning in.

dmorts

Finished Series 1 of Luther and watched the first episode of Series 2. I didn’t think it could get any worse….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Idris Elba – Anyone suffer?’ is closed to new replies.