Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 101 total)
  • Idiot’s guide to vaccination (Covid)
  • stevextc
    Free Member

From my seat at the back of the cheap seats the vaccination schedule/guide seems increasingly confusing.

There seem to be multiple paths to vaccination and a very random element and no apparent tie in between different routes..

Again from the cheap seats perspective it seems that there is an increasing pressure to mix vaccines and that the positives and negatives of this are too complex for someone of my limited intellectual ability and access to real data.

It seems to me (purely through uneducated guesswork) the more they mix and match and go against the manufacturers guidelines and what has been tested the higher the risks.

I got a text linked to the GP service in Feb and had a AZ jab. After which nothing.. seems to be a black hole???

OH went to book in just on the NHS site and got not only a date but also the 2nd vaccine date but then got a completely separate ? text through the GP and booked locally instead but without a second vaccine date.

Do I just wait .. how long? Did OH make a mistake rebooking locally or using the text invite?
    If I wait and get given a different vaccine is that likely to be good/bad? Will the second vaccine (if it ever happens) be randomly selected or will it take into account the first vaccine?

nbt

If you book through NHS site they make you book both dates when you set it up. GP organise two appointments separately.

As I understand it, you are likely to get the same vaccine in both appointments *unless* you sign up to the NHS scheme saying you;re happy to be part of the Covid Vaccine Research Studies (I’ve signed up for this, had my forst vaccine yesterday, the Moderna)

If you had your first vaccine in February then your second will be due, I would suggest contacting your GP to check

BadlyWiredDog

It seems to me (purely through uneducated guesswork) the more they mix and match and go against the manufacturers guidelines and what has been tested the higher the risks.

They’re not mixing vaccines. There’s a trial aimed at evaluating the results of using two different jabs, but currently if you get AZ first jab, you get AZ second. And so on. You will get the same vaccine that you received initially.

On the booking front, the national and local systems work differently. If you book on the national system, you have to book both appointments in one go. At local level you seem to book the first initially then make a separate booking for the second jab when you’re contacted again. Or at least that’s how I understand it. HTH

thepurist

As nbt says, it’s two parallel systems. When we checked the NHS site wasn’t offering jabs at the local centre that the GP was covering. At our 1st jab we were told that they weren’t booking 2nd doses as they were ahead of schedule so didn’t see the point in people waiting 12 weeks if they had capacity to call us back in after 8 or 9.

Murray

Sorry the process has screwed up for you. I booked on the NHS site and have an appointment for my second jab at the same centre. My wife got hers via the GP (enhanced risk) – not sure whether she has the second appointment booked.

Mixing vaccines – guidance is still that you should get the same one as the first although in exceptional circumstances it’s permitted to use a different one. Vaccines for other diseases are often mixed to improve coverage so personally I wouldn’t have a problem with mixing. I suspect that annual boosters will mean that we’ll all end up with a mix in the end.

There are trials underway for mixes – link

Yak

As above, if you got texted for the first, you will be texted again to arrange the 2nd and it will be the same type as the first. I was just told all this as I have recently had my first. 12weeks would get you into May so you aren’t overdue I think.

stevextc
    Free Member

12weeks would get you into May so you aren’t overdue I think.

Good to know… I was wondering if I’d got missed or should “do something” as opposed to wait.

it’s two parallel systems

Thanks for all the confirmation … this was probably what confused me most.

If you had your first vaccine in February then your second will be due, I would suggest contacting your GP to check

Only problem is I’m currently looking after my mum a long way away plus the text wasn’t FROM the GP but on behalf of.

They’re not mixing vaccines. There’s a trial aimed at evaluating the results of using two different jabs, but currently if you get AZ first jab, you get AZ second. And so on. You will get the same vaccine that you received initially.

The impression I got from the first one was that is was randomly selected and they didn’t tell you which one until you arrived and allocated a vaccine… (not that I asked TBH) but when I arrived we were told which vaccine we would get that day and I assume everyone else got the same (but obviously as you couldn’t talk to anyone else being spaced out I don’t really know that was just an assumption).

As I’m looking after my mum I’d like to be as safe as possible in terms of possibly transmitting the virus to her or being ill and not being able to look after her.

footflaps

The impression I got from the first one was that is was randomly selected and they didn’t tell you which one until you arrived and allocated a vaccine… (not that I asked TBH) but when I arrived we were told which vaccine we would get that day and I assume everyone else got the same (but obviously as you couldn’t talk to anyone else being spaced out I don’t really know that was just an assumption).

The GP surgery will only be dispensing one vaccine type and they will make sure you get the same type for your second jab.

Greybeard
    Free Member

I booked through the NHS site, and my second appointment was made at the same time, 11 weeks after the first. The objective is ‘within 12 weeks’ so I assumed that was to allow a bit of leeway in case of supply problems, while still allowing as many people as practical to get their first dose.

If you booked through a GP the scheduling is more dynamic so more flexible.

stevextc
    Free Member

The GP surgery will only be dispensing one vaccine type and they will make sure you get the same type for your second jab.

As far as I could tell the only GP’s surgery involvement was their list of “at risk patients”.
    The text was another number (at least not the one I have in my phone for GP texts) … the vaccination itself in a big unused office complex with a group of what I think were mainly volunteers. (As I said not much opportunity to talk to people given the situation)

We might be different as my understanding is Woking was chosen to be part of a lateral flow test ???

Murray

GP practices banded together in Amersham/Chesham to set up a vaccination hub in the local town hall. The practices selected and texted the patients, the hub did the vaccinations.

ahsat

GP practices banded together in Amersham/Chesham to set up a vaccination hub in the local town hall. The practices selected and texted the patients, the hub did the vaccinations.

This is the same in our area of West Yorkshire – all the local GP surgery’s pulled together and vaccinate as a team outside of the surgery building (at the local health centre, but that is where there is space), which allows the other surgery staff to carry on with day-to-day services. This allows those who aren’t able to travel to the big vaccine centres (which you book central) easily (ours is the other side of Leeds) to get their jab locally.

dantsw13

I vaccinate at a GP led clinic. We are the Eastbourne hub fir about 10 local surgeries. Bookings are organised by local admin – you can’t book us by the national website or 119.

Currently we are booking patients in about 11 weeks after 1st jab and at short notice due to vaccine supply issues.

Unless specifically authorised by your GP due to a medical issue post first jab, both jabs will be the same. The trial on mixed jabs might read out in Jun , and chZnge this.

We use both AZ & Pfizer. Normally on separate days, but sometimes both on the same day.

poly
    Free Member

From my seat at the back of the cheap seats the vaccination schedule/guide seems increasingly confusing.

frankly, given the IT infrastructure in the NHS and the number of people who need to approve the simplest decisions in any government-led project (never mind one as high profile as this) I’m staggered we are managing to deliver it as well and coherently as we are. I think part of the reason it is working is because there are multiple channels and routes to access it.

personally id have no concerns about mixing vaccines 12 weeks apart, although the official policy is to use the same vaccine where it is known.

tuboflard

Off for mine at the mass vaccination site in Sheffield this afternoon. Have a suspicion that it’ll be Moderna, but will wait and see. Only hiccup was that I booked it at 7am on Tuesday when over-45’s opened up but only for the email confirmation with booking reference this morning.

stevextc
    Free Member

poly

frankly, given the IT infrastructure in the NHS and the number of people who need to approve the simplest decisions in any government-led project (never mind one as high profile as this) I’m staggered we are managing to deliver it as well and coherently as we are.

Good point….

personally id have no concerns about mixing vaccines 12 weeks apart, although the official policy is to use the same vaccine where it is known.

Well yes but then I have no real idea why I was on the at risk list to begin with or if the decision to give me the AZ vaccine has anything to do with this reason or my auto immune disorders or was just randomly chosen or what was available.

Just checked and the text was sent by some group calling themselves “NW Surrey improved access hubs” with no reason why I was “invited” (at the time I initially thought it was another scam, specifically because it said not to contact the surgery).. “Dear XTC you are invited to book your COVID-19 vaccinations ..” and continues … “Please DO NOT contact your surgery.”

However I checked out the accuRx on digital.nhs.uk and it appeared legit. (Much as I dislike technology I have worked in it for decades so I wonder how a non tech savvy pensioner would check that out?) and based on google I’m not the only one asking if its legit..

So I guess I’m in a track so to speak and just wait for the outsourced company to contact me which as pointed out will be in May sometime.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I had my first AZ/OX jab in Tuesday at a walk-in (no appointment) centre at St Thomas’s hospital, one place for registration and 3 different posh tents for jabbing. Got a text at registration giving me the second date.
    However I logged on to NHS site and was told I needed to rebook second date as this could not be fulfilled, no issue as it’s now a day earlier at a pharmacy down the road.
    Thing is I logged in out of curiosity and received no text or email re the second jab not being available.
    Might be because they are swapping to moderna at that site or because it was just a weeks push to get any 1-9 stragglers done at a facility that could process walk ins? Either way I would check your second appointment is still valid.
    (My surgery is a vaccine hub but they were too slow in offering me a jab, not a peep from them right up to the over 50s deadline)

stevextc
    Free Member

However I logged on to NHS site and was told I needed to rebook second date as this could not be fulfilled, no issue as it’s now a day earlier at a pharmacy down the road.
    Thing is I logged in out of curiosity and received no text or email re the second jab not being available.

Thanks, I reclicked the link and it seems I just wait.

JohnnyPanic

tuboflard
    Off for mine at the mass vaccination site in Sheffield this afternoon.

Was that through the NHS website?
    When I booked back in March the nearest available site to Sheffield, was Mansfield, so I went there.
    Which means my 2nd jab will also be there.

P.S. Good Luck!

slowol

I had my first one yesterday after over 45s were allowed to book on Tuesday. Got it done at the football ground as it’s near work and is doing hundreds a day although I could have had it done a a pharmacy nearer home if I’d waited a couple of weeks.

My in laws (in their 70s) had their first jab a good few weeks ago at their GP and then got phoned earlier this week to say second jab on Thursday.

It seems a lot of GPs are ringing to sort appointments only a few days in advance. If you book centrally they like you to book both.

Astra Zeneca jab was the one on the menu yesterday.

A colleague at work who was done a month ago has been asked whether he will take part in the mixed 2nd jabs trial. He’s yet to confirm but it seems there is some coherent strategy to find out whether this could be a good thing or not.

stevextc
    Free Member

A colleague at work who was done a month ago has been asked whether he will take part in the mixed 2nd jabs trial. He’s yet to confirm but ,

As above.. your colleague may want to wonder/consider why they were selected in the first place, why they got a specific vaccine or not etc.

it seems there is some coherent strategy to find out whether this could be a good thing or not.

I’m with Poly, it seems that the lack of coherent strategy is quite possibly why its going so well.
    and “good thing” depends for whom. Not to put too fine a point on it a multi car pile up on the motorway is good news if you own a auto salvage business, less so if you die in one.

To extend that analogy, I’d be wary of some organisation that stands to make money claiming for example that removing the hard shoulder is safer than having one.

MoreCashThanDash

I think some folk are over thinking it.

The only people being offered a different second vaccine at the moment are volunteers for the trial who will be monitored, or a very, very few who have had it suggested for a medical reason.

tuboflard

Was that through the NHS website?
    When I booked back in March the nearest available site to Sheffield, was Mansfield, so I went there.
    Which means my 2nd jab will also be there.

P.S. Good Luck!

Yep @JohnnyPanic, via the NHS website. Been keeping an eye on it and when I heard the news on the radio first thing Tuesday I was straight on it. Lots of options and appointments even the following morning. Arena is the easiest for me though other half, booking by the same route, got Hathersage for some bizarre reason.

stevextc
    Free Member

I think some folk are over thinking it.

The only people being offered a different second vaccine at the moment are volunteers for the trial who will be monitored,

I thought most who have already had vaccines were selected for some specific reason to start off with.

I’d feel more confident if that reason had been shared with me and the language was more straight.
    I was “invited” for no explained reason to book an unknown vaccine. No reason given why I was selected or why the AZ vaccine.
    As it happens I had no side effects at all…

Does that mean I “volunteered” because I was “invited” to take an undisclosed vaccine for no given reason and turned up?

How do I know I haven’t been “invited” because they want to use me to test a vaccine that is thought to be higher risk for my specific medical history.
    I haven’t got my 2nd invitation yet but if it doesn’t specifically say it’s for AZ how would I know what I’m saying yes to ?

MoreCashThanDash

I think I’ve misunderstood the question here.

No one chooses which vaccine they get first time round. We don’t have “unknown” vaccines. You got one of the two available at the time, and you were told which it is at the time.

All the vaccines were tested and passed as safe to use – it’s taken millions of doses for the relatively small risk of complications from the AZ vaccine to be identified.

You will get the same vaccine for your second dose, unless you are on the trial where they are mixed, or there’s a definite medical reason to give you a different one.

How do I know I haven’t been “invited” because they want to use me to test a vaccine that is thought to be higher risk for my specific medical history.
    I haven’t got my 2nd invitation yet but if it doesn’t specifically say it’s for AZ how would I know what I’m saying yes to ?

You are straying into paranoia/conspiracy at that point.

nickc

Higher risk groups have been done already, if you’re only getting an invite now, there’s nothing in your med history that we’d be interested in. (from a vaccine perspective)

Interesting to get feedback from the other side of the operation.

stevextc
    Free Member

MoreCash

You are straying into paranoia/conspiracy at that point.

When they start off with a SMS from an unknown organisation (claims to be from NW Surrey Improved Access Hubs at the bottom but with no number but using a alternate “GpSurgery” instead of a number its bound to ring some alarm bells.

You can’t call or request who they are and google predictive search comes up with “are accurx legitimate” when you try accurx where you are redirected you just get a URL to click.

Not so different to an another text I got about paying £2.50 or something to a fake Royal Mail address or the one about a payment I set up from a bank I don’t bank with…

Even my octogenarian mother knows to not answer these types of text.

Then they go on saying I’m “invited” and “do not contact your surgery” (even though it pretends to be from the surgery) – I’m pretty sure my surgery do not have the skills to spoof numberless texts, that is what scammers do.

You got one of the two available at the time, and you were told which it is at the time.

So why was I not told which vaccine before I turned up?
    Why was I told “do not contact your surgery”?

Would it have been too difficult to tell me in advance and send an e-copy of the booklet I was given when I turned up so I could take the time to read it first instead of being pressured once I turned up?

Why was I selected ? Why is this such a secret they can’t tell me?

Higher risk groups have been done already, if you’re only getting an invite now, there’s nothing in your med history that we’d be interested in. (from a vaccine perspective)

So again I’m wondering why I was “invited” by some shady 3rd party to get a vaccine in February?
    Is this random or based on medical history?

For reference:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=is+accurx+legitimate&oq=is+accurx+leg&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0i22i30j69i64.7781j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

It hardly seems like I’m the only person who searched google for this shady organisation…

Interesting to get feedback from the other side of the operation.

As above… if I’m not at risk why was I “invited”… why wasn’t a reason given? Why am I sent a text with no related number pretending to be from someone else?

The staff at the disused office building were brill but they had no information to answer these questions either.

nickc

Oh, apologies I thought you’d only just been invited, if you got invited in February, you’re probably in one of the priority groups.

Why am I sent a text with no related number pretending to be from someone else?

Because the vaccine program is being co-ordinated (outside London) through AccuRX as it’s a pretty good booking system that both pharmacists and GP can both use that talks to both our systems, and it’s not “pretending” to have come from your GP, it has come from your GP. Try not to overthink it, it’s a just vaccine.

It hardly seems like I’m the only person who searched google for this shady organisation…

AccuRX is used by nearly every pharmacy in the country, just because you’ve never heard of it, doesn’t automatically make it shady, stop being so melodramatic.

stevextc
    Free Member

and it’s not “pretending” to have come from your GP, it has come from your GP.

So why is the number withheld ? I get texts from the surgery number quite often and it has a real number. Why wouldn’t the surgery use this?

This text had every indication of being a scam. Imagine you were advising an elderly IT illiterate relative on what to do with unsolicited text messages from unknown sources.

AccuRX is used by nearly every pharmacy in the country, just because you’ve never heard of it, doesn’t automatically make it shady, stop being so melodramatic.

I don’t think I’m the only person never heard of it or to think it was a scam?
    Perhaps a text from the surgery number would have been more comforting or some sort of explanation like the one you gave.

https://conversation.which.co.uk/scams/scam-nhs-covid-vaccine-text-message/?fbclid=IwAR0Jq0R0pW5RsgQNYtfGTsWKSkFoFi8sHNgsEg7uEuvS6a9JRRudhsIRWF0

Their page does nothing to alleviate my concern. It is exactly what I’d expect a scammer to do. If this is legitimate then it would surely be on a domain that resolves to nhs.uk.

https://support.accurx.com/en/articles/4794856-i-have-been-invited-to-book-my-covid-19-vaccination-through-accurx-thirdparty-nhs-uk-is-this-legitimate

Try not to overthink it, it’s a just vaccine.

So why am I not allowed to know why I was invited?
    If they are going to give out a leaflet when you arrive why not send it in advance.

It’s not one vaccine it was two so I want to know why I was selected for this specific vaccine or this specific vaccine was selected for me or if anyone has even considered it?

When I saw the pre-injection nice bloke he asked if I had any allergies. Surely the GP would/should have put that in notes? When I asked if he meant IgE mediated allergies specifically he didn’t know what immuno-globulins were. (That’s not criticising him, surely the information should be provided.). and given the only IgE allergy I have is some exotic antibiotic I don’t know the name of but is in my medical records that would be useful.

I also wondered if my reason for being “invited” was due to my IgA/IgG mediated “allergies” but he had no information on that or knew what immunoglobulins were or the inverse and that I might be more at risk of an adverse reaction because of my auto immune disorders.

All of this is in my medical records, it hardly seems efficient to have someone like me with learning difficulties trying to explain to some medical professional.

In contrast, when my GP prescribes something it can usually be explained to me why and how a certain prescription may be better for me given the habit of my immune system for going totally ballistic.

I still have no idea at all why I was “invited” or why/if the AZ vaccine was selected for a reason or randomly or if the person doing it had any access to my medical records ???

tuboflard

Went to Sheffield arena. Arrived early but told to park up and head straight in. Everyone from the car park attendant to the nurse were really chirpy and happy to see you. No queue, straight in to the booth. Jab, paperwork and sit for the 15 minutes. Absolutely seamless and so well planned. Nurse even apologised as had to leave the booth for all of 30 seconds to get the next vial of Moderna vaccine.

I bloody love our NHS.

nickc

So why is the number withheld ?

Because it uses AccuRX, and that withholds numbers, I think it was a national decision, to stop folk automatically phoning their GP as soon as they got a text. so as not to overwhelm GP surgeries.

This text had every indication of being a scam

Sure, you’re not the first person to say this. I don’t think there was a better system that could be used by everyone in the short timescale  we had to get the program up and running. With hindsight, it could’ve been better, but we were up against it at the time.

So why am I not allowed to know why I was invited?

No one has suggested that you’re not allowed to know, but it’s been in the news since the beginning that the plan was to vaccinate every adult, it couldn’t have come as a massive surprise to you, as y’know, you’re an adult. Have you asked your GP? or check out the The first phase groups and see which one applies to you.

so I want to know why I was selected for this specific vaccine

You probably got what they had. We weren’t giving out “specific” vaccines in February, we were giving out what we were supplied.

Surely the GP would/should have put that in notes?

We’re vaccinated millions of people, we don’t have time to give everyone’s medical notes to the vaccine teams, sorry.

I still have no idea at all why I was “invited” or why/if the AZ vaccine was selected for a reason or randomly or if the person doing it had any access to my medical records ???

You’ve been invited because every adult is being invited, the AZ was selected as that we have the most of, and no the person giving it to you didn’t and doesn’t need access to your medical records because: it’s just a vaccine.

MoreCashThanDash

👏👏

stevextc
    Free Member

the person giving it to you didn’t and doesn’t need access to your medical records

I find that very very worrying if its true.
    “The MHRA has given precautionary advice to NHS trusts that anyone who has a history of “significant” allergic reactions to medicines, food or vaccines should not receive the vaccine.”

because: it’s just a vaccine

Right in the same way its just a peanut butter and prawn sandwich …

No one has suggested that you’re not allowed to know, but it’s been in the news since the beginning that the plan was to vaccinate every adult

Have you asked your GP?

The instruction explicitly said not to contact the surgery but regardless I wouldn’t have had time anyway.

or check out the The first phase groups and see which one applies to you.

Several of those apply to me … however the concern here is several of those also contra-indicate one vaccine or another and from what you say there is no cross checking.

Because it uses AccuRX, and that withholds numbers, I think it was a national decision, to stop folk automatically phoning their GP as soon as they got a text. so as not to overwhelm GP surgeries.

Having worked in software and technology companies for decades I can confidently say the pressure for this was to use the vaccines as a way to force other services on GP’s. Just like the pressure to close hard shoulders on motorways was made to facilitate “smart motorways” and create a market that wouldn’t exist if they built safer motorways.
    The basis of every cloud project I was involved in for the last 5+ years has been to prevent clients backing out when it goes wrong or fails to deliver the promised advantages.

In the case of our GP they and the other GP’s in our CCG are in an ongoing locked heads battle with the CCG who are trying to close them down to take direct control. the CCG will support anything that takes control away from surgery’s including using fake public consultations.
    [>24 hours notice to attend in person in working hours to state your views as a patient on the plan to close the walk in minor injuries and clinic if you happened to be trawling their website the day before* for the only public announcement]

*Not me one of our ward councillors made my council ward aware. Unsurprisingly though very few people could attend in person the next day so the “conclusion” was no-one cared

nickc

Sure, look, if you want to make everything in your life as massively complex, stressful and conspiratorial  as your endless rambling and often incoherent posts seem to indicate you want or need to, knock yourself out. I doubt anything I say will change the way you seem to view life.

If you’ve got real concerns about the vaccine, talk to your GP (I know you’re advised not to, but that’s a catch all in order to make folk think twice about doing it) your GP won’t mind.

I find that very very worrying if its true.

The Lead (normally a GP with re-suss team lead or A&E experience)  at the vaccine centre will be able to see your brief history should they need to have a look more deeply, when the vaccinator asks you if there are any things in your history to suggest there might be an issue, that’s the time to sing out. If you don’t know, then just say so.

In the case of our GP they and the other GP’s in our CCG are in an ongoing locked heads battle with the CCG who are trying to close them down to take direct control.

Given that CCGs are ceasing to exist in a year or so, seems like GPs have won that battle at least.

dantsw13

The Pfizer vaccine is the one with the greater allergy risks, hence the enforced 15 minute wait on the premises post jab to assess for anaphylaxis.

Early advice from the MHRA was for people with allergies not to have the vaccine. That has now softened considerably now more is known.

At the point of vaccination when your consent is taken, we assess any allergic issues then, in consultation with the clinical lead (experienced doctor) if required.

stevextc
    Free Member

The Lead (normally a GP with re-suss team lead or A&E experience) at the vaccine centre will be able to see your brief history should they need to have a look more deeply, when the vaccinator asks you if there are any things in your history to suggest there might be an issue, that’s the time to sing out. If you don’t know, then just say so.

See to me it makes more sense to check medical history before exposing at risk people to the virus and to give them the time to understand what they are getting and signing. (such as the chance to talk to their GP)
    I assume everyone else receiving a vaccine in the unused office complex in Feb would for one reason or another be considered at risk or they wouldn’t be there.

However, if I was charging per SMS sent it would make sense to send as many SMS’s as possible and sort it out at the other end and use a non number so I can charge for something that has no cost.

If you’ve got real concerns about the vaccine, talk to your GP (I know you’re advised not to, but that’s a catch all in order to make folk think twice about doing it) your GP won’t mind.

My concerns are about how it is being done and the way information is supplied and the misuse of tax money to force the operational end.

Sure, look, if you want to make everything in your life as massively complex, stressful and conspiratorial as your endless rambling and often incoherent posts seem to indicate you want or need to, knock yourself out. I doubt anything I say will change the way you seem to view life.

Myself (any many of my ex-colleagues) took VR to escape having to constantly lie and mislead clients at the sharp (operational) end when some sales bod had made a sale to the non-operational executive management.

MrSmith
    Free Member

i think you need to complain to your M.P. or perhaps write to your local paper.

stevextc
    Free Member

Dantsw13

The Pfizer vaccine is the one with the greater allergy risks, hence the enforced 15 minute wait on the premises post jab to assess for anaphylaxis.

Early advice from the MHRA was for people with allergies not to have the vaccine. That has now softened considerably now more is known.

At the point of vaccination when your consent is taken, we assess any allergic issues then, in consultation with the clinical lead (experienced doctor) if required.

This is sort of what I was asking (and why we aren’t told if the vaccine has or has not been selected due to our medical history).

The whole thing to me felt like being railroaded … many of us hadn’t been outside the house in months (personally I’d been to hospital but little else for months ) and then we are invited to a disused office block with hundreds of other people where you are told what vaccine, given a leaflet and told to either sign or leave.

The backdrop (to this SMS out of the blue) being months of misleading and contradictory information … from masks increase transmission to the exact opposite. (for example) and advice out of step with experts from the rest of the world/WHO etc.

In my previous job I had access to academic papers through my work account .. hence my cheap seats comment.
    Thrown back into the “cheap seats” I no longer have access to primary sources and I’m discovering how much primary data is withheld from the “uneducated”.

nickc

See to me it makes more sense to check medical history before

Who do you propose you get to do that work? Given that clinical staff are still seeing all their regular patients, and volunteering to vaccinate people when they’re not working their normal jobs?

The whole thing to me felt like being railroaded

The vast majority of folks I’ve dealt with our local vaccination centre have just been pleased that they’re getting the vaccine. If you were worried at all, then don’t have the vaccine, and just turn down the invite. Folks who chose not to have it at the time, have called us subsequently and we’re just sending them out another invite. As accuRX chain texts have been free to GP surgeries to use since 2018 (and continue to be free) it’s no biggie.

This is sort of what I was asking

This is why I said..when the vaccinator asks you if there are any things in your history to suggest there might be an issue, that’s the time to sing out. If you don’t know, then just say so.

stevextc
    Free Member

Who do you propose you get to do that work? Given that clinical staff are still seeing all their regular patients, and volunteering to vaccinate people when they’re not working their normal jobs?

This is what I’m trying to understand. You seem to say this text is from the GP’s surgery but then you seem to say its not.

What I want to know is who went through my medical records to select me and why?
    Did my GP look through my history or not before sending this text or was this text sent by someone totally unqualified without access to my medical records?

As accuRX chain texts have been free to GP surgeries to use since 2018 (and continue to be free) it’s no biggie.

So what are these charges for ?

For accuRx Plus orders covering a population of less than 100,000 patient population, SMS costs are 1.75p per fragment if paid via direct debit or 1.95p per fragment without direct debit. For orders covering a population of more than 100,000 patient population, SMS costs are 1.75p per fragment. SMS costs exclude VAT.

accuRx plus is a premium tier of accuRx Desktop, which contains some new and exciting products, as well as some pre-existing functionality that became chargeable on the 1st April 2021. accuRx Plus relies on local funding and you can read our blog here which explains why we’ve launched this.

What is accuRx Lite?

There will always be a free version of accuRx – called accuRx Lite. You can see exactly what functionality is included in accuRx Lite in the feature table below.

What is accuRx Plus?

In January 2021, we launched accuRx Plus, which is a set of new premium features.

We are introducing accuRx Plus to help us transition to a sustainable business model and to ensure that we can keep solving even bigger challenges in healthcare communications. You can read more about why and how we are doing this in our blog post.

Going back to

What were the medical qualifications of the person who made this decision?
    Was it by any chance made by a failed jockey who gave millions of peoples personal details away described by the Information Commissioner (Elizabeth Denham) as “a failure to implement the most basic cyber security measures.”
    Or the same person that sparked the headline “TalkTalk boss Dido Harding’s utter ignorance is a lesson to us all”

[I realise you have been told one thing… but perhaps you can see why I’d be skeptical if Dildo Hardon is involved in these decisions.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Idiot’s guide to vaccination (Covid)’ is closed to new replies.