• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by rone.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ideal logic combi boilers
  • RocketTom
    Free Member

Today I will mostly be getting quotes for a new boiler. First chap has just left and wants to instal an a Ideal Logic plus combi boiler for £2100 (includes removing existing gravity fed system). Does anyone have any experience of these? Looking around it seems that Logic had a pretty terrible rep for a while but the Logic may be a little more reliable as it comes with a 7 year warranty.

finishthat
    Free Member

Read everything on this site – its honest – you may not need a new boiler

http://www.miketheboilerman.com/

singletrackmind

I just paid £ 1200 for an Ideal Logic combi install. Was a like for like swap and included a machine power flush .
    They also do an external temp sensor which is worth it if its your own property . Modulates the boiler when the temp between the set point and outside air are lesser.

Too soom to say if its gonna be reliable . Works a treat now though.

fubar
    Free Member

We have had our Ideal combi for 2 years without a hitch. Minor quibbles: Ours has a neon digital display which is quite bright and never goes out (unless I’m missing a setting) and this bugs me more than it should. When running it’s louder than I expected (a low ‘roar’) but that may be particular to our install. I wish I’d gone for the most powerful model as we have a large bath and the water it not quite hot enough if we open the hot tap full blast (it’s still fairly rapid though).

poly
    Free Member

2.5 yrs in and never an issue with our Ideal Logic Combi. Ours is in a cupboard so fubar’s “niggles” don’t bother us – but I can see they might if it was in a living space.

rone

Got one here. Agree with above.

But I don’t like combis that much it appears… If someone showers when someone does anything else with water it all goes a bit weak. Same with toilet and other stuff.

Big warranty on them, as I assume they’re way better than they used to be.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ideal logic combi boilers’ is closed to new replies.