Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 775 total)
  • iDaves Diet Plan Members…
  • thomthumb
    Free Member

I've had the misfortune of seeing pics of him.

the knobbly knees are imprinted in my brain!!

snakebite
    Free Member

is idave out tonight? I need to test your resolve when I purchase a Guinness or two this evening, in the beer garden, surrounded by scant clad women….at dusk, as it goes a bit cooler, and nippy.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

the knobbly knees are imprinted in my brain!!

I never knew you cared 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Can't wait to implant my knee in YOUR brain Barnes…

😉

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Guys,

Be careful with the beans if you're preparing them yourself from dried stocks,soak well, boil for 10 minutes, rinse and reboil.

Many beans are poisonous to humans unless prepared properly – they are not really supposed to be eaten by humans.

From memory red kidney beans, white kidney beans, soya beans are particularly bad but most beans contain levels of the toxin but cause little more than an upset stomach.

molgrips
    Free Member

they are not really supposed to be eaten by humans.

Heh.. against the rules, are they? I must say I lost my rule book a while back 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Heh.. against the rules, are they?

is this Mornington Bean Count?
    My go is Marble Arch with a stick of celery…

DaveGr
    Free Member

Protein for vegetarians

In response to some earlier threads, eggs provide all the essential amino acids so should form a part of any vegetarian diet (and no I'm not interested in debating whether they are vegetarian or not). See the list at the bottom of the link for other sources and mix and match as link suggests and you should get enough protein. Variety is the key.

thomthumb
    Free Member

cheers dave. intresting link

i am not too concerned about protein – i like black beans (highest protein £:g ratio)

but i can't see that i'd have a good/ interesting varied diet if i cut out dairy/starchs + the meat.

any veggie dish ideas.

molgrips
    Free Member

Tomthumb – not just about the protein. If you don't have the eggs in the iDave plan then you might miss some other stuff as you'd be effectively vegan. But then again the fill-your-face day would prob sort you out…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Unless you're actively growing/bodybuilding/pregnant you don't need much protein, just enough to replace skin shedding, hair & nail growth etc and various other secretions…

iDave
    Free Member

sfb – is 'much protein' an amount? which amount is it? how does it relate to daily food intake? or do you not really know? try google, you can report back later

hilldodger
    Free Member

just enough to replace skin shedding, hair & nail growth etc and various other secretions…

….and all the enzymes, immunoglobulins, neuropeptides, hormones and other useful biochemicals 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and all the enzymes, immunoglobulins, neuropeptides, hormones and other useful biochemicals

but all those things are inside you – they don't vanish into hyperspace

sfb – is 'much protein' an amount? which amount is it?

a good question, and it would be fun to collect one's nail and beard clippings etc to find out, but my guess is a lot less than 50g a day

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

molgrips, don't be a ****.

I was just posting up some advice, being a veggie myself I rely on beans for protein quite heavily and wasn't personally aware that some beans were toxic and needed to be processed and cooked to make them edible when i started.

If you want to throw away the rule book and be such a **** rebel then why don't you go eat some partially cooked kidney beans.

molgrips
    Free Member

Eh what now? I wasn't being a ****?! I was just trying to make a lame joke based on the wording of your post….

Wasn't trying to upset anyone.. sorry if I have 🙁

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Wasn't trying to upset anyone.. sorry if I have

dangerousbeans overdosed on toxic beans (hence the name) which results in permanent bad temper 🙁

"You looking at me?"
    "You spill my pint?"
    "You diss my poison bean warning?"
    etc

molgrips
    Free Member

a good question, and it would be fun to collect one's nail and beard clippings etc to find out, but my guess is a lot less than 50g a day

Barnes.. millions of our cells die every day and need to be replaced. Using protein from the diet…

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

dangerousbeans is a **** grumpy community nurse with a few poorly patients at the moment who's gonna have a sleepless night worrying about them until I can get back to work tomorrow.

Apologies – will go away and come back tomorrow in a better mood.

molgrips
    Free Member

I was trying to make a joke over the fact he said 'not supposed to' as if someone'd designed beans for a specific purpose other than being eaten by us…

But I knew what you meant. Sorry.

iDave
    Free Member

50grams a day? really, is that for a 40kg man or 105kg woman, and are they in training? how much food is that?

your 'guess' is a pretty shite guideline for people to follow, or are you advising on something relating to IT rather than diet?

molgrips
    Free Member

Top quality username though – I did wonder if you'd registered specifically to make that post about beans 🙂

Sorry to hear about your patients – must suck being a medical person in those circumstances.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

millions of our cells die every day and need to be replaced.

yes, and get chopped up into their component amino acids ready for resynthesis 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

50grams a day?

that was the recommendation I found, though there were small variations

iDave
    Free Member

i thought it was your guess? so you read 50g a day, but then guessed a lot less than 50g? wow, you're really good at this.

there was me thinking approx 1.7g/kg would be about right.

are you 26kg?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

i thought it was your guess? so you read 50g a day

no, my guess was 10 or 20 and the recommended amount I found was 50. The chart generally seems to show smaller people needed proportionately more due to being children so the recommendation was surprisingly invariant. But we're getting sidetracked – my point was that people get hung up on getting enough protein when in fact most diets will give enough

iDave
    Free Member

people get hung up on getting enough protein

do they? which people? can't recall ever discussing it before

solar
    Free Member

First day on the plan and I'm finding it tough fighting off sweet cravings! I've also just rinsed and boiled a bloody huge pot of beans only to find out I should have rinsed after 10mins and re-boiled! Is my enormous pot of beans in the clear or do they have to be binned because I didn't rinse after 10mins?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

they have to be binned because I didn't rinse after 10mins?

I don't think the timing is important, this isn't alchemy, just that you have to change the water and boil again

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

can't recall ever discussing it before

OK, I imagined it.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

alexx could i get a guide sent to moseydo@hotmail.co.uk please.

Shandy
    Free Member

Good luck to everyone that is trying this. I'll definitely be giving it a crack at some point to see how it affects me.

Its a bit sad that there are a couple of clowns that can't stay out of the thread and mind their own business.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Its a bit sad that there are a couple of clowns that can't stay out of the thread and mind their own business.

you mean it has to be a uniformly uncritical group effort ?

nickc

A cult? 😉

Woody
    Free Member

Poor effort SFB. The clue was in the title and OP's post as below.

iDaves Diet Plan Members

[quote]It'd be cool if anyone else on here who is doing it could post it all here so we have a place to come to and see who'd died or sacked it off or lost weight and feels amazing.[/quote]
    You had your chance on the previous thread discussing this (which you did your best to ruin with your puerile, pseudo intellectual and largely irrelevant 'arguments' and yet you are so socially inept and/or arrogant that you feel your input is invaluable on this thread which has nothing whatsoever to do with you.

What should have been a sharing of ideas, recipes, successes, or indeed failures, has once again degenarated into a typical SFB spiral of petty disagreements and irrelevant postings, of which unfortunately, I am now a party.

My suggestion would be for the OP to post again and hope the mods can institute a 'single thread ban on SFB' so that those who wish to exchange info can do so in the spirit it was intended.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

'single thread ban on SFB'

brilliant idea! Heaven forfend that credulity be disturbed :o)

molgrips
    Free Member

Sorry for joining in the waffle…!

Solo
    Free Member

Grips, stay with us, you're our control 🙂

DangerousBeans, Thanks for the tip, we will read the instructions for bean prep, carefully.
    🙂

Solar, so long as you followed the prep instruction on the pack properly, your beans should be ok
    😉

iDave, Hilldodger, thanks for staying with us.

Shandy, Woody, Jamie, Good posts, will you be/are you giving this a try ?.
    And yes, lets keep those meal suggestions coming, it'll assist those to have yet to start.
    😉

SFB. So, I was correct and you were not.
    To clarify for the newer readers.
    My take on this exercise is that 1 day a week, I'm going to eat whatever I want to, whether thats, pop, choclate, cheese or even fruit.
    So, nothing !, is forbidden.
    😉

Right, I'm up the Hospital, taken family mem to out-patients, so probably wont post anymore today.
    This weekend I'll spend a little time prepping stuff for work next week, and trying recipe suggestions from here 🙂
    As well as getting some ride-time in.

Cheers

Solo

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

SFB. So, I was correct and you were not.

what, about something in particular of just generally ?

cheese or even fruit.

good god man are you insane ?

molgrips
    Free Member

Just had a thought.. it's probably just as well I'm not on the diet since I am spending all week away from home nowadays.. I have to eat what the hotel has on its menu…

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 775 total)

The topic ‘iDaves Diet Plan Members…’ is closed to new replies.