Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 1,514 total)
  • iDave diet, who done it?
  • emsz
    Free Member

It was a strange feeling walking down the lesbian aisle at Tesco

Genuine LOLage 😆

big_n_daft
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

Is porridge ok made with water?

No, porridge is a grain and hence a white carb and hence out.

IIRC porridge is allowed once/ twice a week

donsimon
    Free Member

IIRC porridge is allowed once/ twice a week

Anything and everything is allowed once a week.

crazy-legs

Porridge is ALWAYS allowed. For me and by me. (“diet”, what’s one of those?)

I remember walking into the food marquee at Mountain Mayhem one year when Wilf’s were doing the catering, staggering up to the hatch and proffering a soaking wet £5 note which I’d carried with me so I could go straight from the end of my lap to the food tent. The nice girl there took one look at me and dished up a huge bowl of hot porridge with syrup in it. If I’d have had enough energy at that point, I’d have cried with gratitude. 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Today I am miserable, and that is making it hard not to go and get a choccie bar from the machine. I’ve not wanted to do that in weeks and weeks.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What’s up Molly?

I’m having a cheat day despite starting out really well.

molgrips
    Free Member

Work said they wouldn’t let me work from home, so I’ll either have to come back to bloody Germany or get a new job.

The thought of coming back to Germany is depressing.

But if I just don’t renew the contract, there’ll be 5-6 weeks of definitely no pay whilst we have a kid.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Eeeek, sounds like a flipping nightmare!

How long do you have to renew it for?

molgrips
    Free Member

Prob 6 months or a year. The worst part is that it’s very difficult for Mrs Grips. But the alternative isn’t much better.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m assuming MrsGrips is ideally wanting to be back in the UK from July onwards.

Feel for you, sounds like it sucks.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah Mrs Grips needs to be back at the end of July, don’t want Lil Grips MkII being born in a German hospital.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that Mol. Hope it works out for you. Have an extra shot of cinnamon in your coffee to make up for it. (last bit – joke, first bit – sincere). 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂 Will try.

However instead of cinnamon I have elected to stage-dive from the wagon in style this afternoon with a Coke, a Twix AND some Haribo.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah. Get in dude!!

chamonix666
    Free Member

Started the idave diet on Monday and have lost 5lbs !!!!

Only one transgression of a pint of bitter last night after a late work meeting. Cheat day tomorrow, wondering what to have, any suggestions?

iDave
    Free Member

todays ‘diet’….

omlette, 2 bowls of cornflakes, zipvit protein bar, handful of brazil nuts, 2 greggs sausage rolls, cake, zipvit energy bar, packet of crisps, snickers, singapore fried rice, prawn crackers, 2 glasses of red and counting….

5 pounds off my racing weight from 20 years ago

just in case some of you still think this is a calorie restrictive diet.

Jamie
    Free Member

Assuming today was an ‘off’ day then Dave?

iDave
    Free Member

Err yeah. Find I have to force myself to eat loads, but it always pays off a few days later with a big drop. Weight that is, not poo.

Jamie
    Free Member

Force yourself? I envy you. The only reason I do not eat my own hands is that I need them to shove food in my face.

trailmonkey

iDave, i’ve got that beat. after a 3lb loss this week and closing in on target weight, i’ve had :-

porridge with banana and golden syrup, toast with lemon curd, 2 x chewy bars, 2 x bananas, 2 x peanut butter and jam sandwhiches, a clotted cream tea, pizza, taramasalata with toast, 4 cans (so far) bitter, 4 cups coffee with milk. all weighed off against a 7.5 hour ride on Dartmoor.

the night is yet young.

BlobOnAStick

Assuming today was an ‘off’ day then Dave?

yeah. Find I have to force myself to eat loads, but it always pays off a few days later with a big drop.

Does this mean I’m being too ‘light’ on my days off? I’ve not lost anything for 4 weeks now, but I don’t particularly go for it on my Sundays (and, not eating wheat-based foods, my day-off diet isn’t that much different bar the occasional potato or pile of rice)

Ben

iDave
    Free Member

day off = food carnage

otherwise you won’t get huge losses

and plenty of water too

BlobOnAStick

Got it.

*rubs hands in anticipation* 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Ah, I hadn’t realised the “day off” was key to the process. Is there a page on this thread which explains the significance ?

chamonix666
    Free Member

Today I have “done” so far……biggest bowl of cereal ever, sausage and beans on toast, maltesers, snackajacks, popcorn, chips and steak pudding, 4x mini spring roll, cookie, prawn crackers, curry sauce, 2xpints of Stella, 1x glass of wine, 1 x becks vier. have I over done it?

iDave
    Free Member
    chamonix666
    Free Member

Cough understood. Good luck!!!

BlobOnAStick

allthepies – to be fair the fact sheet does say that the ‘day off’ is important. I just didn’t realise it was supposed to be foodageddon!

iDave – I’m waiting to see if I can sponsor you more than 6 quid. Honest!

grantway
    Free Member

OK where can I find details of the diet?

BigJohn

Last night we were in the kitchen making pakora and bhajis with gram flour before eating the fantastic curry goat I had made earlier.

When we made the 2nd batch of batter I couldn’t be arsed to walk across the kitchen to the tap so I splashed some Peroni into the gram flour instead. The result was sensational. We dipped onions, cauliflower, broccoli and even spoonsful of adzuki beans that way. It might not be quite kosher but it’s great.

PS – Tesco’s Ras El Hanout Rub is the best curry powder I’ve ever used (including all the ones I’ve made from scratch. Just add turmeric and chilli to make a great curry.

iDave
    Free Member

+1 for the Ras El Hanout

BJ – coffee machine makes thwopping noises and leaks occasionally but makes good coffee often enough to be useful.

BigJohn

Glad it works. Is it strong enough? If it’s not, I might have re-assembled it wrong. I’ll mail you.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Started to see losses myself now, I think. Maybe my food carnage wasn’t good enough? I resorted to eating a lot of chocolate, pigging out on lasagne and drinking lots of beer.

steveo48
    Free Member

sorry if this has been asked already, where can i find info on this diet?
    Ta Steveo

molgrips
    Free Member

Good job CK.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ras El Hanout Rub

*adds to shopping list*

This one right?

Junkyard
    Free Member

on the off chance this is still on topic I have not only not done the diet I have not read any threads about it I know nothing at all about it.

Jamie
    Free Member

sometimes i think you leave out the punctuation in your posts on purpose junkyard purely for the joy of not being shackled by the chains of conformity it places on your flowing prose of course i could be wrong.

BigJohn

Jamie – that’s the one. It’s got bits of stuff in it like toenail clippings (texture, not flavour), so I often pass it through a grinder first.

BigJohn

If anyone were to be sufficiently inspired to use Google to find the diet he would find that they are arguing about it on Pistonheads too.

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 1,514 total)

The topic ‘iDave diet, who done it?’ is closed to new replies.