Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ibis mojo SL frame cracking
  • gazevo
    Free Member

Hi, I own a 2011 ibis mojo SL I’ve had this bike for 12 months now and recently noticed there was some play in the bottom linkage, so I guessed it needed new bearing.

I returned it to my LBS where I bought if from to sort it, anyway the phoned me last Friday saying that the new bearings had been fitted but when they put the rear wheel back in they noticed there was still some play in the back end. So the logical thing to do was check the bearing in my HOPE hub, which were fine. So when replacing the wheel back in again they noticed a crack in the frame by the drop outs. Not good, but ibis are sending me a new frame which is awesome of them.

My questions are really is that has anybody else had a problem with their ibis like this. Also what do I do once I get the bike back, keep my trust in the frame that it doesn’t happen again or sell the frame while it is new and go for something else.

wwaswas
    arthurcrabstick
    Free Member

Keep it….. Ibis’s customer care is second to none.

gazevo
    Free Member

Well I orignaly found out when I had the bike stripped down for a good clean and checking the linkages and bearings. I found it and thought it was just the paint.

It sounds like you have had some experience with this. But how come they are sending me a whole new frame and not just the swing arm.

skywalker
    Free Member

A good time to sell up if you fancy a change. It will be new and you will get a fair bit for it.

dreednya

2+ years of hard riding in Wales and no problems at all. Some major stacks in that time and the frame is fine :o). The mojo frame replaced a Heckler frame which I cracked the downtube on – and I’ve not even thought of changing the frame

gazevo
    Free Member

I do love it but I cracked a Scott ramson a few year ago and got that replaced on warranty. But it never felt that same bike after that to me.

I think I will keep it. It’s just one of those things. I live in north Wales so it gets some hammering up here plus went to Scotland last summer with it too.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

If you only bought frames on the basis that not one had ever broken you would struggle to find one.

Frames do fail, it was unlucky that it happened to you, But you got excellent customer service which is the key point. You could have been told you “jumped it” or something similar and be going down the small claims route.

gazevo
    Free Member

True. I’ve been mtbing for a good 15 yrs now and they have been good with me even though I’ve only had the bike for just over 12 months. Thanx for that. Just can’t wait to get it back now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ibis mojo SL frame cracking’ is closed to new replies.