Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • I would like to Delete my Single track account is it Possible?
  • gofasterstripes
    Free Member

CheesybeanZ

You can checkout any time you like but you can never leave

bearnecessities

Looks like the op only really uses stw for selling stuff.

Shut the door on your way out…

I have no beef with you at all, but that’s a bit rich isn’t it? Here are your threads started in the last 7 days. Give the guy a break.

Cougar

Does that get rid of all my posts posts and all, Cougar?

a) no, and

b) that’s not going to happen.

Deleting posts destroys the flow of threads. Granted, that’s perhaps less of an issue if you’ve only ever really propped up the classifieds rather than taking part in either of the discussion forums, but the problem is still present nonetheless. You’d need to have a pretty bloody compellingly good reason to have your posting history removed.

bruneep

Oh! what ya betting on?

bearnecessities

A spot of blackjack & poker, of which I’m crap at both, but a pleasant & cheap way to pass a Saturday evening in, when naff all is on the television 😀

trxrincon
    Free Member

Wow! I genuinely am sorry for all this, again I’m really sorry if I e upset anyone. Like I say I just don’t use the forum much any more. That is the only reason.

camo16
    Free Member

It’s not you, OP – it’s just that most folks are in this so deep it hurts when someone wants out!

bearnecessities

I genuinely am sorry for all this

Don’t be, the chat forum appears to overly-attract those few that actually have nothing to shout about, to shout about nothing.

It can be quite therapeutic however; a good place to appreciate that there are many bigger idiots out there, than you may consider yourself to be…and then one day you’ll post something which makes you question whether you are an idiot yourself!

However, there are some very educated/informed/entertaining folk here – some useful advice given above; it won’t get you deleted though you bike-part selling whore. How very dare you 😉

camo16
    Free Member

Now we’re all trying to work out if we’re idiots or educated, informed, entertaining…

… See what you’ve started, OP? Grrrrr

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Well, I’m clearly an idiot

camo16
    Free Member

Ah, then my odds are improving. 😀

p8ddy
    Free Member

Is it possible we’ve outed IDS on STW and he’s leaving due to the number of us wanting to attack him with Bombers (the Marzocchi kind mostly) and punch and kick him?

If it’s you IDS – Don’t worry, we want to punch the other guys in government too! 😀

bearnecessities

I worked for IDS up until 2 weeks ago. Ahhhhhh, I said it….

This thread has now gone massively OT, so goodnight. I’m already excited about a cooked breakfast and actually riding my only bike tomorrow morning.

OP, this is how it rolls here; sure you want to go?!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wah7MqEHFg[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eXw47qb4U0[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60fqp2rLUR4[/video]

p8ddy
    Free Member

bearnecessities…

But you’re NOT IDS! That’s the important thing. And maybe the OP is! Now that you’ve left his employ he has no reason to haunt STW seeing what “the kids” get up to when not supporting his megalomania.

Unless you left because you attacked him with a pair of Bombers and he’s now too scared to post in case you twig it’s him?

northernmatt

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BXR5dgRmO0[/video]

Damn bloody iPad copy and paste shite.

Junkyard
    Free Member

With Love from a tablet that actually works and cost less than half of yours 😉

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BXR5dgRmO0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Mantastic
    Free Member

Here is a thought, don’t log on again. Simples?

I can only think you want your history removing as you been selling stolen goods and want your tracks covered?

northernmatt

Ta JY!

Cougar

FTFY. Also.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

witness protection scheme–bit extreme, but would ensure nobody knew you sold second hand bike bits…..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3nXa4XtNm8[/video]

loddrik
    Free Member

I have no beef with you at all, but that’s a bit rich isn’t it? Here are your threads started in the last 7 days. Give the guy a break.

I think you’ll find that you are just looking at threads started not contributions. Plus, if you look at the other 290 pages of my stw history it certainly isn’t just selling…

chewkw
    Free Member

Doing music with message are we? 😆

So here’s mine not sure about the meaning but I keep hearing “Don’t go …”

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW6h6AM5mzM[/video]

Okay … no meaning to this one except the girls mesmerising me with their moving body and music. Yes, I remember listening to this one when the single was first release. Excellent!!!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6pg18bJt-A[/video]

Ya baby move that body … ya … ya …

Swelper
    Free Member

A) just don’t log on n forget. Radical thought I know
    B) p off the Mods and argue mercifully and with no compromise
    C) post some Harry Vorn so we can all enjoy if only for a moment

That pretty much covers it really

konabunny
    Free Member

Wonder why the OP is so anxious about having his/her classifieds history online?

Meanwhile, does anyone know where I can buy some Magura Louise Carbon brakes?

Swelper
    Free Member

Stalking tendencies

JoeG
    Free Member

Funkytown… 😆

Yes, I remember listening to it when it first came out 😳 But I was only 12 or so…

loddrik
    Free Member

Meanwhile, does anyone know where I can buy some Magura Louise Carbon brakes?

Now withdrawn.

😉

piemonster

Don’t be, the chat forum appears to overly-attract those few that actually have nothing to shout about, to shout about nothing.

Whoah, you say that like its not the point of the chat forum or something.

bearnecessities

😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Comedy thread 🙂

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I presume there’s some legal reason that STW don’t have to delete stuff if asked?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I just assumed it was their cascade delete/modify function just didn’t work, and nobody could be arsed to fix it. That would be the reason if I were in charge 🙂

Edukator
    Free Member

As I’ve said before I reckon that under EU law you have the right to access all the information STW has on you, the right to have all personal information removed and the right to have everything you post as private by default.

In forum jargon it’s relatively easy for mods to “bozo” users making everything they’ve ever written invisible. When a user on BM threatened to lose my wife her job I requested a bozo in a polite request to the management and vanished without trace. I’ve now reappeared on the site but don’t post anymore as the forum is down to less than 10 regulars.

EU on social networks

Cougar

You already can access “all the information STW has on you”, which is the square root of bugger all. But I’m happy to email you your email address if you really want. Oh, and STW would hold your name and address I suppose, if you’re on a paper subscription; I can’t access that information though.

the right to have all personal information removed

Link to the relevant law please? The .pdf you listed is a) a proposal only and b) specifically states that it’s talking about personal data.

So again, that’s probably next to nothing, unless you’ve volunteered details like your phone number in the classifieds or something. Generally we’d remove stuff like that on request anyway. “Personal information” is not the same thing as “everything you’ve ever posted.” The .pdf there backs this up – “the rules
    are about empowering people, not about erasing past events.”

and the right to have everything you post as private by default.

It’s a public forum. Even if such a feature would be desirable, which I doubt, I’m not entirely sure that we have that ability with the forum software is it stands. Though I’m by no means certain; the only tools I have visibility of are what’s made available through the site’s admin portal.

Karinofnine

Gosh, this is fascinating. If you hadn’t said anything and just stopped posting I doubt anyone would have noticed… now of course everyone has checked your forum activity and will definitely remember you (well, at least for a day or two).

I haven’t read all your posts, did you sell someone something dodgy perhaps?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘I would like to Delete my Single track account is it Possible?’ is closed to new replies.