Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • I want a new bike – a hardtail that will take "abuse"
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

+1 for the subzero, that said I think Krag has a surge for sale?

user-removed
    Free Member

+1 for the Charge Blender. My mate has one and loves it so much he even wrote an article for Pink Bike about it called, Why I love my bike:

here it is here

Photos by me 😀

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Lovely article that.

palmer77
    Free Member

Hey, I have a Planet X Jack Flash which I'm in mind of changing. Email me if you're interested. Thanks, Ben

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Blimey.

I had thought of a SubZero as I rode one years back and liked it

Cove, no, had a Handjob and never liked it. Which I appreciate is not a reason to negate a brand but it just didn't live to expectations.

What do I want? A bike I can ride distance if needed (but probably not as a preference), that will survive a heavy rider doing drops (6 foot on concrete), and won't get ruined if I fall off.

The jumping part is mainly on DH courses. I've never been much of a dirt jumper.

I'll have a gander at suggestions.

I did think a Dialled Alpine as I love my PA but they're not really built for 150mm forks (although they will take them).

I just fancy the extra travel to compensate for my lack of skill at landing. Lol.

As for my PA. It does most of what I want, BUT I do worry I'll kill it dropping regularly on concrete (it's an early one with added karma and I'd hate to kill it).

Thanks to all that replied. It's helpful 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

Sorry, not PinkBike, Dirt ^^^

souldrummer
    Free Member

Sorry, am I missing something? A Dialled Alpine not built for 150mm forks? Since when?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I think he was talking about the PA.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I just fancy the extra travel to compensate for my lack of skill at landing

i find less travel makes the "taking off" much easier and if you getting this right the landing part follows suit

ChrisB
    Free Member

Black Market Mob.

Made by S&M in the US, rave reviews, and you can run it single speed or with gears. Check this one out:

At Chain Reaction the frame costs £730 for the 2010 model, or £430 for an older version in the sale.

I'm going to import a 2009 one from the US for £290. 🙂

Aidan_Oliver
    Free Member

I have a charge blender frame for sale ?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Oh no I think I'm falling for a blender. Gaaahhhhh!

Huw_IO
    Free Member

Aidan_Oliver
    Free Member

You want my blender frame + seat + seatpost ??? £130 ?

ajantom

Identiti Bikes do a good range – from the all rounder of the Mr Hyde/AKA frame to the more specific trails/street 666 frame. http://www.identitibikes.com

Slidey dropout on all models, so can be geared or SS.

I really like my Mr Hyde, burly, but capable of all day riding if needed.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘I want a new bike – a hardtail that will take "abuse"’ is closed to new replies.