• This topic has 62 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Bullet.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • I used to be indecisive but… (NBD content)
  • Kryton57

Woo hoo! Ordered and email received with a build / shipping date. Should be here before the weekend.

Can you tell what it is yet? 😀

Exciting fun times ahead!

stanley

I’ll guess… 120mm rear travel (ish)?
    Slightly less racey than usual?

Give us a clue!!

weeksy

Orange P7.

bonni

Vitus Rapide FS?

honourablegeorge

If I click a thread with “NBD” in the title, I’m expecting a photo, and to be able to criticise a lawn. This is a “placed an order and hoping for NBD soon” thread

bonni

A second guess: Airdrop Filter? I just stumbled on your other thread below!

If so, looks pretty decent.

Yak

I reckon it’s the top spec filter.

Kryton57

It’s not a Filter which surprised me also. And, will do pics including a Lawn later in the week. I will say it’s bold and brash and has 150mm travel…

I’ve even bought a new Trail helmet to go with it, to make sure I’m as far away from being reminded of “race” when I’m with it.

ta11pau1

…but now you’re not so sure?

If I click a thread with “NBD” in the title, I’m expecting a photo, and to be able to criticise a lawn. This is a “placed an order and hoping for NBD soon” thread

Agreed. A new bike thread without pictures should be a criminal offence! 🤣

fasthaggis

Yup,reported for lack of pitchers.

honourablegeorge

Can we get the picture of the lawn for now? We can have a go at that, and then we can do the bike later?

belugabob
    Free Member

E-Brompton?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Deviate Claymore.

Yak

hmmm. Alpine or stage 6 then?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I reckon his wife posted this to add some motivation to his gardening

vinnyeh

Not one of those Ripmos that Merlin are selling off for 2.6k?

Kryton57

Can we get the picture of the lawn for now? We can have a go at that, and then we can do the bike later?

😀 By all means – flame away. Hoping to have a Large contrasting object filling in the foreground later in the week.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nPacE4]IMG_3250[/url]

thepurist

I will say it’s bold and brash and has 150mm travel…

Spesh Turbo Levo – that’d be a proper surprise 😀

And as you’ve posted a pic – isn’t that transition from patio to path a bit of a trip hazard?

molgrips
    Free Member

I hope you cut the lawn first.

Kryton57

I hope you cut the lawn first.

It was just a mere 8 days ago, such is the weather…

isn’t that transition from patio to path a bit of a trip hazard?

There’s a reason I bought a 150mm travel bike…

Sandwich

I’m expecting a Macaskill style rear wheel hop between those two light fittings, come delivery day.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

CRAZY PAVING?!?!

>collapses in heap<

ElShalimo

Raleigh Grifter??

cb200
    Free Member

Is it a penny farthing, to compliment your lanterns?

Kryton57

Lol, re path & lights – they were installed in the 80’s by the former owners.

Raleigh Grifter??

Wouldnt take a Fox 36 unfortunately.

Kryton57

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nPozFH]Unknown[/url]

Gets excited and drums fingers!!!

NormalMan

Sonder?

Kryton57

Not a Sonder! 48h max to pics time though 😀

ta11pau1

Something Bird?

Kryton57

Ok, enough messing about 🙂 bike’s coming today and I’ll post some pics up when it arrives. Before I’d do, a short explanation; some will know I’ve been prevaricating about “race or not to race” or perhaps what kind of cycling I enjoy etc. I sat down and was honest with myself in that I’m in a very busy period of my life with two kids and a responsible role at work that takes a fair bit of my time. But I also have a desire to be fit with a purpose to look forward to. When I thought about the best times I’ve had on a bike, they’ve either been at the top end (for me) of racing, or – as my very first MTB pic revealed – enjoying days in the Peaks, Welsh trail centre’s, Surrey Hills, Swinley, Quantocks with cafe/pub/friends and no powermeters in sight. I want to find some of those restful and enjoyable opportunities with friends and/or my son.

So, rather than focussing on a “dream bike” or a “could be raced” bike I’ve bought a “quintessential trail bike” and will leave my Spark for racing as the “tool for the job”. More so and almost by accident after I’d spotted it on offer, I discovered via multiple reviews that the new bikes traits suited me exactly – I’m a wheels on the ground trail rider that enjoys the thrill of a few pops and rocks and descents but you won’t catch me 6ft in the air, nor entering an Enduro race – it’s top of its class for technical climbing – well, second only to a Ripmo apparently, has the workhorse SLX throughout, 150mm Fox both ends (Fox 36 and Float X) and shod with a 2.5 Maxxis 3C Dissector/DHF combo and 170mm dropper to force me to learn how to lean into the corners better than I do.

It’s going to allow me to enjoy the climbs and the descents according to the way I ride but also help push my technical boundary’s, yet it’ll also allow me great comfort to enjoy some clean air and scenery at my own pace and a pint or pie when need. Can’t, bloody, wait, and I don’t care that it’s not boutique and some won’t like it. 🙂

alanf
    Free Member

Trance X 1 29

weeksy

You know the Ripmo is on offer at Merlin ?

😉

dirkpitt74

weeksy

😉

And probably has a proper head badge too lol

Kryton57

Trance X 1 29

I came very close to buying the X2, but no.

I did, but I’m looking for sub £3k and wasn’t sure about DVO – my natural anxiety leaves me wanting some thing without foibles that I know, can setup and can throw at TfT if/when needed. It doesn’t have a head badge though.

velocipede
    Free Member

Balls – I scrolled to the bottom getting more and more excited – still no pics 3 hours after the last post 🤯

(hope it’s arrived safely!)

Yak

Balls – I clicked on this as there was new activity, but it’s velocipede’s balls post above…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Fuel Ex?

Kryton57

BEHOLD! The orange monster:

IMG_3287

Arrived just before lunch (safely, thanks Yak) and this is as far as I’ve got. Bolt check, saddle and shock pressures to go before I make it tubeless overnight.

Orbea Occam H20 LT, courtesy of the Sigma sale at what I feel is a bargain price. Feels big and cushy!

I didn’t even occur me that the seat post size works for my Vyron, so that may be swapped in later.

NormalMan

Very nice

Got a soft spot for Orbea so very much approve 😎

ta11pau1

Nice! I’ve always thought the Occam was good VFM and a decent all round trail bike.

Looks a decent spec too, should handle some techy trails with that fork/shock. If it were me I’d be putting on a bigger front rotor as a minimum, that looks like a 180mm front and back?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.