Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • I think I've found a mega fat front to end all fat fronts
  • tazzymtb

3.5″ 29er tyre!! yes it’s not as chubby a big fat larry but dear lord this could be hysterical

Now to find some forks big enough to take it, Anyone know if a salsa enabler would?

parkesie
    Free Member

Use the wheel aswell fit it to a lefty 🙂

tazzymtb

Ace! 😆

TheBrick
    Free Member

http://www.ponyandcarriage.co.uk/carriage_driving_online_shop_carriage_tyres_inner_tubes_wheels_items.htm

Dose not mention ERD, the 32″ tyres might be 622 mm as

(622 mm / 25.4) + (3.5″ * 2) = 31.488189″

but can’t be sure. Would have to get them to check marking on the side.

tazzymtb

had a chat to the supplier and they will play with a 29″ mtb rim so a 47mm kris holm freeride should work fine. Now all I need to do is find a fork big enough to take it 😯

project silly fat bike could well end up like a monster truck 69er with a normal fat back and a monster fat front. I’m expecting the turning circle of a super tanker 😆

timbur
    Free Member

Jones steel truss fork dear boy!

tazzymtb

lookin at my ti truss fork (albeit with a 100mm spacing) I don’t think I’d have enough clearance height wise as my 2.5 29er is pretty bloomin close to the steerer tube, unless the fat front forks are taller as wel:?

singlespeedstu

unless the fat front forks are taller as wel:?

A to C’s the same on the 100mm and 135mm.

Plenty of room for the BFL though.

tazzymtb

arsebiscuits, that’s not gonna fit then. This may have to get a bit creative. Anyone know the A-C on an enabler? the pug forks too short as well 🙁

tazzymtb

cheers stu, it’ll be tight as long as the knobbles aren’t too massive it should clear.

jeeeeesus, all this just to be a bit different 🙄

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I can’t help thinking that tyre is designed to carry a fair old bit of weight in an application where weight isn’t really a problem. ie, that tyre is going to be bastard heavy!

iDave
    Free Member

I have a maverick DUC here, that might work?

tazzymtb

idave you’re stone neck of the woods aren’t you? I might have to meet you to see if it fits, but I think there is more chance on a sc32 as legs are a bit narrower than the big bulbous bits on a DUC.

Paul- yep it’s going to be a chunky monkey, but comparable to scaling up the WTB dissent 2.5 29er which is about 1500g. They are weighing one for me. If it’s too daft then it’s a non starter

tazzymtb

tyre weight is just under 3Kg which to be honest isn’t as bad as I was expecting, just need to find a fork big enough now anyone got a second hand enabler?

wwaswas

tyre weight is just under 3Kg

you’ll need to be facing downhill to get started but it’ll keep rolling for ever.

tazzymtb

nah, brute force and ignorance works for me, although it won’t be spritely up hill.

I’m also expecting to be able to ride on the roof of tunnels once it’s up to speed due to the gyroscopic effect. 😀

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

next week:

wwaswas

is it just me thinking that the wheel would have so much inertia that as you turned the cranks that the whole bike would just rotate around the front axle?

Markie
    Free Member

Thanks tazzymtb, glad you’re out there keeping the flame alive!

iDave
    Free Member

tazzy, yes I’m in Stone, you’re welcome to see if it could work!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘I think I've found a mega fat front to end all fat fronts’ is closed to new replies.