Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 1,758 total)
  • I think I'm about to be diagnosed with cancer, and I'm fairly scared.
  • Rikoshea
    Free Member

All the best fella,
    Meg, keep us informed or just pop on to chat, there will be someone on here for you 24/7 no doubt. ;0)

doug_basqueMTB.com

I've not posted before on this thread but my partner and I have been watching closely in quiet admiration at how you are tackling this. I just wanted to say that we have both been, and will both be thinking about you.

thegreatape
    Free Member

All the best for today.

Raindog
    Free Member

All best wishes from me too.

higgo
    Free Member

and from me too.
    Thinking of you both.

Pigface
    Free Member

Go get em Floyd

good luck today

thejesmonddingo

Best of luck for today,and a speedy recovery.
    Ian

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

Good luck with the surgery.

I remember when i went in for my little triffling operation at Blackburn Royal.
    The Anesthetist was late has he had got lost on the way to the ward (brand new hospital) to do the pre op checks/sign consent forms etc.

then being told it might be a little wait while a bed was free/time of surgery.
    5 mins later got taken to a ward bed… oh and get into the gown its time to go.
    Wandered through the hospital in my backless gown, (thankfully was allowed to wear my dressing gown with the trainee nurse and the missus down to the theatre prep room.
    Once in to be anesthetized – one of the last things i remember hearing was from one of the chaps saying – "why are we using this? far too expensive for a little operation like this, ah well never mind"

then when waking up in recovery – the first thing i said will you let my wife know… they asked her number, i gave it. but got the last 6 numbers the wrong way round instead of saying 123 456, i said 456 123. So some poor sod got a message to say 'your husband is out of theatre now' 😆

mamadirt
    Free Member

Go Mark!!! Thoughts are with you and Meg today.

vit-t
    Free Member

My thoughts are with you both today.

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your lives

yossarian
    Free Member

best wishes to you and meg for today and healing vibes for every day thereafter

Justin

sv

Trust things are going well – thinking of you both.

bullheart
    Free Member

Hi Meg here, just a quick note to say Mark is awake and talking. In fact his first word as they pulled the tube out was "boll*x" which I thought was lovely…

I'm knackered and will leave Mark to update with more details when he feels up to it. But thank you for all your support in the past two months.

Megan x

allthepies
    Free Member

Nice one, thanks for the update Meg – get some kip!

bullheart
    Free Member

I meant the tube that was in his throat by the way. Not the catheter or anything.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

his first word as they pulled the tube out was "boll*x" which I thought was lovely…

LOL ! 😀

will leave Mark to update with more details when he feels up to it

Yep, I expect Mark to have other things on his mind than to worry about posting on a mountain bike forum.
    But thanks for the update, and best wishes to you with coping during these difficult, stressful, and exhausting times.

CHB

Welcome back! Best wishes!

Now whens that stag night? come on man.

CHB

Meg, you are a legend too!

Diane
    Free Member

Oh great to hear he's awake and lively! Hope it's all good from here on. Thinking of you both.

MicArms

All the best for Mark, Megan. Now get some kip yourself. Wishing Mark a speedy recovery and you 2 a very long and happy marriage..

bomberman
    Free Member

I meant the tube that was in his throat by the way. Not the catheter or anything.

When the nurse pulled my catheter out it was the craziest feeling ever! I just had to phone my mate and tell him!

Good luck Mark and Meg x

baldSpot
    Free Member

the futures so bright, i gotta wear shades!

john_drummer
    Free Member

glad to hear he's awake.

All the best to both of you.

Philby

Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery from the op. You'll have loads of time during your recuperation to read and contribute to some of the drivel on STW 😉

richmars

Best news I've heard for months. All the best.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Mark – that's the spirit mate – LOL – were you inquiring whether they were still there?

Megan – we are thinking of you too in this most trying of times. Be strong, take care & don't forget to look after yourself too.

I'm looking forward to hearing the next update & boy I bet you have a scar and a half that'll beat derek-starships injury any day 😉

ononeorange

Excellent news – kept checking yesterday just in case there was an update.

Best wishes!

KonaTC

Megan,

Fantastic news my thoughts are with you both

Mark

sv

Wonderful news. One more step along the way…

anokdale
    Free Member

Good news he is awake, probably a bit sore this morning so hang in there and update when you get time.

Best wishes again.

can-uk
    Free Member

Thanks for the update! Hope he's not too sore.

All the best and good luck.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Great news for the pair of you. I am going to attempt some jumps this afternoon in your honour. If I break myself, I will be sure to post photos 🙂

:looks for full face and pads:

Ambrose

Good to hear, all the best again from Costa del Brecon Beacons.

timdrayton
    Free Member

great news!

Rockdodger
    Free Member

Great news for both of you and hope his recovery is swift.

Bunnyhop

I'm really looking forward to the scar.
    Also your wedding pictures ( if you don't mind thousands of saddo mtbers looking).

The bunnyhop family x

NikNak7890
    Free Member

Great news Megan, and thanks for taking the time to let us know; we're all rooting for you guys.

grazedknees
    Free Member

Thank you for the up date. Bollox! good stuff:-)

mamadirt
    Free Member

Fantastic!! Thanks for the update Megan. Take care both XX

tankslapper
    Free Member

Pass on our best from the Tanksalpper clan.

TS

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 1,758 total)

The topic ‘I think I'm about to be diagnosed with cancer, and I'm fairly scared.’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM