Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • I pity those who do tax returns…
  • white101

…I am dealing with Student Finance England for year 2 of my daughters university course.

I give in.

I can’t get a sensible answer out of the call centre staff, every question is met with ‘I’ll just put you on hold’
    I’ve been unemployed since end of November but they are oddly asking for earnings from 14/15 tax year. I filled in a current year assessment form at end of Nov when I lost my job (they took my redundancy into account and lopped £2k off my daughters loan) I asked if they want details of what I have earned since that data was supplied in November however it seemed they were unsure. So for the ‘your calls may be recorded’ evidence I asked them if they would like me to supply them with my earnings since Nov 2016 and they said yes they would be happy with that. Well the answer to that is diddly squat.

All this took about 10 mins of press 1 for this press 16 for that, then a good 10 mins wait then another 20 going round the houses for an answer.

Tax avoidance seems easier than this?

deadkenny
    Free Member

I have “people” to do mine 😀

HMRC though are suffering from cut backs so not surprised at the call centre hassles.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘I pity those who do tax returns…’ is closed to new replies.