Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • i phone unlocking anyone know how??
  • markyboy
    Free Member

Hi just got an iphone hand me down.Its locked to o2 but im on EE.Anyone know how to unlock it for free(if possible)
    cheers

jam-bo

O2 issue unlock codes for free I think. You might need to get the original owner too though.

smurfly13
    Free Member

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-your-iphone-and-using-it-on-another-network

Can’t be done the old fashioned way with a code – damn Apple!

bigblackshed

I recently did two iPhones. If your not the original owner then it will cost £15. The easiest way was to buy an O2 pay as you go sim with £15 credit on it. Don’t sign up to a package, just £15 credit. Call O2 customer service and follow the menus.

Ask to unlock the phone, you will need the O2 SIM card in the phone for at least 24 hours before you do this, the phone number of the O2 sim and the IEEC number off the phone, in settings, general, about. They will use the £15 credit as payment.

O2 will send an unlock text message, then take out the O2 sim, insert any other sim, plug it in to your computer and sync to iTunes.

iPhone unlocked.

I found out all this the hard way, nobody will tell you all of the steps, so I’ve done the hard work for you.

Sandwich

Original owner can do it for free (or at least those on contract). It involves ringing and then waiting for the confirmation email. Plug the phone into iTunes after the email arrives and it’s all done.

markyboy
    Free Member

thanks for all the advice.Ill try big black sheds one sounds good!

hypnotoad
    Free Member

BBS: Nice method, does it work with other mobile providers also?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Pretty much. Some are ring up some are online form. £ Amounts vary

Google giffgaff unlockapedia for prices.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Nice one thanks, have one locked to Orange and it says you need to do it in store so will see what they have to say 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘i phone unlocking anyone know how??’ is closed to new replies.