Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I may be about to respond to a targeted advert!!
  • ampthill

So google have noticed that I’ve been searching Kindle books. I read quite a lot so like to find cheap books

Amazon must know I’ve read some Peter May and so facebook just popped up his latest book for £1.29

Now I’m not going to click through as I’ll buy on my Kindle. But I’m sure that’s the first Internet add that’s worked consciously on me

Do you respond to advertising?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes. Rarely but rarely is enough for the internet ad game to pay for the advertisers.

ampthill

Hmm they are not as clever as i thought

Its still there but I’ve just bought it…

mrchrispy

loads of times but the pills never worked…must be cold round these parts!

leftyboy
    Free Member

@ampthill if you bought it directly on your Kindle Facebook doesn’t know you bought it 🙂

ampthill

leftyboy

I assume that the advert is placed on Facebook by google. The adverts change according to my google searches.

Google knows that I searched for Kindle books so presumably sold Amazon a slot

I wondered if Amazon were clever enough to recognize the static IP know it was me and therefore know I liked Peter May. As they now know I’ve bought the book I thought the advert would go

But I think that it was luck that they showed a book I like. Also I thought it was my Amazon account logged onto this PC. Its not its my wife

leftyboy
    Free Member

It’s all done with cookies and as you kindle doesn’t ‘do’ cookies it didn’t register the sale. If you’ve looked at books by an author a few times your cookies will have stored your unique id against that author so you will see ads for that particular author if Amazon are trying to flog books

bigdean

PSA threads seem to cost me more money than any targeted advert ever has.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I may be about to respond to a targeted advert!!’ is closed to new replies.