Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • I have just geeked out to the max :)
  • morelikeme
    Free Member

Just laid down some cold, hard cash for Omnifocus for me Mac and me phone. Not sure how it all works yet, but very excited at the prospect of GTDing my backside off and hopefully creating more time/headspace for fun things 🙂

Any other users/converts out there in STW land?

DrP

I understood phone and STW. What’s the rest mean???

DrP!

Davy
    Free Member

I understood phone and STW. What’s the rest mean???

It meant something along the lines of…

Techno <fwap> shiny <fwap> pointless <fwap> I’ve got no life <fwap> I can’t do anything fo myself <fwap> shiny again <fwap> <fwap> <fwap> I’m spent <fwlop>

morelikeme
    Free Member

lol, I think Davy has just about nailed it 😉

Smee
    Free Member

Does it teach you when to use me and when to use my?

grumm
    Free Member

I’m using Things – http://culturedcode.com/things/ – which is GTD based and I really like so far. There is an iphone app but I have no iphone yet.

woffle
    Free Member

I’ve been an omnifocus user on my work/home macs and iphone for a while now. Works an absolute treat like most of their software (I’ve got Omnioutliner Pro and Omnigraffle too)

mogrim

I though mac users where too cool to be geeks?

Still, “Professional-grade personal task management” is for middle managers, and is neither cool nor geeky 😈

aP
    Free Member

I assume its shiny software that allows it’s users to give others the impression that they do something, somewhere, if you know where to look, just not too closely.

grumm
    Free Member

Sorry but GTD is kind of the trendy face of task management. And these Mac GTD apps are really clever and nicely integrated with lots of other apps so ‘very Mac’. 😛

And it is really working for me btw.

IanMunro
    Free Member

God, this is almost as depressing as the meeting I went to yesterday when we were told that we were employing an external consultant to facilitate visioning sessions.

darrell
    Free Member

is it like a modern version of a clipboard then?

mogrim

is it like a modern version of a clipboard then?

More like macs playing catch up with Outlook.

maxray
    Free Member

Yeah whats wrong with a piece of A4 and a biro, and for really important tasks the back of your hand.

GTD.. Get T F***! more like :o)

grumm
    Free Member

More like macs playing catch up with Outlook.

Er…. no. You can use to-do lists on Mail, the built-in Mac mail app equivalent to Outlook, but this is a much better system.

Why bother posting such nonsense?

julianwilson
    Free Member

Does this mean you get all you organising done easily and your phone talks to your computer about it? Like a filofax but cleverererer?

I am thinking of breaking my ‘late adopter’ stance on technology and investing in one of these new-fangled ‘camera phones’:

Spongebob
    Free Member

Have you heard about the new “Macbook Airhead”?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have an OmniLife.

😉

Jamie
    Free Member

I thought the whole PC vs Mac thing had gone away to sit on the naughty step?

Guess not.

grumm
    Free Member

It’s not even really a mac versus pc thing seeing as there are GTD apps for PC as well as Mac. There’s just some silly people who don’t know what they’re talking about trying to make it into one.

mogrim

Go on then, what does Omnifocus do that Outlook doesn’t?

grumm
    Free Member

Try reading this – http://www.amazon.co.uk/Getting-Things-Done-Stress-free-Productivity/dp/0749922648

I’m really not going to bother trying to argue with you – but don’t criticize what you don’t understand.

mogrim

I’ve read the book and have a free GTD plug in for Outlook, thanks.

grumm
    Free Member

So you are using a plugin with Outlook? So how would this be catching up with Outlook, given that what you are using isn’t a built-in feature of Outlook.

I’ve seen the Outlook plugin, and to me, Things is a more elegant, better integrated solution. Not used Omnifocus though.

aP
    Free Member

I hope you guys are also 6-Sigma-ing your lives?

mogrim

Catching up cos the plugin’s been available for years. And all it does is reorganise the functionality that’s already there.

Mind you, I don’t fully buy in to the whole GTD thing, although the two-minute rule is pretty good and has helped keep down the amount of unread mail.

mogrim

aP, my life is fully ISO-9001 certified.

CountZero

I’ve just got a piece of string and a rock to wind the string around.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘I have just geeked out to the max :)’ is closed to new replies.