Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • I have a Question for those with a Reverb if anyone wouldn't mind helping?
  • stevepitch
    Free Member

Sorry for the random Q and I hope this makes sense, but If you drop the saddle on your reverb and then try and pick you bike up with the dropped saddle, does the seat post extend?

Cheers

iainc

No

mulv1976
    Free Member

Yes

MussEd
    Free Member

Sometimes

stevepitch
    Free Member

haha ok thanks guys out of interest what year models do you have? I’m thinking it only affects the earlier models.

somafunk

Those answers kinda sum up STW in a nutshell so to speak, 😀

iainc

Mine is a 13, and still a ‘no’ 🙂

seavers
    Free Member

2013 model. Never tried it.

😕

Edit: Just tried it….aaannnd no.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

NO

kayak23

Do you mean ‘wouldn’t’ mind helping?
    It’s just that, if folks WOULD mind helping, then you maybe might not you know, get any help.
    Incidentally, my take on it is no, it doesn’t lift.
    🙂

stevepitch
    Free Member

so mine needs a service then 🙁

stevepitch
    Free Member

don’t know what you’re talking about Kayak 😉 😀

tragicallyhip
    Free Member

Mine does, 2011 model, no issues otherwise..

stevepitch
    Free Member

interesting…………maybe its just because its one of the earlier models then, still, a service wouldn’t hurt I suppose.

davewalsh
    Free Member

Depends on weight of bike?
    Mine moves a bit, manual says it’s ok.

Scapegoat

Mine moves a bit, 2012 version

mintimperial

Just went out to the garage and checked both my 2011 one and my 2013 one. They both extend if you pull on them hard enough (which is not that hard). I had noticed that the one on my full-suss (2011) extends sometimes if I pick it up by the saddle, but the one on the 5-6lb lighter hardtail (2013) doesn’t seem to. They both work fine, neither is faulty in any way. So yeah, as above, I suspect it mostly depends on the weight of the bike.

jsync

Mine does when it needs air in………..like now,

2012 BTW

MussEd
    Free Member

Like I said, sometimes!

stevepitch
    Free Member

Cheers for all the responses guys its much appreciated.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im lead to believe that lifting the bike by the saddle is a no no. Doing so can lead to air being drawn into the post and bugger up an internal seal, so I’ve read on here.
    Kinda put me off, as that’s how I carry my FS on my shoulder.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

[/quote]Im lead to believe that lifting the bike by the saddle is a no no. Doing so can lead to air being drawn into the post and bugger up an internal seal

I read something similar, the ability to pull the saddle up is due to a small air pocket in the cartrige (not the hose) which can expand, no air pocket, no expansion. But it isn’t a problem unless it gets so big that it enters the stroke of the cartrige (i.e. the cartrige/damper/lockout bit is longer than the spring/travel bit, so normaly the air just sits on top doing nothing, like the air in the top of suspension forks.

So some do, some don’t. Those that don’t at some point will (disolved gas in the oil will form an ‘air’ pocket even if the seals are perfect), and those that do it’s not a fault, just something they do.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘I have a Question for those with a Reverb if anyone wouldn't mind helping?’ is closed to new replies.