Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • I HATE BT BROADBAND!!!!
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Its utter rubbish.

[waves fists in the air whilst screaming at the sky]

(I may be about to become a merged form of Victor Meldrew and Basil Fawlty and beat myself o a pulp trying to resolve yet another instance of my router dropping the internet connection again, and again and again and again……Don’t call me either, because that drops my signal too) (BT has offered microfilters many times and NEVER delivered)

/rant

Kevevs
    Free Member

My comiserations 🙁 I don’t go GRR on plusnet. yet.

Drac

You can buy them for about £2 or even less.

cheez0
    Free Member

/self diagnose
    got a noisy phone line? crackly? buzzy?
    Have you disconnected ALL your own wiring and tested router and calls in the test port of your main socket?
    if you are testing from the test socket and the ADSL connection drops when your phone rings, you have DEFINITELY got a phone line issue.
    Your line may test OK when you call to report it. insist on someone coming to look
    /self diagnose

AndyRT
    Free Member

UPDATE:

Ranted in a manner only Basil himself would have been proud of, and got put through to the Technical Ninjas at BT.

I am now going to have an engineer round….

More news when it happens….

BeveledEdge
    Free Member

I love mine, much better than any of the numerous providers we’ve had…

cheez0
    Free Member

tried what i suggested?^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    whats the results?

AndyRT
    Free Member

I have a jumbled up house. The ‘Test’ on the BT does not exist. Hence them wanting to send somebody out, as it seems I have a STAR system…

1 line in and no discernable logic

fogliettaz
    Free Member

Its way better than Talk Talk!

iBaa
    Free Member

Oh bugger, I have just cancelled with Talk Talk for their amazingly poor service and joined BT. Might need the 14 day cancellation period!

bokonon
    Free Member

There are no good phone/broadband providers.

Kuco

I’ve had issues with BT over the year though always sorted. Last time they took remote access to my computer and updated the router settings that made a big difference.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Last time I spoke to BT Technical Support, I dropped the bombshell that I work in IT. You could hear the person on the other end of the phone frantically searching through their script to find out what to do in that situation. Idiots, the lot of them.

We got offered a ‘free’ upgrade to Infinity in September/October. Conscious that the deal we were on was coming to an end in February, I specifically asked on 3 seperate occassions whether I’d be charged at the Infinity rate when my deal expired and was told 3 times “no, you’ll be charged at the rate you’re on now” (for normal broadband). February rolls around and I start getting charged for Infinity. Phone them up, go mad, tell them to get their engineer back around to rip out all the stuff they spent 2 hours installing in October and put me back onto my old boggo standard (ie, perfectly adequate) broadband. 2 minutes later I had an apology and Infinity for another year at boggo standard price 😀

Like I said, idiots.

unklehomered
    Free Member

plusnet FTW here…

chvck
    Free Member

Last time I spoke to BT Technical Support, I dropped the bombshell that I work in IT. You could hear the person on the other end of the phone frantically searching through their script to find out what to do in that situation. Idiots, the lot of them.

They were probably looking forward to yet another guy being condescending and generally thinking that he’s better than them…

forred
    Free Member

Stick with them! For gods sake don’t go to talktalk.
    I was with O2 for years. Very happy. Fast service (14mbs average). Never dropped.
    I mod mobiles and so the cost went up so I decided to move to talktalk and get the free youview box.
    Worst mistake I’ve made. Speed instantly dropped to about 4mbs. Broadband would cut off every 10 mins when busy. Customer service has got to be the worst example I’ve ever dealt with (in years to come there will be training videos based on talk talks mistakes).
    Moved to bt a few weeks back. Now 17mbs. Solid connection. Very happy.
    You do get what you pay for. And my kids want it all.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

VM fibre here. 30mb/s all day long. 8)

project
    Free Member

Ranted in a manner only Basil himself would have been proud of, and got put through to the Technical Ninjas at BT.

I am now going to have an engineer round….

and then they take 50 quid out of your acount if paying by DD, they did for me, and wouldnt give it back, as itwas my problem that caused the fault

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Could be a REIN issue, something you can check yourself

Tune a radio in to MW 612khz and if you hear a loud buzz it is probably interference from an electrical source

Faulty thermostats (Central heating, Immersion heaters).
    Electrical power supply units (Laptops, Routers, Plasma TVs).
    Industrial/Commercial power usage (Electric Railways, Electric fences, Electric motors).
    Decorative electrical items (Christmas tree lights, Touch lights).
    Security systems (PIR lights switching on and off).
    Digital Communication Receivers (Satellite and Freeview set top boxes).
    Internal power and telecoms cables run close together at the End User.

Not an exhaustive list, but something to think about

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I feel your pain BT problems

pennine
    Free Member

Had this problem with Virgin a couple of weeks ago. Turned out to be my Netgear router. A new router and all is fine.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Virgin here all laptops work fine on WiFi as does the desktop upstairs and Xbox all on WiFi. And get between 25 mb and 30mb everytime. It’s dropped connection once since November. And it was fine after powering it off and back on.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

They were probably looking forward to yet another guy being condescending and generally thinking that he’s better than them…

I am. It really annoys me why their technical support people have little or no technical knowledge. If they’re supporting a service they should know more than the customers they’re serving (generally). Thats not been my experience.

bigG
    Free Member

Kevevs – Member

My comiserations I don’t go GRR on plusnet. yet.

You do know that Plusnet is actually just BT broadband packaged and resold in a different way? Same shonky support network, and same basic rules and regs in the background.

but because it’s from yorkshire we all think it must be different, and good.

O2 customer here, about to become a Sky customer as a result of the sale of the O2 customer base. Will be interesting to see how that pans out, I’ve got an open mind for now.

smoggy
    Free Member

BT are terrible! With Virgin now, which has been fine. However someone’s gone to some lengths to set this up..(As a rule of thumb BT seem to be the worst of a bad bunch….)

http://www.btcomplaint.com/

stufield
    Free Member

I am. It really annoys me why their technical support people have little or no technical knowledge. If they’re supporting a service they should know more than the customers they’re serving (generally). Thats not been my experience.

The telephone support for most companies is there to help non technical users if you’re an IT bod fix it yourself? If its a line issue than self test and go to them and ask for engineer when line test proves fault.

Otherwise give them a break… Or do you take you bike to get it fixed and start conversation with shop mechanic with: “well you want to do it like this…”

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘I HATE BT BROADBAND!!!!’ is closed to new replies.