Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 140 total)
  • I feel sorry for this coppa.
  • tang
    Free Member

This guy must be from stw. If not he should get on here pronto, he’d fit in a treat.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKQPGP5IiSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

psychle
    Free Member

After watching 1 min I can instantly tell the Cyclist is a complete and utter kn0b… wish I’d been there so I could’ve smacked him one on behalf of the rozzer!

mattk
    Free Member

What an utter bell end, the cyclist i mean not the copper.

meehaja
    Free Member

bloody law students!

JEngledow
    Free Member

I’m in the office so can’t hear what’s being said, can someone sum it up please?

timc
    Free Member

hopefully next time he run’s a red light he gets knocked off, what a prize tit.

clubber
    Free Member

cyclists are people. Some people are ****.

radoggair
    Free Member

we would of all done the same thing!!

A ticket for running a red light….. tsschhhhh!!

I got pulled for cycling in 2’s last year, a whole 5mins arguing about rights and wrongs, then on the opposite side of the road ( great timing), 2 bike coppers were riding side by side on the path.

suffice to say i rode away the merrier of the 2 participants

alfabus
    Free Member

summary:
    1. guy ran a red light
    2. copper stopped him and tried to issue him a ticket
    3. the guy used the usual ‘am i obliged to give you that info’ line.
    4. copper tried to bluff him through it with threats of arrest
    5. the guy stuck to his guns and managed to get the copper to lie on camera
    6. copper then lost it and tried to grab the camera
    7. the guy rides off and isn’t chased
    8. smug text at the end.

6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

the guy seems like a bit of a knob – he was in the wrong and acted like a tosser from the off, but the policeman didn’t do himself any favours, just took the usual stance of “I’m a policeman, therefore what I say is correct”.

It does annoy me when legalese is spouted by ill informed police in order to bluff people into complying – see all the stories about photos being deleted, cameras being confiscated etc.

People running red lights also annoy me.

Dave

edit: sorry, wrote a list as if I was using Trac at work… edited to make proper numbers.

IainAhh
    Free Member

Hope the cyclist gets a nice crimal record that cocks up his law career.
    Posh = above the law?
    I think his video has backfired somewhat. What an arse.

wwaswas

middle class bloke is chuffed with himself for getting one up on ‘the system’ whilst completly ignoring the wrong that he did that triggered the whole thing.

I wonder if he expects his kids to take the same line when he tries to discipline them – “What did you do to your sister?” “I’ve been advised not to answer that, Dad” and so on. knob.

mysterymove
    Free Member

That cyclist is a tool, really what is his problem? A £60 fine and some good advice is a very light way of getting off!

Do you think he could have talked his way out of being splatted across the front of a truck?

JEngledow
    Free Member

Thanks alfabus 🙂

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Did he really run the red light though? Or did I miss the start of the vid?

alfabus
    Free Member

what has his class/accent got to do with it? chip on your shoulder?

Dave

DezB
    Free Member

Bear no resentment towards the police? No, of course not. But what about you, you utter tool. Half way through that I wanted to punch you in the face and I’ve never even met you. Good job that copper was a nice bloke.
    Argh!

Milkie
    Free Member

Basically…

Gets stopped for running red light.
    Cyclist is a law student, and tells Policeman he won’t be taking any paperwork he issues him, by law he doesn’t have to.
    Policeman says he has to take it under IDCOPPLAN law, or produce ID.
    Cyclist says what law did you say..
    Police: IDCOPPLAN, blah blah blah (he’s trying to blag it)
    Cyclist says fine, can you please state the law. (IDCOPPLAN is not a law)
    Policeman doesn’t know the law.
    Cyclist asks how he can tell him he is breaking the law if he doesn’t know the law.
    Policeman lunges for camera, cyclist goes off.

Clearly the cyclist was breaking the law, but he was right in everything he did to get out of it. I bet that policeman now knows the law!

edd

I’ll be riding through those lights on my way home from work tonight. Maybe I should get a camera?!

dickydutch

It’s the smarmyness of him that boils my P**s. If he ran a red light and got knocked off, he has ruined someone elses day, not just his own. Which is selfish.

simonk
    Free Member

The RLJ is a total and utter tool he breaks the law and gets caught. I was constantly hoping the copper was going to just arrest him and have him carted off in a van, as cyclists we are also bound by the same laws on the road as cars and just as answerable, asshats like him give the rest of us a bad name.

Jammy111
    Free Member

i think thats quite funny, they are both dicks though.

I had a similar ish accident with a police woman who was adamant I wasnt allowed to walk through town with a bottle of vodka id won at a raffle- she poured it down the drain infront of me as it had been opened (if it was closed it would have been fine, as i got to keep the bottle of wine I also had!). She also took the i’m a copper, im right approach and wouldnt explain to me why she was doing it..
    I walked to the police station to ask for clarification on the law, but all the guy said was that the lady was allowed to do it- im still not sure whether she was or not.

Speshpaul

Ok the guy is a bell, jumping reds lights is not big or in fact clever (i’m with darwin on that one)
    I think he was in for a bollocking, and as the bobbies would say he failed the attitude test.

However, the copper dug himself a **** great big hole there.
    Also whenever you see these police camera type programme and some one asks them to stop filming they never do. Interesting to see the camera turned arounded.
    But the copper did loose it. Which non of use are allowed to do at work.

But that doesn’t stop mr student of the law being a total bell end.

matt23
    Free Member

What a spanner!!

If he had accepted it he may have been given a warning like I have had a few times. It’s arrogant muppets like this that give us a bad name – yes the majority of us run lights and jump kerbs around traffic ocassionally but if you get caught own up. Nine times out of ten you will get a warning and the police will actually play nice (in Wales they do!) 🙂

Milkie
    Free Member

I think thats quite funny, they are both dicks though.

That sums it up quite well!

MentalMickey
    Free Member

😆

geoffj

The RLJ is a total and utter tool he breaks the law and gets caught. I was constantly hoping the copper was going to just arrest him and have him carted off in a van, as cyclists we are also bound by the same laws on the road as cars and just as answerable, asshats like him give the rest of us a bad name.

That

OmarLittle
    Free Member

His whole youtube channel seems to be of him ‘interviewing’ police and he comes across like a tosser every time!

pastcaring
    Free Member

i thought you had to give your name and address, is this not the case?

philconsequence
    Free Member

one day when dear leader takes over it will be normal for police to issue short sharp jabs to the genitals to anyone being a prick. this will make the world a nicer place to live in.

Diawl
    Free Member

Knob cyclist and copper who doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Pretty stupid to go for the camera like that too.

Speshpaul

Thinking about this (which i really shouldn’t) could the copper not have asked for the recording equipment,as evidence? then arrested him for not handing it over, because he wouldn’t have.

I’d like to know if it shows him running the red light I’m not arguing that he didn’t, but i wonder whether theres footage of it.

ourmaninthenorth

I have no issue with holding the agents of the state to account, and if (as individuals) they don’t know what they are trying to enforce, then why should an individual’s liberty be threatened?

But, yes, the cyclist is a bellend. For no other reason than he said “Iam a student of the law”. Tool.

nickf
    Free Member

Policeman got out of his depth there, certainly. But the cyclist jumping the red light really does deserve an almighty kick. I’m sure he was cycling around just begging the police to stop him so he can come up with his ‘I’m not obliged to do tell you anything’ prepared speech.

Won’t help him when he’s hit by a bus though, will it? Presumably he’ll inform the bus that he has rights before expiring in a pool of his own smugness.

JonR
    Free Member

It is illegal to video or photograph a copper going about their duties thanks to anti terror legislation. If this copper knew what he was doing he would simply have arrested this bloke for that and it would have been the end of it. It looks like a tale of 2 pricks to me as I find people who run red lights and coppers who throw their weight around both quarrelsome.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I like the cyclist’s attitude, the copper is unable to cope with logic.

toys19
    Free Member

I like the cyclist’s attitude, the copper is unable to cope with logic.

This ^

I’m with the cyclist, cops will use all the tricks in the book to get you, so you have to use all the tricks in the book to defend yourself. Chapaeu to him he proved that the cop didn’t actually have a clue what the law was. And I don’t see the problem with jumping red lights on bikes.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

i thought you had to give your name and address, is this not the case?

You are not legally obliged to give the police any information at all; however, if you have (or are believed to have) committed an offence and the officer can not identify you (in order to issue a court summons) then you’re probably going to get arrested.

The video showed a couple of idiots who will surely suffer, at some point in the future, from their own shortcomings. Until then, they can be comedy fodder on the intertubes. It was rather nice, though, to see that policeman made a complete fool of.

D0NK

It is illegal to video or photograph a copper going about their duties thanks to anti terror legislation.

For some reason I find that worrying, are you allowed to record audio? I’d quite like to have a copy of the discussion to refer to later if I ever got into a situation with police.

pastcaring
    Free Member

thanks three fish!

SkillWill
    Free Member

It is illegal to video or photograph a copper going about their duties thanks to anti terror legislation. If this copper knew what he was doing he would simply have arrested this bloke for that and it would have been the end of it. It looks like a tale of 2 pricks to me as I find people who run red lights and coppers who throw their weight around both quarrelsome.

Not entirely true – my understanding is that the Police can only stop you if they suspect the footage is likely to be used in a terrorist act or for some ‘terrorist’ purpose. Which is very vague…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘I feel sorry for this coppa.’ is closed to new replies.