Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • I really hate Stan's notubes rims
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve got Crests & use Maxxis Advantages. So how is it I can get them off & on without levers? (with or without tubes) A baby could change them! (I did a video as proof a while back & thought it was on YT but can’t find it)

b45her
    Free Member

bad workman blaming his tools me thinks, i can get just about any tyres onto a flow or arch rim using just my hands most of the time or with just a slight assist from 1 small tyre lever.

TiRed

Not really blaming – Now the tyre beads have stretched I can mount them without levers without any issues. They still wont seal against the rim for any period of time, even after I’ve tried to seat them with what is basically a compressor! That’s fit, not technique.

Some tyre rim combinations are just harder than others.

winch
    Free Member

Schwalbes broke all the spoons in the house until I realised it was an exercise in futility

Of course, there was once a problem with schwalbe tyres and stans rim

Kenda SB8s were never, ever going to fit, Schwalbe’s neither

Ditto Schwalbes

I don’t get it, I’ve fitted and refitted a Schwalbe Hans Dampf, Rocket Ron, Racing Ralph, Sammy Slick as well as Conti mountain king 2 (Flow Ex rims) no bother and without needing tyre levers.

adrianmurray
    Free Member

I struggled with getting Schwalbe Nobby Nics on Sun Ringle Black Flag rims. Dreading the day I have to change a tyre.

Don’t think it’s an issue with Stan’s rims but some tyres. Stan’s website is very useful and actually lists which tyres don’t fit so easily.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Anyone seen any good deals on hope hoops crest 29er wheelsets?

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

£300 from on yer bike…

br
    Free Member

one cold rainy winter night ride in the middle of nowhere a big slit inside wall and a long walk home.

Tubeless or tubed, you’d still had had a split tyre. You need to carry a couple thick tie-wraps so after you’ve put a tube in (you did carry a spare tube?) you can just support the tyre on the rim by wrapping them around.

antares
    Free Member

Anyone seen any good deals on hope hoops crest 29er wheelsets?

£285 Wicked Cycles

bartimaeus
    Free Member

The last Nic I put on went on by hand with no levers… so I am hopeful that I will not struggle too badly if I ever have to do a trailside fix.

Well the day for a trailside fix was today… a rear puncture that would not seal (no liquid sealant left in the tyre… oops). Nic popped off with a tyre lever, tube in, reseated by hand – sorted. Big sigh of relief.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Put the wheel in the freezer for a couple of hours before mounting the tyre 😉

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I don’t get it, I’ve fitted and refitted a Schwalbe Hans Dampf, Rocket Ron, Racing Ralph, Sammy Slick as well as Conti mountain king 2 (Flow Ex rims) no bother and without needing tyre levers.

I don’t get it either. I’ve been running tubeless for about six years using UST rims, and having recently got some, I find Stan’s far more difficult.

simondbarnes

I popped the bead off one side on my Stans Crest / Spesh Ground Control yesterday without needing a tyre lever. Topped up the jizz, put tyre back on and pumped up with a track pump (only gentle pumping required – a mini pump would have worked just fine)

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘I really hate Stan's notubes rims’ is closed to new replies.