Home Forums Bike Forum I can’t seem to find a soft spring for a Rock Shox fork. Are they just oem?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • I can’t seem to find a soft spring for a Rock Shox fork. Are they just oem?
  • rockhopper70

The gangly but light daughter has a Trek Roscoe that is fitted with, what is stickered as “Judy” forks.

The rear of the forks shows them as a TK Silver, 120mm travel for 29” wheel.

I think the smaller frames get softer springs but hers is a medium as it is a 17.5” frame.

She is hardly using half the travel so I reckon a soft or even extra soft spring would be better but while I think I have the code,

rock shox11.4018.010.171

i can’t find any sellers.

Any pointers who might sell these?

tomhoward

If it’s available aftermarket, any LBS with a ZyroFisher account will be able to get them (most do)

bigyan
    Free Member

That part number is buy to order from ZyroFisher

ROCKSHOX SPRING INTERNALS LEFT DUAL POSITION AIR PIKE 29 160MM (W/TOP CAP & KNOB) A1 (35MM): 160MM

ROCKSHOX SPRING INTERNALS LEFT DUAL POSITION AIR PIKE 29 160MM (W/TOP CAP & KNOB) A1 (35MM)

RockShox Pike Dual Position Air Left Spring Internals is made of high quality material. Fits Pike A1 2014 model. It includes air top cap, adjuster knob, dual spring assembly and shaft bolt. Authentic RockShox replacement part. Size: 160 mm. Wheel size: 29-inch.

• Fits Pike A1 2014 model
    • Made of high quality material
    • Authentic RockShox replacement part
    • Includes air top cap, adjuster knob, dual spring assembly and shaft bolt
    • Size: 160 mm

SRP  £222.00
    BUY TO ORDER
    Due in 6-8 weeks</div>

rockhopper70

£222!

For a softer spring, that can’t be right….

I could nearly buy that new fork on the front page for that!

Rubber_Buccaneer

ROCKSHOX SPRING INTERNALS LEFT DUAL POSITION AIR PIKE 29 160MM (W/TOP CAP & KNOB) A1 (35MM): 160MM

That isn’t for a Judy though is it

Googling the part number throws up an entry on hibike that suggests they are about 36 Euros but they don’t have any stock.  If I wanted one I’d check with my LBS

bigyan
    Free Member

£222!

For a softer spring, that can’t be right….

I could nearly buy that new fork on the front page for that!

Thats what the part number (11.4018.010.171) in your first post brings up on ZyroFisher B2B (Pike DPA internals)

Have you tried sticking the fork serial number in here to see if it gives a spring part number? (or find the exact model/year of your forks)

https://trailhead.rockshox.com/en/

Most of the RS coil springs are showing as buy to order on ZyroFisher.

matt_outandabout

Buy a second hand air fork?

sr0093193
    Free Member

Weren’t the new Judys all using solo air springs?

Just use a shock pump and let some air out.

DickBarton

I have some springs that I’m sure are for RS forks. No idea what forks but I’m never going to use them…how do I find out what they are? If they are suitable, you can have them for postage an a 25 quid donation to the Mountain Rescue or Air Ambulance service.

I suspect they won’t be suitable as I’ve no idea of age but they are still wrapped and unused.

rockhopper70

Just for closure, I spoke to sram and they said that the softer spring isn’t available to buy.

But they do a solo air conversion for £70 ish, part number 11.4018.010.231.

mashr

Get on the phone to TF Tuned and let them know the problem. Good chance they’ll know of something that’ll fit

rockhopper70

Tried tf, they didn’t have any springs in at all and directed me to speak to sram.

mashr

Ah…… shite

mojodave
    Free Member

I bought a soft spring for a 26″ Recon a few years a go from Jenson, USA.
    Came pretty quick and postage wasn’t that much.

Just had a quick look and they are showing these –

https://www.jensonusa.com/Rockshox-XC28-Spring-Internals-For-29er

No idea if any use but might be worth an email?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘I can’t seem to find a soft spring for a Rock Shox fork. Are they just oem?’ is closed to new replies.