Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • I bought a new frame today – Horsethief content
  • sambob
    Free Member

Must admit I fancy trying a Nobby Nic/Racing Ralph snakeskin combo. What did you think of Bikevillage?

Grace
    Free Member

Sambob.. Have been to BV for two weeks for the last 3 years… Sam and Lyndsey are the best people and will make your holiday exactly what you want it to be…its more tough, technical (but flowy) single track rather than out and out DH… But I come back fitter and a better rider to boot… We’ve also made good friends which we still see back in the UK… Its that sort of place….

I’m on Marxist Ardents 2.25/2.4s. I actually started on the racing Ralph / nobby nic combos… Nice and light but I found they washed out a bit… And wore out fast… But different folks etc

sambob
    Free Member

Had also considered Ardents, trying to find something a bit lighter than the Chunky Monkey though.

Grace
    Free Member

The other ones I’ve tried…. And think I may go back to…. Are the new style Bontrager 29-4..at least on the front… Might try to match up with a 29-2 or 3…try as I might I still struggle mixing brands… Just a vanity thing obviously! Perhaps one day I won’t bother what it looks like!?

Grace
    Free Member

The other ones I’ve tried…. And think I may go back to…. Are the new style Bontrager 29-4..at least on the front… Might try to match up with a 29-2 or 3…try as I might I still struggle mixing brands… Just a vanity thing obviously! Perhaps one day I won’t bother what it looks like!?

IA

ikon front, crossmark rear is a very fast and surprisingly grippy 29er combo, bit lightweight for my build, but if you’ve more of a trail and less of a AM build it might suit? Probably not for a month or two mind weather wise…

Maxxis are also making 29er high rollers now…

dlr

Four rides down on mine including a Gorrick xc race, so far so good, minor tinkering required but its quick 🙂

Orangejohn
    Free Member

Great bike, I got one of the last Large available from Charlie.
    The Grey is Green in my opinion (I suspect quite a clash on Sambobs build with red hub Hope Hoops) a very unusual colour and I’m still in two minds whether I like it or not.

Very short stem required – 50mm Renthal on mine.

The bike is not that easy to Manual although better technique helps.
    (Only snag is if you swap bikes a lot and forget – the same amount of oomph and your wheel is a lot higher than you wanted!)

Overall very, very pleased and a big thanks to Sambob (who I don’t know). A friend saw his post on here and alerted me to the frame on offer at Charlies.

I bought a Large and on my reccomend another friend bought the last Med – the power of STW.

Grace
    Free Member

I agree difficult to manual (I should say more difficult – for the most part it’s user error on my behalf) – and I miss the pro pedal a bit (I have changed to a CCDB air) – but really it’s all good. A silly amount of fun downhill and on flowy singletrack…!

Here’s mine in an earlier guise…I now how 140mm White Bros Loops, CCDB air…

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘I bought a new frame today – Horsethief content’ is closed to new replies.