Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • I am now officially over-biked and a Nicolai owner
  • Nicknoxx
    Free Member

£900 poorer but I now have more bike than I’ll ever be able to live up to. It was cheap because it’s got some really bad cable rub (not through the metal but a significant dip) which I’ve covered with self-amalgamating tape to make sure it doesn’t get any worse and the rear wheel is a cheap one because the original Rohloff one got sold. 31 lbs inclusive. All in all a very happy bunny.

camo16
    Free Member

Nice…

Next, you need to post videos of you as a radical, gnarly mofo on that beast… 😉

kayak23

You could tidy up your borders a little.

Ambrose

Forget the borders- well done on buying the Helius 🙂 Now all you need to do is ask yourself where to ride it. I’ve had mine for almost five years and I’m still really enjoying it.

_tom_
    Free Member

Is £900 considered cheap for a Nicolai? There goes my hopes of getting an Ion16 then 🙁

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

I’ve only seen one full bike for less and that had a scratch on the fork stanchions and a few other issues.

alexathome
    Free Member

Oh dear, isn’t that Ray’s old bike, I’ll bet that rear shock’s taken a pounding!

therealhoops
    Free Member

[sigh] I miss my FR 😥
    If you need any spanky new HK1512 bush bearings still in their packet then let me know. I’ve got a few left over that you can have for next to nowt.

Bregante

Good choice!

[/url] Untitled by redmancunian69, on Flickr[/img]

therealhoops
    Free Member

well if we’re turning this into a Nic thread then…

Ambrose
    Nicknoxx
    Free Member

It is Ray’s old bike but he’s no lardier than me so it will continue to get a battering!

patriotpro
    Free Member

I’m not being funny here (for the sensitive spys that lurk) but i fail to see what’s so special about that bike.

Is it a brand-lust thing?

duntstick
    Free Member

I’m sure they ARE different but……… 8)

Something to do with ‘vorsprungdurchtechnik’ apparently.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I think Nicolais look great in smaller sizes and brighter colors. When large and dalk they look a bit crap IMO.

Taz

Nice.

If it was Ray’s I assume you ride in Bristol area. Plenty of tough enough stuff around that will be perfect for that bike. Pikes are also brilliant forks

I have had 4 Nicolai’s (2 FR (1st one stolen 🙂 ) a CC and a recenmtly acquired AM that replaced the 2nd FR

Finances permitting will unlikley get anything else.

Enjoy 🙂

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

I think Nicolais look great in smaller sizes and brighter colors. When large and dalk they look a bit crap IMO.

It’s REALLY not about the looks. If ever there was a bike that put function before form, the Nicolai is it.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

My wife has just asked “How long does your bike have to stay in the living room?”

answers on a postcard . . .

Bregante

Tell her

“if you don’t like it, you don’t have to go in there”

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Welcome

Since everyone else is…..

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Tell her

“if you don’t like it, you don’t have to go in there”

She has suggested that I and the bike move out!

therealhoops
    Free Member

They are unbelievably good bikes. If the powder coaters had have shot blasted mine with bricks I’d still be riding one today. Form follows function.

Bregante

She has suggested that I and the bike move out!

That’s just ridiculous, I mean where would you store it?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘I am now officially over-biked and a Nicolai owner’ is closed to new replies.