Home Forums Bike Forum Hunt wheels replacement end cap seals

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hunt wheels replacement end cap seals
  • thenorthwind

Trying to find replacement seals for the end caps on my Hunt hubs. The ones on the front particularly have perished and one has split completely, which is probably why the bearings have failed.

They’re a rectangular cross-section with a lip rather than a simple O-ring, like this:

Struggling to find a match, but I might be using the wrong terms… what’s a seal like this called?

I asked Hunt, who were about as much use as I suspected… suggested buying new end caps at £16 a pair (and throwing the perfectly good old ones out, presumably), and if not measuring the seal and looking on Amazon. They were unable to give me any details about the seals themselves.

thenorthwind

So the forum image hosting seems not to be working, nor does editing… back to imgbb then:

seal

Edit (turns out I was looking in the wrong place for the edit button!) to point out that the lip is on the outside.

iwbmattkyt
    Free Member

Interestingly a couple of months ago I contacted hunt over chat about the same thing, they said if I ordered bearing and put in the order notes about the dead seals they would sort me out a replacement. I never took them up on it as I’ve been off the bike and not had time for maintenance since. ?‍♀️

thenorthwind

Interesting. Would be worth buying the bearings from them if they would chuck some seals in too. There’s no spec on them so I assume they’re just no-name carbon steel though.

thenorthwind

Interestingly a couple of months ago I contacted hunt over chat about the same thing, they said if I ordered bearing and put in the order notes about the dead seals they would sort me out a replacement.

Just asked them about this, and they told me again that they’re not available separately.

Spent enough time looking at pictures of seals on the internet now, so will just try and find some O-rings that fit unless anyone else has any inspiration?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.