Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Hunt customer service – thumbs up
  • dirkpitt74

Ordered a set of wheels New Years day from Hunts used section.

Ordered the Trail Wide in 650 non-boost with Shimano freehub.

The front wheel would be freshly built with a lightly used rear – happy with that for £120 discount.

So wheels arrived last Friday afternoon.
    Opened them up and pulled out a sparkly new front – all good so far…..
    Rear wheel however was boost with an XD drive.

Quick online chat with Hunt and it was a case of leave it with us over the weekend and we’ll sort something out.

Monday had an email apology and confirmation that a new wheel would be sent out ASAP and collection of wrong wheel would be arranged.

Missed the delivery Tuesday as Mrs had to go out while I was at work.

Had confirmation of DHL picking wheel up yesterday morning – which they did at around 11:00 and DPD delivered replacement at 13:30.

Only sign of used on the rear is where the valve nut has marked the rim – other than that it’s mint.

Great service 👍

submarined
    Free Member

If appreciate if a few less of these stories appeared thanks, they’re not helping my overwhelming temptation to put down a deposit on a Privateer 161.

theboyneeds
    Free Member

I was going to post something similar. Just ordered some wheels from them. Spoke to a chap called Ian a couple of times because my order was slightly out of the ordinary.

He was absolutely brilliant and sorted me out. Wheels arrived 36 hours after ordering.

I’ll be going back for more.

russyh
    Free Member

I meant to post exactly this up.  I purchased a pair of their trail wides and had a problem with the freehub.  Had a replacement sent to me the following day.  No questions asked.  Proper impressed

spanishfly
    Free Member

Hi

I have a similar story. I purchased a pair of trail wide 650s and a 29″ rear arrived with a 650 front. Within 48hrs Hunt had it swapped out and the wrong one uplifted.

Poor QA is triumphed by after sales service.

On that basis I wouldn’t hesitate to return my custom

bruneep

what he said ^

Big-Bud
    Free Member

So looking above there getting things wrong -a lot-sending wrong items out and still getting praised for what is a bang average wheelset and quite a high price for the quality of parts used.

nedrapier

I’d say about right for the price rather than bang average. And “about right + good support” trumps “better + who knows where you might be” in my book.

Edit: personal experience: 20h from pressing “confirm” on Trail Wides to having them in my hands, no need to bother CS in 5 months riding.

tenfoot

Edit: personal experience: 20h from pressing “confirm” on Trail Wides to having them in my hands, no need to bother CS in 5 months riding

My experience also. And the tyres I put on went up, tubeless with no bother either. I just used a track pump.

Very happy with them.

gribble
    Free Member

Very happy with mine. I work for an e-commerce company, so know the logistics of getting orders out on time is not always straight forward. However, I thought their delivery service was great (which in my view is one of the first steps of customer service).

I ordered mid afternoon and had my wheels by mid-morning the next day. Tyres fitted (tubeless went up a breeze) and they were ready to go later that day.

I’d order from them again.

tops5
    Free Member

Another thumbs up here. Mine arrived with the wrong freehub (suspected it was my fault). After a quick email exchange new freehub arrived next day with a prepaid label to send the other one back.

forge197
    Free Member

The only pair I ever ordered came with a faulty freehub it wouldn’t freely back pedal, so sent them back for a refund which was dealt with promptly which was good 🙂 that said they should have been QA’d before being sent out somewhere in the process.

bonobo
    Free Member

Kinda sounds like we should be praising Hunt’s delivery company, they seem to be doing the good work here.

ogden
    Free Member

I don’t own any hunt wheels but it does make me laugh how it only ever seems to be people who don’t who always claim them to be crap or average!

You can’t beat good customer service and fast shipping!

Oblongbob

They were brilliant with me. Rebuilt rear wheel for me when flat spotted rim riding the west highland way. I said I was a bit surprised as I didn’t think I’d hit anything that hard. They picked wheel up, rebuilt with new rim, sent back to me promptly with an explanation about the alloys they use and the relevant strengths etc. I think they changed alloys in the trail wides to make them tougher. May have had an early one with softer alloy, maybe not, but the service was brilliant and no problems since. I’ve now got another set for my other bike. Again, no problems with them.

fanatic278
    Free Member

My wheel suffered three spoke breakages, but Hunt refunded the cost to replace them without quibble. After the third spoke went (within a year) it seemed apparent there was something fundamentally wrong, so they sent me a whole new wheel…. to Australia! It arrived in 3 days thanks to DHL.

Maybe they do break a bit more often than other brands, but I am happy to pay the extra few £ over Chinese wheels to get that customer service.

w00dster

Hunt wheel owner here….not used customer service, but they’re just average wheels for a fairly average price. I didn’t expect anything other than what I got.
    They’re not aero or particularly light, but do the job fine. The marketing does say they are aero and light, but they’re not. Happy enough for the price.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I bought the Aero Light Disc road wheels. They arrived 24hrs later and transformed bike. There again they replaced a set of Shimanos that weighed a kilo more. Admittedly I’d also wenttubeless at the same time but still they made riding more pleasant. No complaints so far.

dcl

Another heads up for Hunt wheels. Had an issue with a free hub and they sent a replacement straight away after a brief message on their facebook page. About to get a set for my road bike.

13thfloormonk

Have become more interested after they released their new aero-wide rim brake road wheels. As a completely over-the-top upgrade for my summer road bike, they look ace and competitive with anything else I’ve seen at the price with the advantage of UK backup.

That being said, why do people think there are so many stories of spokes breaking? Are Pillar spokes weak, are the wheels poorly built, or just too light for the use people are putting them to?

I don’t mind buying a wheelset that needs an occasional glance at the spoke tensions, not ideal of course, my Fulcrums have just soldiered on un-loved, but for a Sunday best wheelset a little bit of TLC now and then is no hardship.

Also, Hunt made an excellent post over on Road.cc defending themselves against accusations of just re-stickering Chinese rims and lacing them to Nova-tec hubs etc.

ductions
    Free Member

Also had great customer service from Hunt last week when I changed my mind about the wheels I ordered and they’d sent me. After a chat on their online chat they sorted me out and a day or so later rang me to let me know they were sending my new wheels out. All around new year as well.

13thfloormonk

oh and I feel I should give Pacenti a shout for very similar levels of customer service, they sent me a disc Forza instead of a rim brake Forza. Called them next day, new rim in post with collection label for old rim enclosed. Easy-peasy.

ogden
    Free Member

my Fulcrums have just soldiered on un-loved

I’ve just changed some bearings in my stepdads fulcrum wheels and half the bearings had the wrong codes on them!

nicko74

So looking above there getting things wrong -a lot-sending wrong items out and still getting praised

Perhaps, but have you ever tried to get this level of service from other online stores that screw up? They should all do this, but don’t…

russyh
    Free Member

Don’t feed the trolls Nicko 😂

fanatic278
    Free Member

That being said, why do people think there are so many stories of spokes breaking? Are Pillar spokes weak, are the wheels poorly built, or just too light for the use people are putting them to?

In my case the cause of spoke breakages was due to a sharp angle between the spoke and nipple on the rear non-drive side. The nipples near enough exited the spoke holes at 90°, whereas the spokes come in at much more of an angle. This created stress at the end of the nipple and that’s where all my spokes snapped. The replacement wheel didn’t have this problem, the nipples exit the spoke holes at the same angle as the spokes.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Hunt customer service – thumbs up’ is closed to new replies.