Home Forums Bike Forum Hudski Doggler

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hudski Doggler
  • jupiter
    Free Member

Is there anything like this available in the UK? Hudski only in USA at the moment. Marin DSX is similar, also the Muirwoods. maybe i should wait for the new Boardman TRVL?

slowol

It looks fairly similar to a few rigid mountain or adventure bikes, and quite pricy for an alloy frame.
    Similarish that I can think of quickly are Brother Big Bro, Surly Karate Monkey, Sonder Frontier. See also bikes from Bombtrack, Velo Orange, Shand and possibly Salsa.
    Is there a specific feature of the doggler that you can’t find on other bikes?

jupiter
    Free Member

It’s aluminium not steel. I like the geometry of it. It’s a flatbar bike, not a dropbar bike with flatbars and too short a toptube/reach. I like the look of it and the thinking behind it. Some bikes are a bit like it, but the more you look into it all the others aren’t good enough.

faustus

I agree, the Hudski looks really good, and it has a really good balance of geometry nuances that set it apart from rigid 29ers and flat bar gravel bikes. The alloy frame is a key point too, something light but practical and specific for it’s design purpose. Very different to a 3kg Big Bro or Surly. The boardman looks pretty good, as long as the tyre clearance is good. Though I don’t see the value of 30mm of suspension for the extra expense, put that’s just my preference.

jupiter
    Free Member

True, no need for the suspension fork. There is something about that Hudski that ticks a lot of boxes, and probably is the bike more of us should be riding.  Stooge Scrambler comes close, but heavy steel frame and fork. I do notice the weight.

Clink

Thread resurrection! New model is the Dualist https://bikepacking.com/bikes/hudski-dualist-intro/

I’ve chatted to them a bit and they are trying to bring some into the UK for autumn/sprng.

Reminds me a bit of my old Ragley TD1.  I’m hoping to pick one up for bikepacking.

fossy

Ohh the 90’s are back.

faustus

^^that sentiment comes out a fair bit (see thread about new Boardman)

It’s only true on a surface level though: geometry, wheel/tyre size, improved componentry tech, are the main and significant differences. If it was just a cynical re-hash of a 90’s bike it’d be a fair comment, but it’s a long way from that. Having an All Terrain Bike developed in a considered way that covers many bases, is a good trend to be coming through.

The other difference is that 90’s mtbs were an all rounder by default, they were marketed as ‘mountain’ bikes and that’s where their development ultimately went over the following decades. These are being marketed for exactly what they look to be good for, and the more the better.

I’d still like a Doggler or Dualist too – especially if it was on C2W.

jupiter
    Free Member

That’s interesting, choices is good. Boardman or wait for the Hudski?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.