Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • HTC One M8 v iPhone 5s
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

HTC M8 or Galaxy S5 definitely. M8 has vastly superior sound quality when listening to music compared to the S5, but the S5 has a better camera and the added bonus of being waterproof. Both However are identical Specs wise. And i just can’t get on with touchwiz compared to Sense.

Missus has just got the S5 and i have just got the M8.

Never buy an iphone, the fact when my missus’s 4S broke for no reason after 9 months and she had to book an appointment at the Apple store in Manchester (20 miles from Blackburn) put here off. She was offered a Early upgrade and got a Galaxy S3 and it was faultless, so she upgraded to the S5. My HTC One S was brilliant up untill the final month when i updated it and the WiFi became very poor and the battery rinsed itself after 8 hours.

Iphone 5s isn’t even on par with the Moto G specs wise and the Moto G is a good £350 cheaper than a 5s.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

ignore me

mikewsmith
    Free Member

no lorax

aphex_2k
    Free Member

yeah got it… bit slow. having a meat frenzy. nowt like a bbq in near tornado conditions!

I really haven’t felt android as clunky since much earlier versions. it’s bloody smooth now 38k on antutu

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lol ours in the garage, too f cold (though looks nicer than France currently)

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah got tour on too.

lorax

nope, I don’t get widgets (I think they’re stupid on my mac too), but the fact is that I just don’t like Android. I know it can be tweaked, because I have a Moto G that feels different, but I’ve got no interest in customising my phone, I just want it to work. Like I said, horses for courses – if you enjoy your HTC or Samsung or whatever that’s great for you, and if it’s cheaper than an iphone that’s even better.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

but the fact is that I just don’t like Android. I know it can be tweaked, because I have a Moto G that feels different, but I’ve got no interest in customising my phone, I just want it to work. Like I said, horses for courses

I think the point is that everyone is different, there is an Apple way which everyone must conform to (1 screen size, 1 layout, 1 method) then there is a way that works for anyone.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Perhaps if I had other Apple products it would make sense to use an iPhone but my only real experience was with an iPod and that awful cack better known as iTunes and how it screwed up my album collection when transferring all the tracks in the order Apple thought they should be in and storing random tracks in various folders.

There’s nowt wrong with drag n drop. It doesn’t need to be any more complicated than that.

I’m not sure what there isn’t to get with widgets though!

I’m happy, you’re happy. That’s pretty much the end of the story eh? 😀

dannybgoode

The new Nokia Lumia 930 as a third option. Runs Windows Phone 8.1, superb screen and killer camera.

Comes with free wireless charging plate and wireless speaker until end of July.

WinPho had most of the big apps now and its very nice to use.

It is also the first WinPho device I have seen that gets universally good reviews. WinPho had come so far with 8.1 it is unrecognisable from earlier efforts.

lorax

I’m not sure what there isn’t to get with widgets though!

I’m happy, you’re happy. That’s pretty much the end of the story eh?

yep, I’m happy, and I’m delighted that you are too 🙂

[the thing with widgets is that they insert a different functional model into the system. I understand why they do, but on a small constrained interface like a phone it upsets my sense of order. On my mac I object because it feels weird to have to switch from my standard desktop, where things mostly work in a certain kind of way, to one that works in a different way. I’m perfectly capable of handling the cognitive switching task, but it feels clumsy and unnecessary to have it imposed on me]

aphex_2k
    Free Member

A different functional model? I really hadn’t thought of it so deeply. Pretty much the same as sausages. I like them. I eat them. That’s as heavy as it gets bro!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

On my mac I object because it feels weird to have to switch from my standard desktop, where things mostly work in a certain kind of way, to one that works in a different way.

WTF?

phone, touchscreen of 4″ or so, no keyboard
    desktop, big monitor of I dunno, 28″, keyboard, mouse

lorax

like I said, horses for courses…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lorax – Member
    like I said, horses for courses…

Seems to be one of the principles behind android, you could set it up to look/feel like ios if you really wanted (no widgets, icons in a grid only etc.) or you could do something different.

It’s not wrong to like marmite and it’s not wrong to hate it 🙂 Just imagine being a marmite hater and finding it was the only thing available.

traildog
    Free Member

My question is, if the first iPhone came out with Widgets and then something came out later without it, would that later thing be seen as something better?

The idea is to get to the information you wish with as little faffing as possible. So if the weather is of great importance to you, for example, then put a weather widget on a page so you can get to it quicker then having to go through all your apps.

I think the Windows phone idea of the titles is really good for this and ahead of both Android and iOS.

dannybgoode

WinPho with Live Tiles is excellent – even better now there is the notification centre as well.

Carphonewarehouse are doing the Lumia 930 with unlimited calls and texts 1gb data, wireless charging plate, bluetooth speak and £100 cashback (no strings) for £33p/m. I am ordering mine today…

loddrik
    Free Member

Had a little play with a Windows phone lumia the other day. I was impressed. Nicer than android IMO. I hope it gains more traction than it has now. Plus now they own Nokia they should be able to offer an ios like experience where the handset is absolutely streamlined into the OS. I love ios and my whole family uses it but if I had to migrate I’d seriously look at Windows.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I suppose to put a bike analogy in, Android is like buying an off the peg bike then upgrading and tweaking it to your personal liking. iPhone is like buying a Specialized bike and just liking it the way it is with no upgrades or tweaks.

Anyways this really isn’t going anywhere. The iphone lovers will never like Android and vice versa. I do think Apple phone products sell less now in comparison so draw your own conclusions there.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

a friend of mine (who had iphones since iphones were released) bought an android phone, and proceeded to fill the homescreen with folders, each with four apps seemingly quite randomly grouped, so the homescreen looked exactly like the app drawer but more confusing. never quite saw the point myself. anyway, after that he bought another iphone.

which is a roundabout way of saying there’s no accounting for taste

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘HTC One M8 v iPhone 5s’ is closed to new replies.