Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Howies Dyfi jacket £23.40 at Wiggle
  • tinribz
    Free Member

XXL is only 44ish, more like XL.

Jamie
    Free Member

As mentioned earlier, they do size small, hence me having a medium when usually a small, so you might be ok with XXL.

Free returns, so not the end of the world if it don’t fit.

mrben101
    Free Member

I’m usually an xl’s in howies stuff. I did order an XXL in orange before I posted though 🙂

boxelder

I’ve an xL in Turkish delight billy ocean blue ……..and it LEAKS LIKE A TEABAG.
    Whilst I normally love a good tea bag, this is frankly not what I expected for a quarter ton.
    Yours for £38.52.
    Inflation’ s a bee-atch.
    Really.

molgrips
    Free Member

Surely it’s a windproof, and is not intended to be waterproof in any way? Not sure you checked the description boxelder…?

leeroybrown
    Free Member

Thanks just ordered a large

boxelder

I know it’s not waterproof.
    I was just making sure some others knew.
    I’m fine with it – fully meets expectations.
    I live in the Lakes where it never rains anyway.
    (p.s. I know it’s the wettest place in England).

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Bargain! Chars

dekadanse
    Free Member

I have an XL and it’s fantastic. Bought S/H one here (£20 I think).
    Comfortable yes, windproof yes, waterproof – no of course not, but it does dry out in about 10 minutes. Can’t knock it.

zilog6128

ta OP!

iainc

yay, blue one just arrived, to compliment my existing orange one 🙂 very versatile piece of kit I reckon, and well suited to mtb riding in variable Scottish conditions.

I reckon my Gore Countdown Gilet will either be hitting the classifieds or relegated to road only duties shortly 🙂

budgierider67

Cheers for the heads up. Just received a blue size M and it fits great (5’8″ with a 38″ chest).

tinribz
    Free Member

XXL Black arrived, pefect fit, usually go for 42/44 stuff. Ideal for commuting – walking from and to station!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Mine came the other day. Didn’t realise it had the more breathable panels on it, so pleasant surprise there. Only thing that could maybe be a bit better is a few more reflective bits. On the whole though pretty happy with it (without having actually worn it yet!) especially for £23.

zilog6128

Just received mine. Seems great for the price; very pleased!

MoreCashThanDash

Pleased with mine. They do size up snug though. Yet to test whether it has any shower repelling abilities, but quick drying and windproof will do for me.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Dam you, mine’s on it’s way now, not fussed about waterproof, just wanted a winter top to wear when the grounds muddy to avoid getting soaked through from behind.

benp1

Saw the price at Wiggle independently of STW and bought one a little while ago. Bought a large orange one, normally a medium but bought a size up.

Fit is quite good, relatively slim cut but not massively so. Arms are long enough for me at 6’2 if I’m not too leant over, but a full arms out stretch will have the arms riding up.

Doesn’t pack up as small as a montane featherlite shirt and would also like more reflective stuff on it. Has some softer more stretch fabric which will probably help breathability but not so good for water resistance. Not used it in anger yet

Jamie
    Free Member

Mine came the other day. Didn’t realise it had the more breathable panels on it, so pleasant surprise there. Only thing that could maybe be a bit better is a few more reflective bits. On the whole though pretty happy with it (without having actually worn it yet!) especially for £23

I ordered another one in orange, and it seems they have reduced the reflective bits by about 60% on the new versions. Other than that, they’ve added a double sided zip on the stash pocket and a little pocket insert in there to hold your generic phone/mp3 player in place.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Looks like a pretty good jacket for running and as an emergency stash and forget jacket in the MTB pack for autumn/spring rides.

I’ll stick to my softshell for winter riding.

Tempted to buy a second one at this price so I can have one for running and one for cycling though!

birney29
    Free Member

“Tempted to buy a second one at this price so I can have one for running and one for cycling though! “

Good to see someone fighting the good fight against mindless consumerism.

scandal42
    Free Member

This or an Endura Laser 2?

c_klein87

i got mine, fit seems quite big for a medium! maybe i’m a rake….great for milder winter xc rides. not many sizes left now

MrSalmon
    Free Member

“Tempted to buy a second one at this price so I can have one for running and one for cycling though! “

Good to see someone fighting the good fight against mindless consumerism.
    That’s a bit harsh. I’ve got a few duplicates of things I could share across stuff, but I reckon it’s sharing the load, and as an added bonus you get to avoid stuff like putting wet minging stuff on sometimes.

stumpy01

c_klein87 – Member
    i got mine, fit seems quite big for a medium! maybe i’m a rake….great for milder winter xc rides. not many sizes left now

I was gonna get one, but wasn’t sure whether a medium would be too small.
    I’m about a 39″ chest with fairly broad shoulders, which is where i normally struggle with cycling stuff.
    Wondering whether to give it a go and just send back if not the right size.

nemesis
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/planet-x-xls-cyclocross-frame-fork-and-headset-size-54-380-posted

birney29 – Member
    Selling a Planet X XLS cyclocross frame, fork and headset.
    Full carbon. All black. Size 54cm

Frame is currently built up but I have ridden it less than 100 miles. Not a mark on it. Great bike, I just have a hankering for another steel frame.

People in glass houses 😉

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Just checked and they had more stock earlier so ordered myself one, was looking at one anyway so gotta be worth a go at pretty much half price

MoreCashThanDash

May not be properly waterproof but definitely shower and drizzle proof. And not too “boil in the bag” either. One of my better £23 cycling purchases

wrightyson
    Free Member

Love mine, bought on the back of this psa. Kept it for going out in, sod wearing on the bike!

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Anyone had the cinch cord snap on these? Contacted Howies to see if they could sort it out for me but they’ve passed the buck to Wiggle.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

As they should and will.

Contact Wiggle, you might get your £23 back.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Anyone had the cinch cord snap on these? Contacted Howies to see if they could sort it out for me but they’ve passed the buck to Wiggle.

That is who your contract is with under the SOGA. So I’d contact Wiggle.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Howies Dyfi jacket £23.40 at Wiggle’ is closed to new replies.