Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Howarth restaurant recommendations please
  • MadBillMcMad

At the w/e we are doing a little 2 day expedition to Howarth, stopping off at the YHA.

Can you you recommend a restaurant – indian is good.

What is the Old Hall Inn like – looked good last time I popped in.

totalshell

Haworth Tandorri even has a novel named after it.. and i spelt it Howarth for the first 3 years..

failedengineer

Weavers is fab, but you may have to book. It’s a wine bar / restaurant with a Yorkshire theme (pies and proper puds etc.) It’s quite famous in them parts.

john_drummer
    Free Member

not that famous. I live about 10 miles from Haworth & I’ve never heard of it (Weavers, that is. I’ve heard of Haworth. I’ve even been there)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have heard of it and I live 35 miles away.

In fact I have eaten there.

It was quite nice but the table was a bit cramped.

http://www.weaversmallhotel.co.uk/ they really need to proof check their website though. Dreadful.

oxnop
    Free Member

I live a 2 min drive from Haworth. I’d avoid the takeaways in Haworth.

Old Hall is ok but it’s just like any other cheap’ish pub.

If your driving, I’d drive 5 mins out of Haworth and eat at the Grouse Pub which is on the tops above Stanbury. You may need to book though as the food is lovely so always very busy.

MadBillMcMad

spelling noted.

weavers looks a bit posh for three hairy bikers – we will be clean but we may be restricted in the wardrobe department.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

weavers looks a bit posh for three hairy bikers – we will be clean but we may be restricted in the wardrobe department.

They do a biker’s night so I am sure they would cater for you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Howarth restaurant recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.