Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How to get street view on new Google maps?
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

Anyone?

Used to be you could just zoom in on the map and double click where you wanted to be in street view. Now it seems you have to zoom in and out waiting for the images to load at the bottom and hope that one of them is where you want to go.

Thanks

Yours,

A. Imbecile (Rtd)

ohnohesback
    Free Member

You need to grab the peg man and put him where you want to see. I think.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Oh ffs. Talk about making things harder. Just tried to grab the ‘peg man’ and it zoomed me off 200 miles away.

russianbob
    Free Member

Click the road you want the view of. Top left will show an address and a pic, click the pic.

Harry_the_Spider

It’s bobbins. The old simpler one was much better.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s bobbins. The old simpler one was much better.

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3045828?hl=en

Harry_the_Spider

Ta.

GrahamS

I’ve always used the “drop the peg man” technique (didn’t know you could double-click instead) but they do seem to have ballsed it up on the new Maps as I get the same problem with it suddenly zooming out to a full county view when I pick him up, which isn’t very helpful.

On the other hand the new 3D buildings and tiltable maps are amazing – they’ve got some great detail in Newcastle with even the struts of the bridges rendered separately!

slowoldman

Peg man always takes me back to the place I first entered Street View!!

scotroutes

I just double click on the Google Earth imagery. Works every time

jambourgie
    Free Member

Thanks all. Apparently you can revert ‘more permanently’ to the old maps.

While it’s good to rant, I’ve got to give it to the dark overlords Google; google maps/street view is one of the most amazing things ever.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How to get street view on new Google maps?’ is closed to new replies.