Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How rough do you big guys get on Crest 29er rims?
  • slowboydickie

Are there any horror stories out their? My last Crest 29er wheelset went out of true very quickly but I suspect that was more to do with buying from a crap wheel builder.

I am deciding on whether to get a build done with Crest or Arch.

Cheers
    Rich

weeksy

As rough as my balls will allow.

I’m on the heavy side of MTBers, but they’re great on anything i’ll throw at them.

Simpsan
    Free Member

92kgs and I can feel Crests deflect, now get builds done with Arches and have no issues

singlecrack
    Free Member

Bit more flexy than My arch rims but still very good …..like I’ve said before a lot of it is down to the build

Paceman
    Free Member

No problems with mine, they’re Hope Hoops Pro2 Crest 29ers, ridden hard locally and for trips to Afan, Brechfa, Coed-Y-Brenin, Snowdon etc.

hillsplease

At 111kg this morning I am going to Arch particularly for the rear and to this end have a new Hoop in Arch for the front of my ‘day to day’ bike. Also if you side load a Crest badly enough it’ll never come true again, but doesn’t snap unlike the Giant rim. They take a bit of work to keep true riding in the Peak.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How rough do you big guys get on Crest 29er rims?’ is closed to new replies.