Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • How on earth do you buy olympics tickets.
  • ianpinder
    Free Member

It seems so so complicated?

any tips.

They say there are events available but then I can not seem to find any tickets for them?

Rio

You just have to keep trying. It seems to take them a while to update the site after the tickets have been sold, so when you search stuff appears that you can’t actually have.

crazy-legs

My Mum is quite interested in getting a Day Pass to the Olympic Park (just for a wander round and soak up the atmosphere, not specifically for any event) so I’ve created an online account for her and started searching but it seems like an exercise in frustration. Doesn’t seem particularly intuitive…

footflaps

Just try endlessly, you’ll get there eventually.

footflaps

Having said that, I just logged on 10 mins ago and got some track tickets first try!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’ve been trying on & off all day – stuff all so far

br
    Free Member

It can’t be that hard, the wife has some 😉

footflaps

Just luck with timing, 15 mins ago they put a load up for all the track session, 1 min later, they’re all gone.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

doesn’t help that I’m ordering for 4

djglover
    Free Member

There are a fair amount up at the moment, if you want to pay >£400 to watch the key track events that is.

I would pay £100 to watch the mens 5000m, but not £400

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

even if you select the top end tickets, still don’t get any

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Track tickets all gone now. Missed out by seconds.

annoyed.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I have got some good tickets for the Paralympics in the stadium though 😀

They seem to be selling fast now and are a fraction of the price – top stadium seats only £45 each!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

At least the venues all seem to be full now

footflaps

We paid £450/seat for some re-issued VIP area seats in the Main Stadium last night – was pretty awesome. 80,000 people cheering for the Women’s 10k final was incredible.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Seen this doing the rounds on that Twitter:

2012 Ticket Alert

Just been bigged up by Times journo Caitlin Moran, so I’m assuming it’s legit.

billyboy
    Free Member

I don’t know but the Saxe-Coburgs seem to have been remarkably lucky with their allocation of tickets

freeagent
    Free Member

been trying ever since the games began.. I think the quantities being released are tiny, and are being chased by Millions of people.

Got some good stuff for the Paralympics though – day pass for park, evening athletics, day at brands watching the cycling TTs…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘How on earth do you buy olympics tickets.’ is closed to new replies.