Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • How much would it cost in an LBS…
  • Northwind

To service a cup-and-cone rear hub which had been poorly serviced and needed new bearings in one side, the grease changed and then adjusted? I've just had to do this with a used set of wheels I've bought and though it's no biggy and the races are luckily OK I'm a bit annoyed at the seller's "Very good condition" so I'm going to chase a part refund off him 😉 Don't think he can reasonably claim ignorance, the entire axle was loose in the wheel. I don't want an inflated cost or anything, just a fair price to balance off the inconvenience and time it's cost me and the trivial cost of the bearings.

walla24
    Free Member

for bearings and grease/adjust….£10? only a 5min job if thats all is involved.

br
    Free Member

The only 10 min jobs are those assigned to other people…

£20-25 would be more like it.

Northwind

Cool, thanks folks.

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Do it your self?

Just done mine today – ordered some bearings from simply bearings.co.uk – £5 delivered.
    Took me under an hour to strip down, clean, re-grease and put it back together.

Northwind

I've already done it 😉 But I'm narked at the seller since he said "very good condition" but there's no way you could ride on it or even spin the wheel without knowing it was all wrong, the axle was spun off so it wouldn't even fit easily in a frame 🙄

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

id say between £15-£20 you never know what your going to find in there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How much would it cost in an LBS…’ is closed to new replies.