Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 140 total)
  • How much do you pay for a haircut?
  • theotherjonv

I admire the bravery of those that wind up the lunatic right wingers while they stand next to your ears with the sharpest scissors known to man!

£12 here, used to be £9.50 but went up by a pound and then they added a premium for scissor vs clippers. But you do get a beer or a decent coffee while you wait.

willard

£9 from the same bloke I have been going to for nearly 12 years. Before that it was £6 from a bloke I went to for ten years.

I value consistency.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

£10 for a Turkish head shave, but other than that, £0. As it’s a clippers job, with no guard.

konabunny
    Free Member

£3.99? Jesus, how do they even pay for electricity?

I pay £0.00. You don’t need to cut dreads much.

sharkbait
    Free Member

£9.50 every 6 weeks with John in the village or £14 100m down the road with the lovely laydeez.
    Our village is pretty small and yet it still manages to pack in 5 ‘hair dressers’!

jimjam
    Free Member

Wife does it with clippers. If I’m going to a wedding or something I’ll pay the £5.50 the place round the corner charges.

johni
    Free Member

My £5.50 a time barber died last year so now pay £10. That does include evening appointment so no sitting and waiting, wash, cut, chat, brew and “hair product” should I want any so not bad really.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Looks like you look have an average of £6-7 for a hair cut.

I’ll chuck in my cost and see if that bumps it up a bit shall we.

£62

Yup.

jimjam
    Free Member

johni

My £5.50 a time barber died last year so now pay £10. That does include evening appointment so no sitting and waiting, wash, cut, chat, brew and “hair product” should I want any so not bad really.

Last time I tried to “have a chat” with someone in a barbers I think Gary Glitter was on trial. So, mad woman behind me with scissors is describing how she would cut the balls off all paedos, and I’m trying to play devils advocate, but she doesn’t see it so just more and more emphatic that yes, she would, literally sign up to cut the balls off paedos for the government.

So then I try to engage her about the possible moral ambiguity of mutilating someone in a modern society. Finally she relents. “You’re right” she says, “I’ll shoot them all in the head”.

totalshell

i thought i had the cheapest spot in town pinned.. the guy who goes round the hospital wards in our local infirmary is 3.50.. but he tells me undertakers do them for free… to smarten you up a bit but only do the front..

drslow
    Free Member

Normally £13 in uk, £10.50 plus tip in Glasgow city centre, cheaper in outer areas.

Best haircut was in Italy. Guy used open bladed knife to shape my hair after cutting what seemed like each hair individually. Also got full hot towel treatment and much Italian noise and flair. My wife was waiting and was very impressed with the theatrics and end result. Cost about €20-€25

lunge

£9 from the Turkish fella’s in town. They open late and offer minimal chat which works for me. Occasionally I’ll add another £5 to that and get a shave but it depends on which barber I get, one is an absolute butcher with a cut throat!

cheekyget
    Free Member

£35 but that includes a back, sack and crack!!..ha ha ha

SaxonRider

After years of using a number 1 on myself, I decided to grow mine out. In the process, Mrs SR has become incredibly good with the haircut kit, and I don’t think I would trust a barber as much.

So mine’s still free. 🙂

dantsw13

£7 from the chap in my village, £10 with tip.

My cheapest was $2 from the barber school in San Diego. My mate in the chair next to me told the man what he wanted, to be told “sorry – I’m not trained on scissors yet!” 😯

hooli

£10, takes less time these days due to there being less hair to cut each time I go in…

cokie

£10 for a simple cut/style.
    £14 at the turkish place were it gets washed and my face gets steamed and I get a drink. They also set my ears on fire (literally) and use a cut throat shaver for my neck. Bit of an experience.

mark90
    Free Member

I used to pay about 3 quid back in the 90’s to be butchered at Jeds on Hyde Park corner in Leeds. But got a bottle of beer while you waited so was all good. Since then I’ve paid for one hair cut as my missus wouldn’t do it just before our wedding (or cut my hair 😉 ) think it was around 7-8 quid.

mattsccm
    Free Member

When my local barber increased his prices by 1/3 , £1.50 to £2.00 I felt that it was time extravagances were curbed. I knock the top off myself and the wife tidies it up with the clippers. Can’t get a number 2 on a rapidly balding head wrong.

midlifecrashes

I accept that going to the place on the High Street will have higher overheads so I’m resigned to paying my £3 for a buzz cut. Restyles are £3.99 and teh wimminz(and long haired blokes) pay £4.99.

rocketman
    Free Member

mrs rocket cuts it

Perceived cost = £0

allthegear
    Free Member

Ah – I remember the days of < £10 haircuts!!

Doing the whole trans thing is expensive – haircuts went from a few pounds to my last one which was just shy of £100.

AND the government stopped insurance companies giving me cheaper car insurance – damn life’s not fair!! 😉

Rachel

Edric64
    Free Member

£7 for a number one from an old Italian guy

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Mine cost me a fortune in fags, got me clippers with focus points – about twenty years ago

Daffy

£40 every 6-8 weeks.

Northwind

mattsccm – Member

Can’t get a number 2 on a rapidly balding head wrong.

LOLZ

Edric 64 – Member

£7 for a number one from an old Italian guy

LOLZ!

SaxonRider – Member

After years of using a number 1 on myself,

LOLOLOLOLOL!1!

Edric64
    Free Member

I knew the number I /2 joke would happen !!!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

£30 in my life I reckon

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

£13 + £2 tip, and thats inside the M25 in Surrey. Good value really.

Partner has her hair coloured trimmed styled etc etc, and the usual place has just gone up to £135. She’s found somewhere else which is a bargain at £100 😯

jambalaya
    Free Member

£35 in central London

Tracey

Been going to the same one for years, still costs me £10. I used to do Kevins with the clippers but has grown it this year and has started going to the same one as me. Costs him £10 although he did ask for a discount on the two.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I just shave the back and sides myself every couple of weeks; leave it long on top.

BoardinBob

£15 every two weeks. My hair grows like wildfire 😕

footflaps

Used to pay £15.50 every month, but for the last couple of years the wife has cut my hair with a £15 pair of clippers.

Cougar

Being a long-haired hippy git, I probably go about once every six months. Infrequent enough that I’ve no idea offhand what the cost is, probably sub-£10 with “keep the change” as a tip.

I go to a “unisex hairdresser” rather than a barber because I figure they’ve more experience with haircuts beyond the short back and sides / #2 all round. Plus I’d rather an attractive young lady fondle my bonce than some bloke who looks like a prop forward.

RustySpanner

£5 from this fella;

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DdYeEpPQboQ[/video]

Old buddy of Don Whillans too.
    Lovely bloke.

jemima
    Free Member

I was in desperate need of a haircut before a holiday (only a few years ago) so went for a wander along Alness high street when I worked there. All the ‘fancy’ ones were busy so kept walking until I got to the end of the street and there was a wee shop – looked like the inside of a shipping container (albeit plywood lined). Scary looking, but like I say, I was in need.
    Got my haircut. Got it cut again as wanted it shorter. How much? £1!! I left a £2 tip. It wasn’t the worst haircut I’d ever had.

Other than that my usual is £10 every so often (I have no hairstyle – just some hair which varies from short and smartish to long and scruffy) but my regular has moved so I now need to go through the terrifying experience of trying to find a new hairdresser…

Cougar

Do you still look like the leader of the Third Reich? Enquiring minds want to know.

bigblackshed

NEIN, NEIN, NEIN!!!!!!!

I’ve gone with the Italian Mafiosi / Hipster ****.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘How much do you pay for a haircut?’ is closed to new replies.