Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)
  • How much do you pay for a haircut?
  • Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

£30 (£26 + tip) for a skin fade & beard trim at Thy Barber, but only when I manage to get down to That London.

Pigface
    Free Member

Just had my hair cut, £10 plus tip and I am looking goooooood 😆

bothybiker
    Free Member

£17 in Edinburgh. They do a reasonable job so can’t complain too much.

Is tipping still a thing at the barbers?

PrinceJohn

Cost me £10 for my hipster hair and beard trim on Saturday

Xylene
    Free Member

About 90p at my local one near the house.

If I let the MrsQ do it, then it generally costs me an hour of my time, and a good fight as she is very very very slow at cutting my hair, and I eventually lose my rag at it taking so long.

I prefer spending the 90p these days to save my sanity.

aracer
    Free Member

£5 when I last paid for one. Actually that’s not quite true – £5 was what I usually paid, but it was £12 at the trendy barbers (with a table football table) where the kids get theirs done when I last paid.

If I can just hijack for a second, those who do it themselves, how do you deal with the bottom of the back? No problem with the rest of it, but that’s tricky and doesn’t always come out well.

Xylene
    Free Member

^

aracer
    Free Member

Not that sort of back 🙄

topdude
    Free Member

£8.50 which is genius as no-one is going to not give him £10! Not that i begrudge his tactic – he does a good job 🙂

taxi25
    Free Member

£4.50 to £8.00 depending where I go. One local barbers does free “trainee” haircuts. Quality of that can be very hit or miss 😯

DrJ

6 quid on Tottenham Court Road 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Local Turkish barbers charges £11 for hair and beard (I think it’s £7 for hair, and £4 for beard), which includes ear burning, cheek plucking, wash, and a lemon dressing. I always give them £15.

SaxonRider

bothybiker – Member
    £17 in Edinburgh. They do a reasonable job so can’t complain too much.

There is a place at the top of Leith Walk called Victoria Barbers that I have used on a few occasions. I was very happy with their work, and it was less than £17. IIRC, it was around £12.

And they have a parrot.

Marin
    Free Member

£9.50 plus big tip of 50p. Barber has a loyalty card 10th cut free. He remembers I don’t care about football, has new jokes every time and won Come Dine with Me!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

£6.50 for a 3 all over (with a bit of fringe left on) & as a bonus I often get to feel Traceys boobs. 😆

yunki
    Free Member

nowt (well… £10 for a set of wahl clippers about 25 years ago)

breadcrumb

£9.50 every 3 weeks.

It’s gone up quite quickly, which is just eating into the hairdressers tip as I always give a tenner anyways.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Wow, thread-resurrection.
    Found a new place which does it for a tenner. Never even considered a tip. Should I? At that price, its almost difficult to.
    Maybe the last cut of the year at Christmas…

timba
    Free Member

£8 to £10, haircut only

breadcrumb

Found a new place which does it for a tenner. Never even considered a tip.

Once mine hits a tenner there won’t be a tip except for Christmas. When it starts approaching £15 (£12-£13) it’ll probably be “keep the change”.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘How much do you pay for a haircut?’ is closed to new replies.