Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • How many rest days….
  • the_lecht_rocks

….do you take ?

and what’s your exercise intensity ?

coffeeking
    Free Member

When I was doing 34 miles commute each day (2×17 @ 1hr per direction) I was doing a one-day-on-one-day-off and finding I just recovered, muscularly.

jam-bo

about 6.5 days a week…

finbar
    Free Member

Usually 1 day a week, but i do a pilates class.

Mon – pilates / rest
    Tues – chaingang
    Weds – ride or run / yoga
    Thurs – run
    Fri – swim
    Sat – long club ride
    Sun – shake out ride

jonb
    Free Member

I take it easy two days a week, more if I’m starting to feel tired. But I still ride to work, just take it easy. One day I swim so it’s a bit different.

terrahawk
    Free Member

one day a week, sometimes 1 easier week in 4….at the moment though things are chaotic and I’m resting waaaaay too much. Well, not really resting, just doing other stuff :0(

KINGTUT
    Free Member

usually 1 day, usually a Monday.

Sunday ride
    Monday Rest
    Tuesday ride
    Weds swim
    Thurs ride
    Fri swim
    Sat ride.

the_lecht_rocks

kingtut – swim what distance ?

Keva
    Free Member

I rest on Saturdays.

Kev

jackthedog
    Free Member

Sorry for hijack…

Finbar, are you the same finbar that had the old mags off me? If so, where do you do Pilates? In Sheff?

finbar
    Free Member

Yep, that’d be me (thanks again for those!). I do pilates and yoga classes at the S10/Goodwin gym in Broomhill. The pilates teacher was fantastic but unfortunately it was her last class last week, so i’m not sure what the new one will be like. Jenn who does yoga on wednesday evenings is totes awesome though. 😀

KINGTUT
    Free Member

kingtut – swim what distance ?

Currently about 36 lengths or so per session 36 x 25m = 900m, doesn’t really sound a lot.

david_r
    Free Member

currently in the final training stage for IMUK. Was training 7 days a week but doing 20 hours+ training a week now and cant manage it without one rest day…which is today! Yay!!

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

David_r,

20 hrs a week is some training a week. When i start hitting late teens a week in winter im feeling pretty grim (cycling only)!

I Live on the IMUK cycling course in Bolton.

Going to love watching them triathalist’s ride up Sheephouse lane 3 times. The course is quick tough for a tri !

I bet loads get off and push !!!!!!!! 😆

I_Ache
    Free Member

My new training regeme (if you can call it that) will be:

Monday: 1-2h ride
    Tuesday: 16 mile each way commute
    Wednesday: 16 mile each way commute
    Thursday: 1-2h evening ride generally faster than mondays
    Friday: rest
    Saturday: kids
    Sunday: kids

But I am an overweight lazy git and have been commuting once a week for the past couple of months but havnt been able to do a Thursday ride for the past 3 months.

JonGW
    Free Member

Normally around 8 a week.

GTDave
    Free Member

Sunday – ride
    Monday to Saturday – rest 🙂

jackthedog
    Free Member

Yep, that’d be me (thanks again for those!). I do pilates and yoga classes at the S10/Goodwin gym in Broomhill. The pilates teacher was fantastic but unfortunately it was her last class last week, so i’m not sure what the new one will be like. Jenn who does yoga on wednesday evenings is totes awesome though.

Cheers for the info. I’ve been fancying pilates for a while and been wondering where to look. I’ll investigate further.

[/hijack]

jimmy

[/continue hijack]
    jackthedog – if you’re central check out thefitnessclubcentral above the graduate on Surrey Street. I used to do pilates there on a Wednesday lunchtime. The Gym doesn’t look much but its small and very friendly. Christine, the instructor / owner is ace, too. Here she is.

thefettler
    Free Member

Two days a week off the bike,
    used to have them consecutively but felt a bit stiff after two days rest
    so now i split them up.
    works for me !

joemarshall
    Free Member

I ride a bike somewhere most days, although maybe 1 day a week it is just popping down the shops, or riding to the next town to swim in the river (about 6 miles or so) or something else slack.

I do tend to walk or run somewhere most days, a lot of evenings we do 5 to 10 mile walks, usually in a hurry because we start them too late. Oh yeah and swimming. I count days when I don’t do much biking as rest days though, as they don’t seem to tire me out in the same way.

I had what was supposed to be a sort of rest day on Saturday – turned out that I needed to pop down the sports centre in the morning to check out their hall, which is the other side of the hill, meaning 5 miles of riding including a detour to pick up a parcel, then once I got there, I figured I’d have a go at indoor swimming, not having swum in a pool for a few years, did some intervals and stuff, ended up swimming 2500 metres (pool swimming is somehow much easier than proper swimming with currents and things, although having to turn round all the time is a pain), then come the afternoon, we were off up to Black Rocks with climbing shoes and running shoes, and I was given the task of tiring out a very energetic 10 year old, which meant an hour and a half of climbing rock slabs / going headfirst through caves too big for me to sensibly fit and then running up the steepest slopes we could find until we got to the top of Bole Hill.

Joe

jackthedog
    Free Member

[hijack]

jackthedog – if you’re central check out thefitnessclubcentral above the graduate on Surrey Street. I used to do pilates there on a Wednesday lunchtime. The Gym doesn’t look much but its small and very friendly. Christine, the instructor / owner is ace, too. Here she is.

Looks like an interesting place, cheers for the link.

[/hijack again]

D0NK

In winter 1 weekday (usually weds) 1 wkend day.
    Summer or anything approaching nice weather whatever fits round proper rides, i.e. a rest before a proper ride maybe a rest after if it was a killer. I ride wkends and weekdays when poss in summer.

mrsflash
    Free Member

at the moment I am riding either 3 or 4 days a week.

llama

something like:

mon run
    tues swim
    wed bike
    thurs run
    fri bike
    sat swim
    sun rest

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘How many rest days….’ is closed to new replies.