Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • How many miles you done in the past week?
  • uponthedowns
    Free Member

220 for me all on the road.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>hours/heights? Who cares? <

Few on here it would seem – too busy knocking in road miles

😉

trio25
    Free Member

None 🙁

fasthaggis

For real?? In miles???

That’s almost a thousand kilometers. That’s mental.

Elfin

You must have guessed it was not a normal week 🙂

Up to 632 now .
    So that’s 32 here and 600 over all the hills in Majorca last week 😉
    Hope it helps at 10under next month 🙂

bobblehat
    Free Member

115 miles … road and bikey tracks ….must try harder Eh? 🙂

Who cares? ❓ ….. more than one apparently …… including me! So, I’m in good company …… well ….. company anyway! 🙄

_tom_
    Free Member

About 70.

seanoc
    Free Member

I’m astounded by some of these distances in only a week….do you chaps with 200+ miles in a week successfully compete at a good level? Good on you though; although I’d love to know how fast some of you guys do the Twch trail, or similar benchmark, given the hours in the saddle.

I’m averaging about 13 hours running/riding a week, any more and I wouldn’t have time for owt else. Typically 250-300 miles a week. Havn’t been to cwmcarn in well over a year but usually stick in a couple of 55ish laps.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Well I managed 320km this week half road and half off road.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

.do you chaps with 200+ miles in a week successfully compete at a good level?

Nah. I chose the wrong parents to be a bike racer although I can keep up with a fast club bunch. 220 was quite a light week for me just now as I tapered slightly for the Cotswold Spring Classic Cyclosportive today which made up 107 miles of the 220 I did in the past week. I’m in training for La Marmotte. Reckon I could tear the legs off your average mountain biker just now though.

bobblehat
    Free Member

220 was quite a light week for me …..

🙄 Some might be impressed …. some not! 🙄

Reckon I could tear the legs off your average mountain biker just now though.

Reckon I could tear the legs off a KFC just now though! 👿

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Some might be impressed …. some not!

I really don’t give an sh1t whether you’re impressed or not.

Northwind

No idea at all, but they’ve been mostly good. Push-up downhill day at innerleithen (very small number of miles), rain-blasted short lap of Glentress, and 2 laps of Kielder Deadwater today. Oh and about 15 miles of commuting.

Jase
    Free Member

about 140, all but 20 offroad

Keva
    Free Member

90miles since finishing work Thursday eve.

Kev

jp-t853

About 75 for me 15 off road & 60 commuting but none at the weekend as I hurt my back pointing the house.

cookeaa

Managed about 85 miles all on the MTB over the Bank Hol’ not bad really fitted them in around BBQs, Toddler herding, and some DIY…

Apparently there’s something on the telly this Friday so I have an officially sanctioned “Day Pass” I’ve been told I can bugger off to Wales, disappear into the hills do whatever I fancy all day… Get in!!!

binners

About 75 for me 15 off road & 60 commuting but none at the weekend as I hurt my back pointing the house.

I read that as pointing AT the house. How can you hurt your back pointing at a house?

About 90 for me this week. Hoping to be making that a weekly figure

oldgit
    Free Member

During the week 740Km about 460 miles? all road though, but commuting not included. A bit of a one off though. That said I’ve got a 230 mile ride on Saturday.
    Doing high miles because I’m not racing this year.

Dibbs
    Free Member

130 miles (80 road miles)

D0NK

120ish all offroad, that would have been a very good week normally….but with the current weather it feels a little like I wasted the opportunity to do more but you know family stuff and that…

Dyffers
    Free Member

I chose the wrong parents to be a bike racer

😆 Me too. Doesn’t stop me trying though. 130 miles road – one ride last week. 44 miles offroad, mostly bridleway bashing locally, two rides over the weekend.

I’m trying to balance road training for Paris – Brest – Paris with roadie-moonlighting-offroad-skills training for Catton Park/Kielder/SSUK (do you even need to train for the latter?!).

I keep finding myself enjoying myself on the MTB. S’not on.

oldgit
    Free Member

Dyffers have you qualified for PBP? Its next year isnt it?. I was foing an SR this year, but the 600km dates I don’t think will be do’able.

RobinL

Just over a hundred here …. and that’s more than normal for me !

All on the only bike I own ( Mainstream manufacturers skills compenstator ) …..

I really think I don’t belong here …..

🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

RobinL
    Don’t say that, the folks doing high miles are doing them for specific reasons.

Dyffers
    Free Member

Dyffers have you qualified for PBP? Its next year isnt it?.

Not qual’d yet, 400k this weekend, 600k two weeks after that. I have pre-reg’d though as I did some ludicrous events last year.

PBP is August 2011.

This is my 5th year of SR+, and my 2nd time on PBP, so I’m a bit blase about the quailifers which will probably come back to bite me.

RobinL

Oldgit – I’m doing the miles for a specific reason too ….. I enjoy it ! 😀

Don’t worry I’ll still be a STW lurker !

oldgit
    Free Member

Dyffers, Severn Across?
    I’m having a go at audax for the first time this year, and had planned to do an SR straight away. However I decided to do this in the Spring, and I might not be able to commit to the dates.
    Next year though I’ll be better prepared, and plan to do my SR by entering all the Willesden CC events.
    BTW do you use a GPS?

RobinL you floomin cheeky so and so.

Dyffers
    Free Member

@oldgit

Brevet Cymru & Bryan Chapman. London’s further away and more boring scenery than Chepstow & Wales.

Garmin Etrex Legend HCx FTW

plop_pants
    Free Member

Best mileage for me was a couple of weeks ago, about 700 miles. Tour of Flanders followed by a week in Majorca.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘How many miles you done in the past week?’ is closed to new replies.