Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • How long do you use a baby monitor?
  • nealglover
    Free Member

Ours transmits constantly, but have set the volume low so the normal noises aren’t heard at all.

It’s on a bedside table about 30cm from my head all night and I can’t hear a thing unless he cries.

pondo

Fair enoughski, I thought it was a bit weird but apparantly not so much. 🙂 They have it set so you can hear every squeak, would do my head in but as long as they’re happy. 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

18 months and counting – we turned the sound off, she’s in the next room, if she cries we hear it – obviously it’s a video one with cool night vision.

Was useful the other day when she was sick and had puke all over the face and in her hair – many years from now a psychologist will be asking her about a recurring dream when she’s asleep but being held in the shower by daddy whilst mummy washes her hair ha ha.

mrblobby
    Free Member

, I thought it was a bit weird but apparantly not so much. They have it set so you can hear every squeak, would do my head in but as long as they’re happy.

Not all night surely? Now that wouldn’t be healthy for the parents given the amount of noise kids make when they’re sleeping.

gwaelod
    Free Member
    digger95
    Free Member

Re the bio monitoring – we have an Angel Care, its a sensor pad under the mattress which has an alarm should it not detect movement for 10 seconds or so. Works well, even at 6lb baby weight the sensor could pick up breathing, no false alarms. You can turn down the sound transfer so snuffling is removed. They aren’t cheap…13 months still using.

andythom28
    Free Member

My kids are now 26&24 and still use the monitors, down the garage for extra night security mind!

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

About 9 months for each of our two boys – mostly because that’s how long the crappy BT ones last before breaking.

Albanach
    Free Member

We have the angel care one and still use it when we are downstairs but turn it off when we go to bed, our daughter is nearly 18 months.

Ginger
    Free Member

We ran the angelcare one for several years as we have very thick walls in an old house and a bomb could go off in the room and we couldn’t hear it (although directly next door). Stopped using the pad when she could move around lots.

Daughter was born with a heart defect so we even used the pad set up when she was sleeping in the same room as us. Excellent product, which i would recommend to anyone. Didnt fancy the video type for a number of reasons.

medders
    Free Member

This is making me think. Sounds like how long we have been using them is unusual. We still use the cr*ppy BT ones for both kids (sound only) and they are 4.5 and 2. It is just part of the routine.

The problem is in our house we will not hear them without the listener on the rare occasions when they get upset in the night.

But I do want to stop using it for the older child but he wont like it and I would prefer he didn’t get out of bed if he wants something as it may be tough to get him back into bed. However, I think it is time to bite the bullet on that. Conversation with the wife this evening.

mark90
    Free Member

Our almost 9 yr old is only allowed out of bed for the bathroom, any thing else she calls out for us at a volume the neighbours could hear. Or I can hear through the monitor which in the 2yr olds room when I’m in the garage.

Monitor is a basic BT one that is coming up to 9 years old and has been faultless apart from the battery cover clip breaking when it was dropped once too many times.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘How long do you use a baby monitor?’ is closed to new replies.